used 2014 x900 sold as new

Bought the 2014 rtvx900 from local tractor business with 297 hours showing. Was on loan to the Cincinnati bUngals so it was sold as new,yeah right, with 0% financing and one year warranty. I asked the salesman to make sure it was up to date on service and he guaranteed me it was. Upon further inspection it looked like the engine oil filter was changed because of the looks and writing on the filter of date and hours. The hydraulic filters looked as though someone wrote the date and hours on it after it had been installed OR WAS IT the old filters and new ones never installed. The hyd. fluid was not changed on the service. After a meeting with the salesman and service manager I find out they did a 50 hour service even though it had 297 hours. I asked for proof of a 50 hour service but they could not provide any. Stated it may have been serviced somewhere else. We all know the rtvx900 was delivered to the bUngals and they used it and never had anything done. After all this my question is if something major goes wrong in the year warranty period do you think they will honor it with service records not available?

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
They'll honor it if you have it in writing, I would think. As far as the service goes, if they can't document it then, as you said, it probably wasn't done.

If the deal is good enough then either have the service done elsewhere or push them to do it where it is. If the deal isn't that good then you could find one somewhere else.

Remember, at 297 hours, it might just be broken in. That's really low hours in the life of a 900.

To late now, I own it. They gave me the fluid, 3 gal. free. I will do it myself. That way I know it's done right. I could kick myself though after reading a lot of members have older rtv's with a lot less hours. Don't mind stating the price, $12,000.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm not sure about many members with lower hours, most RTV's on the forum get used quite a bit. As I said previously, those 297 hours are very little use in the life of a 900.

I just used my 04 to move 12-14 in of snow off of over 2000 running feet of driveways, so they are a durable and long lived machine. I don't think you need to feel low with the purchase. Change out the fluids and filters and use it hard for years to come.

Welcome, Bob

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard......Kubota will stand by the warranty, if it is in writing by the dealer that you are the first owner. Who knows how many hours or whatever it had on it as a demo..........
Three gallons of what?......Super UDT II??????? By all means, do a complete fluid change and a go over as if it were the "need everything" service. For sure it is just broke in.................CLEAN OUT THE SPARK ARRESTOR....That thing from just putting around a stadium is gonna be clogged. If it was me, I would put in some good fuel cleaner, some sea foam, and any other fuel engine treatment you can find and then do a couple hours at full throttle going as hard as it will go just to clean the innards out....Then I would do the fluid change.........God bless....Dennis

ovrszd

I bought my '08 last Fall with 181 hrs.

First thing I did was change all the fluids and fully service the machine. Now I know when these things were serviced. :)

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of good practical advice here. As far as your "new" machine, if you don't have an operators manual, you might check into getting one. Also, Messicks is a favorite dealer where you can rely on their advice as well.

Keifer

Thanks for all the replies and welcome. I do feel better about the hours and realize it is a great machine. I just wish it had been serviced properly from the start. Thanks to Ovrszd I have all the manuals I need. I was a "FORD" flat rate mechanic back in the days, 70's thru 80's. I have met my match on occasion but can repair almost anything even computers. Dennis, yes it was "Super UDT II" I made sure of that. I bought new hyd filters also just to be sure and have peace of mind.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I wouldn't worry about it myself. i always do a complete fluid and filter change on any used machine i purchase anyway so i have a baseline. 300 hours isn't going to hurt anything,how many miles are on it?

Mark.Sibole

At 297 miles its still a virgin.It takes a lot to destroy anything on these machines and if it was only on a ball field or very light use i wouldnt expect much wear at all on it.