Unloading spray tanks

ne-sd

Nick-America In a June post you stated that you had a neat way of unloading a 60 gal spray tank. Would appreciate a picture posting of what you do - I unload or change 55 gal spayers twice or three times a week. Any new or improved way would be appreciated! thanksjerry</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Don't know 'bout Nick-America ~~~</p>

But here,we made a discharge line just for that on oursprayers, we" Tee" if off of the nozzle lineat thejunction where all lines go toit and the nozzles. Just turn off all the nozzles and turn a valve, and run that line into whatever holding tank you may want to keep it in. </p>

OR, most tanks have a drain plug. </p>

Know of one man who has a 12 Volt pump gadget, that he sticks into his tanks and pump 'em out ~~~~~</p>

<span style="font-size: medium;"><font color="#ff0000"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></span></p>

ne-sd

Two Guns I was hoping that Nick was talking about the physical unloading of the sprayer from the machine. I build my own sparyers and have two ways of draining the tanks. I have three different sprayers that I use for different applications - each sprayer probably weighs 225 #'s plus the chemical left in each. I now use a chain on each tank and use a loader tractor to unload them from the 900.</p>

JERRY,</p>

I will take photos tomorrow and post the way I unload my sprayer. I have an old used skate conveyor-like boxes etc.....are unloaded from trucks-that I make a frame to set itso the skate conveyoris the same height as the RTV bed height. Just drop the tailgate, back up to and load or unload the sprayer with no effort.I put the sprayer on a pallet first so I can use a set of forks to unload. Now I am going to take the pallet off of the sprayer and set on the sprayer on a piece of plywood so it will move over the rollers on the skate conveyor. I just leave the sprayer on the conveyor until I get ready to use it again. Also, put the battery on the frame and when it is not in the RTV keep the battery on a battery minder so it is fully charged and not over charged, ready to go the next time. This way I can unload it with spray mix still in the tank if I don't get it empty. A person could make a roller if they wanted. Works good for me. Post tomorrow.</p>

Nick</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
ne-sd,</p>

Sorry 'bout that, I mis-understood!!!</p>

~~~~~~~~<span style="font-size: medium;"><font color="#ff0000"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></span></p>

ne-sd

Two guns I probably didn't state what I was looking for. I do put a positive drain on my tanks. I do have a cradle that I use to unlload a sprayer, but sometimes others have better ideas - which I often use. A lot of my IDEAS comes from this forum!!!!!</p>

Jerry</p>

Deerlope

Two weeks ago I bought a set of forks (Quick Attach) and after only a 1/2 hour of using the I realized that I should have bought them the day before I bought the tractor. If you guys can get a set of them they are handier than a pocket in a shrit. Would be not problem then unloading anything.</p>