TC40D replacement battery

clinton1975

Hi, New to this forum.
I have a New Holland TC40D tractor purchased in 2003. The original battery has finally died. My problem is finding a replacement. The original is a Deka 1024DT. That battery is no longer manufactured nor does there seem to be direct alternative. I have looked online and gone to an NH and Case dealership both with no success. The issue is that the battery tray hold downs on the tractor are on the ends not the sides and are 10" apart. Do any of you know of a replacement to fit or maybe an aftermarket adapter for the battery tray to change from end hold downs to side? Any help appreciated!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.
I'm pretty sure that takes a relatively standard Group 24 battery which should be available most anywhere like car part stores.
Take a look at this site (one of the first pages listed when I did an internet search for group 24 battery)..

Confirm your measurements and terminal locations. If it has the correct footprint, look at your old battery for CCA then check in with your favorite car parts stores to see if they have it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sad that the New Holland shop could not offer a solution. If they don't carry the battery at least tell you what to shop for. My 2002 Kubota battery died after many years of use. First time I bought the same battery from Kubota, it didn't last near as long as the original. 2nd time I bought a Durolast Auto Zone battery.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If it were me, I do as Zoom and Doc said about checking battery cca and the posts . Then , If I couldn't find a battery that fit in that area, I'd think about using those existing tie down holes for bolts and use those bolts to mount a battery box there. Slip the right CCA and type terminal battery in the box and be ready to go.. Good luck.

Reactions: Doc

JhonKarls

Hi, New to this forum.
I have a New Holland TC40D tractor purchased in 2003. The original battery has finally died. My problem is finding a replacement. The original is a Deka 1024DT. That battery is no longer manufactured nor does there seem to be direct alternative. I have looked online and gone to an NH and Case dealership both with no success. The issue is that the battery tray hold downs on the tractor are on the ends not the sides and are 10" apart. Do any of you know of a replacement to fit or maybe an aftermarket adapter for the battery tray to change from end hold downs to side? Any help appreciated!
New Holland TC40D, TC45, TC45D Tractor Service Repair New Holland Tc45d 4 Cylinder Tractor Parts Pdf Manual This is the COMPLETE Service Repair Manual for the New Holland TC35, TC35D, TC40, TC40D, TC45, TC45D