X1100 Light Bar attachment

rleonard

In case anyone is interested, I made up these simple and rugged brackets to attach a light bar to the bumper. The material is 2 x 2 x .188 angle iron that I sheared into shape with an ironworker, but a bandsaw or hacksaw would have been just as good. A couple of holes and all is well.

The light bar is a Hella 21.5 "Black Magic" unit. Most impressive, the LEDs are at the top and bottom of the housing, which acts as a heat sink. The reflector is in the center and when it's off it nearly disappears. Here is a link; Link to front light bar When you turn it on its WOW! The device pulls 8 to 15A amps so a relay is necessary. I tucked one in under the hood with a fuse inline of course.

The brackets bolt to the existing bumper bolts where the turn signal brackets attach. No added holes, or even fasteners. I should have a drawing of the part should anyone want to recreate them.

Attachments

• IMG_20231025_173433693_HDR[1].jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20231025_175029879[1].jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231025_175039430[1].jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20231025_175058795[1].jpg
    3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231025_175112233[1].jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

rleonard

Thanks for the complements. I'm looking for the thumbdrive that has the model of the brackets. Darn it...has to be here somewhere....

I might be able to put in slots (instead of holes) and make the bracket more accommodating of other light bars. If you want them as a kit I could do that, but let me find that drawing.

Will advise

rleonard

Yay! I found the thumb drive. It had slipped under the keyboard.

I'm checking them over and making a new print that can be shared.

rleonard

Here is a drawing of the bracket. NOTE! I only detailed the right hand bracket. You would need to make it and a matching left hand part. The Hella light bar is 22.00 OAL. The bolts on my bumper measure 25.0 inches center to center. I designed in slots to allow for manufacturing tolerances and adjustability.

Attachments

• Hella Mounting Bracket SINGLE.JPG
    Hella Mounting Bracket SINGLE.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 9

rleonard

Another comment, I previously said that this material was 2 x 2 x .188 angle. I actually used 2 x 2 x .125 material.

Maverick817

Man that looks good, nice work! Thanks for sharing the bracket drawing. What are you a steel detailer for a living haha? Pretty impressive drawing for a couple little angle iron brackets! I just put lights on the front and back of my 1100. I need to upload some pics one day.