Service Day Spare Parts Found

ItBmine

Anybody have any idea what these are? I'm assuming just dummy plugs taken out during assembly? Because I can't find any holes where they would fit.

First one was found in the front belly pan and the single one was found under the front diff in the skid plate.

Attachments

• 20210718_135105 (Large).jpg
    20210718_135105 (Large).jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210718_135111 (Large).jpg
    20210718_135111 (Large).jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210718_135118 (Large).jpg
    20210718_135118 (Large).jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 1

ItBmine

That would be something if they came out of my engine somehow. Found out as I suspected they are dummy plugs for the HVAC components when they were installed.

Really makes you think when you find mystery parts. I hate that.

ItBmine

Service done. Glad I did it outside, because just when I thought the two HST filters were going to be the easiest part of the job because you can see them right there....I was wrong. I drained the transmission (oil was pretty dark after the first 50 hours) and also had the magnet bolt out (it was pretty dirty too, but no big chunks.) No more oil coming out, so went to pull the filters. And it immediately dumped a LARGE amount of oil out.
And I think the strongest man in Japan put the big suction filter on. Anyway, gotta get some cap wrenches for next time. Not a lot of room to turn my filter wrenches, especially with the rear protection plate on that I added.

Only other surprise was the front knuckle case oil (hubs) was very low. Couldn't see any oil in them. Good PDI there dealer.
And man there is a LOT of rad hose and hose clamps in that thing. Checked all of those too.

Between the Rotella T6 synthetic motor oil and the fresh Kubota Premium UDT it seemed to feel quite a bit peppier. Revs a bit faster now.
And yes, that's a Penzoil gear oil bottle there......but it has Kubota UDT in it. The squeeze bottle is nice for filling the front hubs on this and the tractors.

Attachments

• 20210718_140330 (Large).jpg
    20210718_140330 (Large).jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210718_163057 (Large).jpg
    20210718_163057 (Large).jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 21

Semper-Fi

Service done. Glad I did it outside, because just when I thought the two HST filters were going to be the easiest part of the job because you can see them right there....I was wrong. I drained the transmission (oil was pretty dark after the first 50 hours) and also had the magnet bolt out (it was pretty dirty too, but no big chunks.) No more oil coming out, so went to pull the filters. And it immediately dumped a LARGE amount of oil out.
And I think the strongest man in Japan put the big suction filter on. Anyway, gotta get some cap wrenches for next time. Not a lot of room to turn my filter wrenches, especially with the rear protection plate on that I added.

Only other surprise was the front knuckle case oil (hubs) was very low. Couldn't see any oil in them. Good PDI there dealer.
And man there is a LOT of rad hose and hose clamps in that thing. Checked all of those too.

Between the Rotella T6 synthetic motor oil and the fresh Kubota Premium UDT it seemed to feel quite a bit peppier. Revs a bit faster now.
And yes, that's a Penzoil gear oil bottle there......but it has Kubota UDT in it. The squeeze bottle is nice for filling the front hubs on this and the tractors.
Just changed oil & filters (52 hrs X1100C) in my RTV. Greased all upper components as per manual. Getting ready to grease control arms. Did you see a way to grease without taking off wheels? Thought maby i could jack up to get full rebound condition hopefully to get enough room to get in there with the grease gun. I agree about the filter "cap" wrenches & maby jacking up the rear end to get less oil loss for the next filter change.

ItBmine

I found out why I lost all the oil thanks to a member on OTT. According to the manual I was changing TRANSMISSION filters and I read and did the actions in DRAINING THE TRANSMISSION.
Hydraulic oil is in another reservoir and does not require service until 200 hours.
Well....apparently the hydraulic oil IS THE TRANSMISSION OIL and what the manual said was transmission oil is only the rear axle.

So next time I will just dump them all at same time.

I grease mine with wheels on Semper-Fi. I have a hose on my grease gun and I just lay on the ground and reach around everything.
I should look and see if I can put hoses to a remote grease bank like I had on my trucks, so I can grease standing up at one point.

Oldpath

This works good on filters that was put on by the strongest man in Japan..........

ItBmine

That looks interesting. Never saw one like that before. Looks like it might bite better than a regular cap wrench? Maybe I'll get one of those.

Do you use one Oldpath?

Big O

Likewise had trouble changing those transmission filters. I thought initially the oil filter wrench with the three rows of teeth would do the job. They only started a bad crushing. The solution was using a real, big channel lock pliers which could grip the filter close to the transmission. Even then you had to use some force. HF sells an inexpensive one.

Oldpath

That looks interesting. Never saw one like that before. Looks like it might bite better than a regular cap wrench? Maybe I'll get one of those.

Do you use one Oldpath?
I bought it this past winter, only changed oil twice with it and worked good on hard to get at 04 Jeep Liberty. My cap socket is old and on certain brands of oil filters there are slight variances so it will slip because wont fit right or is wore out. That socket wrench is spring loaded with slight turn it locks on and releases easy, when locked on it has a no slip grip without making holes in filter, it seems well made so should last......

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
wow that plug sure has allot of fines on it for 50 hours. somebody a gear grinder? i would change again before the warranty runs out to see if this persists. that stuff is death to a hydrostat.

ItBmine

wow that plug sure has allot of fines on it for 50 hours. somebody a gear grinder? i would change again before the warranty runs out to see if this persists. that stuff is death to a hydrostat.
Gear grinder? I would hope not after 36 years of truck driving. It is normal and I have seen far worse on new tractors. Maybe just looks worse in pics. I'm not concerned at all. Shifts perfect and runs perfect. But just shows a good example of all the people that go as far as to use a shop vac on their filler hole so that they can change the filters without dropping the oil because the manual does not say to change the oil.

Oldpath

Dont all new equipment recommend a first 50 hr oil change, and what is OTT? My tractor trans manual says every 400 hr, I wish trans,ission oil and hydraulic oil was separate in tractors, then I'd only need to change trans oil every 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hrs...........

ItBmine

Dont all new equipment recommend a first 50 hr oil change, and what is OTT? My tractor trans manual says every 400 hr, I wish trans,ission oil and hydraulic oil was separate in tractors, then I'd only need to change trans oil every 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hrs...........
OTT is Orange Tractor Talk forum.

The manuals for my B and the RTV call for hydraulic filters only at 50 hours. But I always dump the oil too.

I always do more oil changes than called for. RTV's and tractors are expensive enough, I'm not going to skimp on a pail of oil.
Some say it's a waste of money but I've never had anything fail or wear out on me.

ItBmine

I did everything except coolant for the 50 hour breakin, now it calls for 200 hours, same with my tractor.
But I never go to 200 because I do it more seasonal. If I am anywhere close by the start of winter I do a complete service on them so I don't have to do it in the winter.
My Polaris atv's....I did the first 50 hour and then I have just left the service minders set at 50 hours.

ko4bg

Site Supporter
I bought it this past winter, only changed oil twice with it and worked good on hard to get at 04 Jeep Liberty. My cap socket is old and on certain brands of oil filters there are slight variances so it will slip because wont fit right or is wore out. That socket wrench is spring loaded with slight turn it locks on and releases easy, when locked on it has a no slip grip without making holes in filter, it seems well made so should last......
I've used one of these for Years, bought it for a Honda my Daughter had 30 years ago, They work Great a Lot better than the one's that fit over the End groves on the Filters!
Woody

Oldpath

I've used one of these for Years, bought it for a Honda my Daughter had 30 years ago, They work Great a Lot better than the one's that fit over the End groves on the Filters!
Woody
Really,,,,, and I thought it was a new invention, only used it twice and third time is coming up quick. Over the past couple years I bought several oil filter jingle jangles, everything from big oil filter pliers to band wrenches and that auto tool oil filter wrench so far seems to work the best. Later on I might look see if theres a bigger size for my tractor filters...

ko4bg

Site Supporter
I've never seen a Larger one, if you find one please let me (Us) know, I like you have every kind you can think of and these work the Best!! Think I bought this from the Honda dealer but that's been Years ago, I'm sure Amazon (who would have Thunk it) sells them now!!
Woody