RV-XG850 Switch Panel correct switches?

FTG-05

When I bought brand new RTV-XG850 last May, I ordered it the Switch Panel (77700-V0880), Accessory Wiring Harness (77700-V0881) and ROPS Wiring Harness (77700-V0882), The Switch Panel kit came with no (zero) switches. I looked on the Messicks.com site for the above part numbers to find the correct switches and got nothing. The only light switch I could find is on their U13800 Work Light Kit page, item #100, part number K3011-62230. I ordered three of these switches so I could hook up my front, light bar and rear work lights.

Put the switches together with the Switch Panel receptacles - and they don't match. They don't even come close - see pic. I still cannot find any reference to the correct switch for the Switch Panel. I've e-mailed Messicks but it's Sunday.

Anyone run into this? If so, what switches did you find that will work with the Switch Panel?

Thanks,

IMG_1487 (Large).jpeg

FTG-05

As of right now, I've stumped two Kubota dealers (Messicks and the local dealer). I've sent an e-mail to Kubota corporate, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Switch Panel Kit is no longer offered as option on the Kubota RTV-XG850 build page. The part number for the Kit has also changed from 77700-V0880 to 77700-10732. Not sure what this means or implies.

When I look at certain options that require the Switch Panel Kit, they also show requiring the Accessory Wiring Harness and/or ROPS Wiring Harness (both of which I bought). Nothing is said about requiring any switches for the Switch Panel Kit. How is it that can I buy three things that are supposed to work together but don't because an essential element is missing? Especially when the missing element is a proprietary design. This leads me to believe that the Switch Panel Kit was supposed to come with the switches.

For example, read the description for the Windshield Wiper kit, part #77700-VP0817 at https://www.messicks.com/part/77700-vp0817/windshield-wiper-kit
  • Includes a single wiper to keep the glass windshield clear from dust and rain
  • Compatible ONLY with Glass Windshield (77700-VP0802)
  • Requires two additional parts [Accessory] Wire Harness (77700-V0881) & Switch Panel Kit (77700-V0880)
Note the last requirement: Nothing said about requiring any additional switches, just the Switch Panel Kit and the [Accessory] Wiring Harness.

Am I the first to discover this problem?

FTG-05

E-mailed Messick's Sunday PM; they answered Monday AM asking for my RTV serial number. I sent it within an hour plus the pic above. Since then: Silence.

Called my local dealer Monday AM; parts guy gave me an e-mail so I could send him the same pic and question; which I sent out about 5 minutes later. Since then: Silence.

E-mailed Kubota-corp yesterday morning. Got a auto-confirmation e-mail an hour or so later. Since then: Silence (although this one was not unexpected).

FTG-05

I've sent follow-up e-mails to both Messicks and the local dealer's parts guy. I'm also in contact with a 3rd dealer out of KY; he's stumped as well, but I don't think he's a parts guy.

We have any Kubota dealers on here?

Thanks,

FTG-05

RTVX-900 has the same exact Switch Panel Kit, Accessory Wiring Harness and ROPS Wiring Harness, including using the same exact part numbers, in their RTVX-900 Accessories Brochure.

So still a dead end.

ETA: Just talked to the dealer; he said the switches are not included. He did not know the switch part numbers for me to order; he's supposed to call me back.

I had no idea this was going to be such a PITA. :(

FTG-05

So there is three options, from best to worst:

- The Switch Panel Kit does include the switches and they just made a mistake. We already know this isn't true.

- The Switch Panel Kit does not include the switches, but you can order them separately ($$$).

- The switches are only available when included with a Kubota accessory kit; e.g. 13.5" Light Bar (at $400).

I just spoke with the Kubota Salesman and he confirmed it's Option #3. Hence, I bought +$350 worth of options for my RTV-XG850 that is useless as-is. Unless of course, I buy the Kubota accessories with their hugely overpriced costs.

FML.

FTG-05

What happens down the road when you need to replace a switch because it failed? SOL!!!?
Truthfully, it doesn't sound like it's gonna be a problem: I'm not buying a $400 LED light bar just to get a switch.

How can something fail - if it never exists????????

:(

Len 900

They are a standard size rocker switch used in marine and auto applications. Look up 12 volt rocker switch and you will find them on amazon for about nine dollars. A rocker switch came with my harbor freight winch that snapped in my kabota panel with just very light filing of the hole. no worries...good luck

Len 900

I see you are trying to mate up to the stock wire harness. I would make some short jumper wires with male conn on one end and female on the other end. since kabota won't help probably your best solution. Hope that helps.

It seems to me that the wiring harness should have a relay that would take the signal from a 2- pole switch to multiple lights on that circuit. (i.e. 2 led fixtures for one switch) . If a relay is not included, a search online about how to wire the lights might help.

I bought a wiring harness with a relay off Amazon for around $15 that controls 2 lights from the switch.

FTG-05

I also found out that the Kubota-specific switches are $95 - each!

Lesson Learned: Do NOT buy the Switch Panel "Kit" (a $104 plastic box), nor the Accessory Wiring Harness (for Kubota accessories only) or the ROPS Wiring Harness (ditto).

I would have been far better off buying an actual switch kit from Nilight on Amazon. Switches, relays and wiring all for a fraction of the +$350 Kubota price.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
If Kubota is so UN-informative…..then hand it all back to them for refund. Make up your own.