Snow, FINALLY!

cchaffee

Hey guys.
Enjoy this forum and read it a lot while I was rebuilding my A-B used 2005 RTV 900. After it was running I opted to buy the plow before getting new tires and seat that are needed.
Problem has been--no snow since I installed the plow. Yesterday we got 8 to 12 inches here in PA, drifting to deeper than my blade. I love plowing and couldn't wait to use it (cab and heater). My wife gave me #$%# for starting at 5 am, I told her I WAITED until 5 am. Yesterday was like my birthday, skipped work and plowed my whole community from 5am to 3:30 (or beer-thirty as it was).
Ps I promised picture of Kubo-truk and Dog. Here's Maximus going to get diesel before the storm.

Attachments

• 20150201_113655.jpg
    20150201_113655.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20150201_113734.jpg
    20150201_113734.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 109

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Looks GREAT!

You should have said something earlier. If we had known you wanted snow I'm sure we could have taken up a collection and got you all you wanted! :whistling:

Jim

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Nice going cc. Now put it away for the rest of the winter. Lol. See where Punxy Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter. Bet you gave him a "high five".

rapracing

I got a plow for mine hoping that would work the opposite way and I not have to use it. We had about 8 inches here yesterday and it was HEAVY! I have a quite a bit of plowing to do but it took about twice as long because of the weight. I ended up using the tractor after plowing to move some of the piles away so I had room to plow more. I hope it's over but I'd be it's not

Mark.Sibole

LOL I used to do the same thing on plowing everyone out till i started to wear out u joints a lot.Now I just plow myself out and Dads place.Plowing is hard on the joints!.Better you than me with the snow.Im having a nice very little snow year here in northern michigan.Think there is only 9 inches in the ground but has been colder than a well diggers ass all season. Have fun and play safe!Ive learned when plowing with the Bota ease off the throttle easy so the auto brakeing dosnt kick in it saves the joints.Also if you have the thottle lever on your machine crank up the engine RPMS and just use the foot pedel to kick in the hydrostatic trans it gives you more push and you coast to a stop and is a lot easier on the machine.On my 2004 I didnt have that option so i made my own throttle control.I believe the machines with the built in hydrolycs have them instaled at the factory.

Mark

Mark.Sibole

I notice you have the curtis plow on yours too. Some tips for ya. add grease inbetween the plates where the plow angle adjusts.Dont be afaraid to pack it in there.It will save wear.Also keep an eye on the bars .Bars go from mount to the plate where the plow swivels.Where the bars are welded on the swivel plate the metal is the thinnest and only top welded.Check at that point for stress cracks. do this every time when done plowing.It will save you from loading the plow in the back of the machine and bringing it back home lol.Been there done that. It isnt the best designed system but works well if maintained properly.
I the spring when it is warmer give everything a good look over while it is off.Loot at the bottom where the bars connect to the mount where it pivots for up and down.You can find a place to drill holes for a zerk fitting to grease the pivot point.Also look where the wires go into the motor for the lift.After time they like to break right at the motor housing from constant flex.Tape them wires to the motor body and leave a small loop where they go into the motor.This way they wont break right at the motor like mine did .BUt remember mine in 8 years old and i have moved tons of snow and dirt with mine.Average snow fall here yearly is over 100 inches. If you need any more suggestions for the plow feel free to ask.

cchaffee

Thanks Mark.
That's a lot of good info. I thought about the grease fitting but it is below zero here 3 days a week. you're right that's a summer job. We did go over the plow inspecting it before installation because I bought it used.

I am curious about your hand throttle, can you tell me more? Anyone else use this setup?

Curt

Mark.Sibole

let me look back in some threads there was a thread on this a while back.Let me see if i can find it.
here is a link to the kit.I made my own using an old lawnmower style throttle cable and lever as I was to cheap to spend 75 bucks for their kit

http://www.colemanequip.com/parts/KubotaParts/V4241/202
714881-V4241.jpg

Mark.Sibole

someone here may have the mounting instructions so you can see how it is hooked up and make your own.I struggle to find old threads but some here like Bordercollie is a wizzard at it.