snow blower

jbiniak

I have a x1100c thinking about a snow blower but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a k connect system I am thinking about taking a used walk behind snow blower and mounting the engine directlly on the blower and mount the assembly to the rtv. Another possibility is take the same blower and mount a hydraulic motor to it. Has anyone out there done any thing like this?

4570FAN

#1 You'll want a blower wide enough to clear the width of the machine.
#2 Do you want to mess with a gasoline engine on your diesel machine?
#3 With enough engineering a hydraulically driven unit might have enough HP and RPM to work without overwhelming the RTV hydraulic system.

#3 is the scenario I daydream about.

The cost of the K-Connect system and its attachments is ridiculous. Even aftermarket snow plows are stupid $ for a all hydraulic unit. For as long as RTVs have been around, I'd expect better. AND A MOWER!

jbiniak

#1 You'll want a blower wide enough to clear the width of the machine.
#2 Do you want to mess with a gasoline engine on your diesel machine?
#3 With enough engineering a hydraulically driven unit might have enough HP and RPM to work without overwhelming the RTV hydraulic system.

#3 is the scenario I daydream about.

The cost of the K-Connect system and its attachments is ridiculous. Even aftermarket snow plows are stupid $ for a all hydraulic unit. For as long as RTVs have been around, I'd expect better. AND A MOWER!
#3 is the route I would like to go it would most likelly be trial and error I think there is a optional Hyd. pump set up for the x1100 however it is way too expensive it would be nice to get one of these or a k connect and see about building the kit yourself my son is a machinest and I have a mechanical background.

Last edited:

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
BIL and I did exactly that quite a number of years back. He lived in town and couldn't push his snow far enough to get the drive cleared so he found an old blower off a yard tractor and we added a Harbor Freight 5 hp gas engine. Took a bit of work to fab the mount and pulley drive but it worked quite well. The fab work will depend on the unit you find. I can't get a picture of his as he passed away about 10 years ago.

But if you lived in Michigan, I'd give you this blower I saved off my SIL's yard tractor.

BTW, if you decide to go this route, be sure you determine which direction the belt needs to turn before you fab everything up.

Attachments

• Yard Blower.jpg
    Yard Blower.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What kind of budget are you on?
There's places that sell what you're trying to achieve.
Here's the first site that popped up in my internet search for UTV snowblower. Don't know anything about them, just posting what I saw.

• 420cc engine with electronic and recoil start options
• 60 in. wide clearing width with high strength steel body and auger
• Electronic auger engagement and shoot adjustability from the comfort of your UTV cabin
• Easily raise and lower utilizing your UTV winch
• Equipped with a strobe light for safety when auger is engaged
• Adjustable skid plates insure you're not damaging driveways and roads
• Includes universal mounting hardware for most UTVs

About $3800.

jbiniak

What kind of budget are you on?
There's places that sell what you're trying to achieve.
Here's the first site that popped up in my internet search for UTV snowblower. Don't know anything about them, just posting what I saw.

• 420cc engine with electronic and recoil start options
• 60 in. wide clearing width with high strength steel body and auger
• Electronic auger engagement and shoot adjustability from the comfort of your UTV cabin
• Easily raise and lower utilizing your UTV winch
• Equipped with a strobe light for safety when auger is engaged
• Adjustable skid plates insure you're not damaging driveways and roads
• Includes universal mounting hardware for most UTVs

About $3800.
I looked at that and the reviews are absolutelly terrible nothing good said about it. Thanks for the reply though.

jbiniak

BIL and I did exactly that quite a number of years back. He lived in town and couldn't push his snow far enough to get the drive cleared so he found an old blower off a yard tractor and we added a Harbor Freight 5 hp gas engine. Took a bit of work to fab the mount and pulley drive but it worked quite well. The fab work will depend on the unit you find. I can't get a picture of his as he passed away about 10 years ago.

But if you lived in Michigan, I'd give you this blower I saved off my SIL's yard tractor.

BTW, if you decide to go this route, be sure you determine which direction the belt needs to turn before you fab everything up.
Thank you I will be looking for snow blowers at local auctions.As summer comes closer blowers become cheaper

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you I will be looking for snow blowers at local auctions.As summer comes closer blowers become cheaper
I‘ve never been able to find one for sale at ANY price down here in Texas! LOLOL :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I looked at that and the reviews are absolutelly terrible nothing good said about it. Thanks for the reply though.
That was just an example that I posted. Are all of them crap or just this one?

SVG

I run a Bercomac snowblower on my 900 RTV. It uses a twin cylinder Honda engine for power. Works very well.

I want to say it cost ~$7,000 4 or so years ago.

Bercomac Snow Blower.jpeg

uke

Just purchased a 66 in Berco. Can you or anyone recommend a good and appropriate winch for use on a blower or plow that fits well on a 1100?