The Beast

BBrian

Hello, this is my first post. I enjoy reading the posts on this site and always learn something new. I own an L3200 and recently bought an 1100c to replace a John Deere HPX Gator. There is no comparison between the two except that they both seat two and have 4 wheels. The power of the Kubota is very impressive. It is a nit noisy but it doesn't have that squealing belt problem of the Gator. I froze my butt off plowing in the Deere but I was able to use my snow plow from the Gator by buying a $100 mount. I'd like to put in a radio so I'd like some suggestions. I've heard the stock speakers are pretty cheap so is there an alternative? I've been using a blue tooth speaker but I'd like better sound. It was spendy but I am very happy with it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!
I don't have an 1100 let alone a cab so I can't make recommendations on speakers. Are the stock speakers a standard size and you can just pull them out an replace with high-end speakers?

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Hello, this is my first post. I enjoy reading the posts on this site and always learn something new. I own an L3200 and recently bought an 1100c to replace a John Deere HPX Gator. There is no comparison between the two except that they both seat two and have 4 wheels. The power of the Kubota is very impressive. It is a nit noisy but it doesn't have that squealing belt problem of the Gator. I froze my butt off plowing in the Deere but I was able to use my snow plow from the Gator by buying a $100 mount. I'd like to put in a radio so I'd like some suggestions. I've heard the stock speakers are pretty cheap so is there an alternative? I've been using a blue tooth speaker but I'd like better sound. It was spendy but I am very happy with it.
My RTV900 has a radio and an enclosed Curtis Cab and it's almost impossible to hear when using the machine. I personally use my Samsung phone and a set of blue tooth noise cancelling headphones to listen to music/radio/etc.
If you want to listen to local radio, two choices: 1- They make headphones with am/fm capability or, my choice, most local radio stations also broadcast over the internet and I can use my phone to listen to them.

ItBmine

I can't help you yet either BBrian. I have a new RTV-X1100C and I LOVE it for plowing with my Boss vee plow, but I haven't upgraded my speakers yet. Dealer installed my radio but the speakers are kinda tinny and don't have much base. Plus like you say they are a bit loud in the cab.

But some members here have some very good posts on sound proofing the cabs.

Be interesting to see what everyone comes up with as a good upgrade to the speakers.

cchaffee

Congrats BBrian on the new toy!!! I've been looking for a X1000C but they are few and far between. My wife told me last year my old 2005 900 was beat and I should get a new one before I retire. Bad timing.....

BBrian

Thanks for all the feedback! I've been using a cheap bluetooth speaker in the cab and it's ok. I'm looking at a $150 Bose bluetooth as an improvement. Removing the headliner to replace the factory speakers looks kind of sketchy to me and maybe I should'nt kick the bear.

Reactions: Doc

BBrian

Thanks for all the feedback! I've been using a cheap bluetooth speaker in the cab and it's ok. I'm looking at a $150 Bose bluetooth as an improvement. Removing the headliner to replace the factory speakers looks kind of sketchy to me and maybe I should'nt kick the bear.
Shouldn't for Pete's sake! On another point. I kept the 66" KFI plow from my Gator and bought a bracket to fit the 1100. I'm thinking it should be wide enough because both machines have the same front end width. Plowing next winter should be a bit nicer with a cab and a heater!

BBrian

Congrats BBrian on the new toy!!! I've been looking for a X1000C but they are few and far between. My wife told me last year my old 2005 900 was beat and I should get a new one before I retire. Bad timing.....
Might as well have fun while we are on this side of the dirt!

SVG

I'll second @avantiguy . I've got the same configuration (RTV900, Curtis cab) and the built-in stereo is pretty weak.

I use bluetooth headphones and they work great.