Strait pipe the Exhaust & Build a Cold Air Intake X1100C

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I have looked at a few older threads (bordercollie and others) That show guys making a better high rise air intake for the RTV's.
Most of them for Dust reasons . I hear tell that a Diesel motor LOVES Air,, and likes to pass it like a big pump.
So.
I am interested in any help building a better air intake for the X1100c .
It appears to me that the factory LONG tube going to the front would cause major restricted air flow?

Also I do not believe in playing god on a diesel engine , Dont hot rod my things, But I do drive a GMC Durramax and my truck Loved me for the cold air intake and cutting that damn kitty off the exhaust ,.. More Air Flow . Better performance . A no brainer ?

Any one cut the muffler off there X1100c and run a strait pipe ?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
there is a few things you can do to improve performance but not much. you can adjust your fuel just a itty bitty bit and in some cases feel a big difference. it just depends on how low it was set at the factory. you can turn up the rpm to 3600 rpm without hurting a thing. again depends where your machine is set. my x1100c was set about 3400 if i remember. my old 07 1100 was factory 3650 rpm and the fuel will smoke just a hint with all the factory seals intact. then comes the hst control rod and fuel pump linkage adjustments are most likely out of spec. and of course a turbo

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Have read about some of those mods.

I could use any old tachometer to see what the RPM is currently at ?

Larger Air box or one without that long narrow hose would not help anything ?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
more free air is always a good thing. just not sure in this case you can measure the increase. "not sure" if you really want to see what these little engines are capable of get to know the guys and gals that hop them up in the pulling tractors. WOW!!! but they port the heads and all kinds of stuff. the main limit on rpm on your rtv is the transmission not the engine. you can get a cheap phototach to adjust rpm. be advised though that you may not feel much improvement unless the rpm is set low. and it may or may not be. a little extra fuel helps just a little. each step improves a little but each also helps make the improvement more. just don't expect much. if you are happy with it now i wouldn't mess with it.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Nough said,, I am happy as can be with this little machine. But I am running out of upgrades and accessories .
lol

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I got a set of chrome stacks a guy gave me when I was building bbq smokers. ..
Eye ballin those .. lol Nahhhh

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Good afternoon fellas !
Having some "NEW" uphill Power loss. ( have never noticed it doing that in the past just the last few days)
Reading around I assume it Could be the clogged spark arrestor ? Mine has not been able to be cleaned as the bolt under muffler is broken off .
Looking around on web for a aftermarket muffler.. Damn I really want to Strait pipe this thing and do away with the spark arrester all together.
Does not seem to be any aftermarket solution that I can put my finger on other than this WAY OVERPRICED One ..
https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/det...performance-exhaust-muffler/kubota/rtv-x1100c
And would bet it would not fit anyways.
Eye balling that sawzall ,, and angle grinder in the shop as we speak .

No one got a pic of strait pipe install on a X1100C yet ??

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I wonder if you could grind down that broke off bolt and then drill and tap it out ? I know it's a pain to do and good bits are needed.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I got bored yesterday and drilled out the broken bolt, Rethreaded the hole for a larger bolt,, BUT Ive left the bolt out and think I might leave it that way.

4570FAN

My spark arrestor clean out bolt wouldn't come out either. (Less than 200 hours). I cut off the factory muffler and replaced it a muffler for a Farmall A. It's a glorified glasspack. Looks good, a little louder but no noticeable increase in performance. It is MUCH lighter though.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Hmmm Nice.. you got any pics of the install handy ? Did it bolt up to the supports in the rear of the machine pretty well ?

4570FAN

Hmmm Nice.. you got any pics of the install handy ? Did it bolt up to the supports in the rear of the machine pretty well ?
I can get pics tomorrow if you want. I was going to attach it to the rear mount, but it's very light and doesn't vibrate at all. I'm not worried that it will crack the pipe or manifold.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
OK I'm gonna check my muffler this weekend! My machine is 2 years old now, it's best to stay on top of these things.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
4570FAN .. upload us a couple pics if you get time , like to see your install and maybe even link to the one you purchased.
Thank you

4570FAN

My bed is full of stuff so I didn't take a picture underneath. I simply cut the pipe where it was straight. I bought the muffler at TSC. They had a clamp the right size too.

4570FAN

It's obviously louder behind the machine, but I don't think it is inside the cab. The engine fan is still the primary sound I notice. If/when I add a turbo, that will reduce the decibel level some.