X1100C Driving Lights

sunnyside

Sorry for reserecting an almost year old thread, but it is relevant. I'm a proud new owner of a camo x1100c. I'm contemplating adding factory LED work lights front and rear. I'd like to know if the factory has the harness already installed or do I have to pull the headliner and install theirs or my own?

I'm also awaiting delivery of the rear screen and turn signal kit, which as Nevada stated seems to be plug and play. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I know from experience the radio and turn signal installations are fairly straight forward with wires in place. I'd be surprised if the work lights aren't the same.
Congrats and good luck with your new RTV.

1100C

Work light wiring is in place. I have the Kubota work lights front and rear.

Thanks Orange and Sunny, I kept digging last night and found that yes, the harnesses are already in place and should be plug and play for wok ignite and turn signals.

I see only the older work lights listed for the 1100c and not the LED's, I'm hoping there are no issues ordering and installing those. Also, trying to find out what they are rated at lumen wise. I know they must be brighter than the previous halogen work lights.

Thanks again...

Nevadablue

Sorry guys, I have been out of touch for a long time. I finally got my password reset. Anyway, these are the lights I got from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G620ZVU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are Nilight 1260lm, 18 watt units.

Nilight%C2%AE-2-X-18w-1260lm-Cree-Spot-Led-Work-Light-Bar-jeep.jpg

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Those oughta light up the world.......On top of the cab, on the brush guard, pointed to the rear?????????????

cchaffee

I rebuilt a 2005 to use for plowing. I found i really enjoy trail riding with the buggy so when it came time for more lighting i went with a 6 led single row light and they tucked in under the cab roof rather nicely.

I'm not the only one who takes it out in the woods:wink:

Attachments

• 20160901_173409.jpg
    20160901_173409.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 277

jachoghead

Got the light bars installed on the front and back of the rtv. Will light up the night. Mounted the rear light to headache rack so I could aim the light with the dump bed. Works great.

what size light bar did you install on the top of your 1100 and did you use only the factory wiring or did you add and relays or something i want to add a light bar to mine some i am searching for ideas

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Installed a 36 inch light bar that fit the factory cab mounts. The factory wiring would be fine for a 36 inch led. the factory halogens draw a lot more power than the led

Mark.Sibole

Sorry guys, I have been out of touch for a long time. I finally got my password reset. Anyway, these are the lights I got from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G620ZVU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are Nilight 1260lm, 18 watt units.

Nilight%C2%AE-2-X-18w-1260lm-Cree-Spot-Led-Work-Light-Bar-jeep.jpg

I just bought a set of there but not for driving lights.I added them in the strobe system and placed yellow turn signal repair tape over the lens to turn them yellow and use them for my rear strobes.One day when i feel up to it ill do a video on the flasher strobes I have just to keep from being hit by the assholes on the roads today.To Many close calls without them but now you can see me a mile away....

DEK

71sschevelle

Very nice job with the lights. Wiring is properly secured and protected as well as looking very tidy.

Where did you get the rack with expanded metal on your dump bed? Did you make it yourself? Details?

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
I like a little bigger one on front. It is 40", wired with harness that came with it.

Attachments

• DSCF0238 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0238 (Large).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF0246 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0246 (Large).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 168

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
71sschevelle

Very nice job with the lights. Wiring is properly secured and protected as well as looking very tidy.

Where did you get the rack with expanded metal on your dump bed? Did you make it yourself? Details?

Thanks, Peanut made it for me. I gave him a general idea of what I wanted and he built it better than I hoped. Have had him build several projects over the years and he always exceeds my expectations.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What light Mounts did you use for the 2 front led light bars and where did you get them? Also, where did you get the rear led light mount? Thanks!

The mounts came with the lights. I got them from superbrightled . I think they were titan brand. They had the adjustable mounts that I wanted.
Front roof bar - attached to factory mounting points.
Grill bar - added some flat bar that was drilled and mounted to grill guard bracket
Rear bar - drilled and tapped headache rack

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What light Mounts did you use for the 2 front led light bars and where did you get them? Also, where did you get the rear led light mount? Thanks!

Sorry, I meant to include pic of flat bar added to grill guard bracket. Used same size flat bar on both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 121