Steel Cab with steel doors

Tom B

Hello

Has anyone added the Kubota steel enclosure #V4211? I'm considering adding it, along a heater. Thanks for any feedback.

Tom

chad450r

Tom,
I added the cab a few years ago, outstanding. Of course I live in the north and use it to plow. Built my own heater from a heater core and a metal surround and small fan, very comfy in the cab. Glass windshield with wipers, again perfect combination. My favorite mod is the hand throttle kit. Should have been factory option, imo.

Tom B

Tom,
I added the cab a few years ago, outstanding. Of course I live in the north and use it to plow. Built my own heater from a heater core and a metal surround and small fan, very comfy in the cab. Glass windshield with wipers, again perfect combination. My favorite mod is the hand throttle kit. Should have been factory option, imo.

Chad - Is the cabin fairly air & water tight? I can't find many pictures that show how things actually seal. I'm considering either adding the steel cab or buying a '14 RTVX1100.

Thanks

Kanook

Is this the steel cab you are considering. I installed this one a few years back. The only air leakage in my case is around the bottom of the doors, but I have found that sealing it up too tight results in condensation on the glass windshield. Two heaters running off the RTV cooling system ...one vents through the cup holder driver side and the other in series with the first blows warmed air at the drivers feet. Door are easily removed for summer use.

Of course a new 1100 would be so much more comfy but I like the smell of the money I won't be spending on a factory equipped machine.

Attachments

• snowflake and turtle.jpg
    snowflake and turtle.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 90

Tom B

Is this the steel cab you are considering. I installed this one a few years back. The only air leakage in my case is around the bottom of the doors, but I have found that sealing it up too tight results in condensation on the glass windshield. Two heaters running off the RTV cooling system ...one vents through the cup holder driver side and the other in series with the first blows warmed air at the drivers feet. Door are easily removed for summer use.

Of course a new 1100 would be so much more comfy but I like the smell of the money I won't be spending on a factory equipped machine.

Yes, I'm considering steel cab. Did you do the installation yourself? If so, was it straight forward?

Thanks

Kanook

Installed it myself...piece of cake..Every thing is straight forward. Took me a day...but I took several brewski breaks. Mine was a used one off a written off RTV the dealer had. I had the doors and other items sand blasted and epoxy primed and replaced the door and glass windshield gaskets...Does the job for me. Not as tight and comfy/quiet as the 1100 factory cab keeps the winter out..As long as the sliding windows in the doors aren't left open it keeps out the rain if left parked outside.

chad450r

Water tight yes, short of going into 12"++ of water :). As far as air leaks I had to add seal around the hood, and block off the 14" wide by 16" tall area where your horn is mounted. I can try to take pictures. In a perfect world If I had the option to buy a new model that would be the way to go for sure,factory cabs are much better insulated plus all the other bells and whistles you get. For what I use my 05 900 for, plowing and towing my boat to the launch down the road, firewood and any other excuse I can find it suits me well. Althogh i have always liked the looks of the 1100 better. Somday....

Tom B

Water tight yes, short of going into 12"++ of water :). As far as air leaks I had to add seal around the hood, and block off the 14" wide by 16" tall area where your horn is mounted. I can try to take pictures. In a perfect world If I had the option to buy a new model that would be the way to go for sure,factory cabs are much better insulated plus all the other bells and whistles you get. For what I use my 05 900 for, plowing and towing my boat to the launch down the road, firewood and any other excuse I can find it suits me well. Althogh i have always liked the looks of the 1100 better. Somday....

Your cab sounds like it suits your needs significantly, and also would be fine for me. It's going to come down to $$ for me, cost and availibility of the cab equipment VS cost of the 2014 1100.

Kanook

Likewise...I stuffed foam insullation into every nook and cranny under the hood.Think the foam came from an old camping foam mattress that was on its last legs..Squirrels found it quite comfy to build a nest in while it sat parked out side last summer.