Serial Number Location

sixbales

Howdy,
I am looking for the serial number on an old Kioti DK55C tractor. I have looked forward of the clutch on the transmission housing, but cannot find it. Maybe obscured by paint or dirt? Can anyone provide a description of where it might be located? Thanks in advance

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!
Not 100% sure but look on the left side of the frame, just behind the front tire.
If you have a loader on it, the plate may be covered by the loader arm.

Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Found a pic on the internet.
It may be on that 2x3" plate on the frame, just behind the front tire.

1639751514269.png

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
YW. If that is the correct plate (or not), please let us know so others can see the forum answer going forward.

sixbales

The plate is not there. I'm wondering if this was a bootleg or grey market tractor? Obviously, the numbers have been removed for some reason.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, let's check elsewhere.
Look at the transmission housing, just forward of the clutch pedal.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm at a loss now. I'd suggest you continue look it over for any numbers you can find. On my Deere, I "think" it's somewhere behind/under the seat on the tranny housing.
Can you call a Kioti dealer and ask? Tell them you need it for when you come to their store to order parts.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, another try.
Here's a link to your tractors shop manual.
On page 17, it shows a "rough" image of where your number plates are.
As best as I can interpret from the image, it's somewhere on your tranny, behind the left rear tire at the 10 o-clock position when viewing the tractor from the outside.