Wheels/automotive type

ne-sd

For the next few months I will be using my 900 on hard surface roads - approximately 100-150 miles per day and do not need aggresive tires. Has anyone installed car wheels/tires? I would like to install either 14 or 15" tires. I will also need to use conical bolts or tapered washers. Any info would be appreciated. jerry</P>

Assuming flat ground and wide open the 150 miles would take 6 Hours at 25mph. I guess that is a good way to save fuel if your body can take that every day.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's been a long time but I do recall someone putting car tires on.

Don't quote me but I believe they were 13 or 14" <u>Ford</u> rims. They matched the RTV's bolt pattern.
I'd take a RTV tire off and head to the junkyard to match/confirm the bolt pattern.
Although I haven't actually mounted it, it appears the 15" tires on my trailer also have the same bolt pattern (again, I think they match to Ford).

bczoom,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">You are correct, they are Ford rims but I also forget the size........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil......</P>

ne-sd

I expect to travel about 15 mph for about 12-15 hrs per day. I have a friend who is trying to come up with a bucket seat to install in the 900. I often abuse my body by riding a motorcycle for 1,000 to 1,200 miles per day.

ne-sd

Messick Farm. I sub-contract to provide an inspection service which requires me to travel on hard surface roads, make reports and location of recomended repairs by GPS.</P>

I didn't realize until today that the lug bolts on the 900 are 7/16-20 with a 17mm head. </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
RRRRRRRRRRRRRight >>> Is there ever a destination point, or do you keep going, & going & going ?</P>

<FONT size=5><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000>~~~ Two Guns ~~~</FONT></FONT></P>

ne-sd

bczoom the bolt pattern (5on 4 1/2) is a standard bolt pattern. I don't know what set back is needed to provide clearence for the fenders. I will be going to Billings in the next couple of weeks and plan on taking a wheel/tire with me. I would like to run 15" tires if possible. I use my GPS to check speed so difference in circumference is not a problem.</P>

Thanks jerry</P>

ne-sd

Two Guns We usually have a destination. A few years back in Florida we found one of your GATORS crossing a road - we didn't end up with any road kill but he sure scared the _____ out of us. </P>

I have been reading up on your big RATS that you are having a problem with. I would sure like to hunt a few of them. We have prairie Poodles up here but most land owners are reluctant to open their land. </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Ne-sd,</P>

Thought we were a missing one !!!! All you had to do is slip up beside him, and whisper in his ear, and tell him to " GO HOME " !!!!!No guarantee he would of listened, but I will guarantee you would have known when you got his attention ~~~~ [:D]</P>

Yep, the nutria rats & beavers shootin' is a great past time down here. </P>

About the road inspections, wish they would put some of ya'll folks down here, and report your findings to the governor . Hell, some of these roads are so ruff, that I believe you couldn't even fly over them, and hold a cup of coffee ~~~ [*-)]</P>

<FONT size=5><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000>~~~ Two Guns ~~~</FONT></FONT></P>