Wheel extenders

ne-sd

Was at a farm show last week and watched a demo of some new wheel extenders for ATV's.These extenders would work for mud or snow and do not take extra horsepower. Go to WWW.j-wheelz.com to see demo. They have not made one for the Kubota - their units attach on wheel studs where the Kubota uses a bolt to attach wheels. They saw no problem in coming up with a set-up for a Kubota if there was enough interest. I plan on stopping at their office the next time I go in their direction to discuss the Kubota application.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doesn't someone already sell these on e-bay?</p>

Clearance to the outer edge of the wheel wells would concern me.</p>

doggman

Those extenders put my old spinner style hub caps to shame! </p>

Are they sealed on the outside of the cone? The website doesn't show much. And, they're probably hell in the woods...</p>

ne-sd

They are sealed up against the tire - about 4" off the ground whenyou are on level ground. I hunt coyotes/fox during the winter and may try them - had considered tracks but cost and loss ofpower is a question for me. I would like to borrow a set to try - I don't know what would happen if one side was in mud and other on dry ground - would they pull or slip the side in the mud. In snow if one side is in deep snow and other on dry ground, would they pull the machine thru. They were using a Honda Rancher, but they would not allow anyone to run theATV (Insurance). They were impressive in mud.They are quickly installed and removed on the Honda -remove cover and remove two whell lug nuts and they come off. Wheigh 5-6 lbs each.They have lugs - normal or aggressive that are easily replaced. Jerry</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oops, my bad. Disregard my previous post.</p>

I was thinking wheel spacers. I can't do much browsing while working so I didn't open the link in your post.</p>

</p>

G

</p>

How much width do they ad? I see alot of potential problems. </p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Bearings stress >>>>></p>

<span style="font-size: medium; color: #ff0000; font-family: JohnHancock;">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</span></p>

ne-sd

Messicks Please elaborate. I need to find something to increase flotation on snow.</p>

</p>

Two guns. Do you think that these would be more destructive than tracks? Last winter I needed to use my winch a nuimber of times because of deep snow - with the extenders I porbably could go over the top. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Jerry</p>