Windshield clamps

BaiJiu

Yeah, I have a recommendation, get something else. I just finished installing two mirrors with those same clamps and they are crap. You can make a better clamp from almost any material. So sad that Kubota is using this crap.

If you can't find a better clamp use the u-bolts lubricate and put some neoprene hose inside the bonding surfaces, just slide it over the u-bolt before you put it over the ROPS. If you lubricate it twice a year it will last forever, if not it will dry out and show cracking after 4-5 years.

BaiJiu

That's a standard electrical clamp, you an buy it at any hardware or electrical store. If you pay anymore than $2.99 they are getting the better of you.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm a big fan of the 2" O-clamps that are normally used by DJ's to hold lighting equipment to the trusses.

Here's a pic to give you an idea. As pictured, the bolt with wing-nut on top is what you connect your accessory to. On the right is the clamp that opens (hinged on the left side) and you clamp that around your ROPS.

They're available on e-bay and other sites for $5-10 each. Most will say 1.5" to 2". The 1.5" is a plastic insert that goes inside the round opening. The RTV ROPS is 2" so you would just remove that sleeve.

I have a homemade windshield. 2nd picture is my windshield mounted with these clamps.

DV016_Jpg_Large_804634.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG3566.jpg
    CIMG3566.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 109

BaiJiu

Nice clamps, I tried to buy some on e-bay but it cost more to ship them to Ca. than it does to buy them.

ccmdvl1960

Thanks for the suggestions, I will let you know what I come up with (late March). I want to wait until I get the plastic top before I install the windshield.

kobe

Thank you much bczoom, I do not need clamps for the ROPS bars, but had a dire need for another use and those would be outstanding! (been looking for a month)~~~KOBE~~

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you much bczoom, I do not need clamps for the ROPS bars, but had a dire need for another use and those would be outstanding! (been looking for a month)~~~KOBE~~
Glad to hear it was a help. You didn't mention what your other project is but be careful if it's heavy. As I recall, most of these clamps are rated for around 35 pounds (per clamp).

kobe

Darn, should have realized they were die-cast. Might still work though. They are to hold a 1 1/2" support bar in place, but they really do not have to support any side load so thay may still work out. Sure would be a lot quicker then what I'm doing now~~~KOBE

BaiJiu

bczoom do you know if there is a temperature condition on those clamps, I was the same thought as kobe or at least I assumed they were aluminum or something similar.

BaiJiu

I just bought mirrors for my RTV 900 the clamps were plastic and not very good, the clamp that zoom is showing is quite a bit stronger and seems to be so much more robust. If I could buy them in Canada I would have 6 in reserve for different racks I would carry for fishing, hunting etc.