How Many X Models

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Bud........Keepin my 05 workhorse for sure.....YOU use a Segway a lot down in the pasture?......God bless.......Dennis

I also, Keepin' my older RTV !!!!

Attachments

• Lethal Diesel Tag.jpg
    Lethal Diesel Tag.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 167

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Cornerstone! Glad to have you here . On you seeing coolant at times, it is a good idea to check hose clamps for tightness all around from time to time. I don't use a screwdriver to tighten, but one of the handheld nut drivers - my grip is better with them.. Have a good evening . bordercollie

Thanks All! I see a few have had the intermittent leaking coolant issue. I will stop by tomorrow and do some more thread reading.

Cornerstone, is your coolant leak about midship?
If it is you can get to the clamps to tighten without dropping the skid plate but it is tight quarters. My 1100 as well as a couple others had leaks there also and it was from the return clamp being both loose and installed too far forward.
To move the clamp back required dropping the skid plate.

Gary

pop58

My 1120 leaked in the same spot. They tightened the clamps so tight it cut the hose.
I took it back to the dealer and requested them to change the clamps and hoses.
They did and also did a pressure check to verify no leaks.

It was a bit funny though because when I was there the owners dad came in complaining about the same coolant leak on his new 1100 he just got, at the time, a week ago. So I had a little pull on my side.LOL

I think there is a coolant issue Kubota needs to take care of before they sell the machines. Simple fix, dealer needs to do a coolant pressure check before customer picks up the machine.

Interesting! I will make sure they are aware of that bit of information.

It's leaked since but not to the degree that it leaked on Saturday. So replacing the hoses and the clamps is what I want done.

Cornerstone, is your coolant leak about midship?
If it is you can get to the clamps to tighten without dropping the skid plate but it is tight quarters. My 1100 as well as a couple others had leaks there also and it was from the return clamp being both loose and installed too far forward.
To move the clamp back required dropping the skid plate.

Gary

Hah! I cut and pasted that bit of info! Thank you very much!

Welcome aboard Bud........Keepin my 05 workhorse for sure.....YOU use a Segway a lot down in the pasture?......God bless.......Dennis

The Segway is used all over the farm. I have the new all terrain type now but I use to have just the regular one, it sort of died after about 9 years. I love it for fence work. Mounted a bucket on it and I load it with staples and a hammer and travel the fence line. More convenient then getting in and out of a 4 wheeler. Very handy.

But mind you I did dislocate an elbow falling off the darn thing last summer.
Shouldn't drink and drive. LOL

rapracing

Well I got the machine back yesterday.

The dealer said they "did not" do anything in the front. I thought he had told me on the phone they put shims in to keep it from moving front to rear but I guess not. He said the rep did not want to do anything that is the way the want it. I took it for a ride last evening on a bit of a rough road. Traveling 5-8MPH and it thumps just like it did before. I am 99% sure that is in the front end.

They did however put shims in the rear where the pins go through the hub. He said that took all the movement out of the rear wheel (will jack it up a little later today and check that). He said it was "nylon" bushings in the hub. Earlier in this thread Pop mentioned they are rubber. I asked again specifically if they were rubber or nylon and he said nylon. I don't know if they changed them to nylon or what happened there.

I guess I am still not sure what I should do. The old machine shows some signs of wear and tear but less that 400 hours. I guess I could but a little money in it and have a good machine for a whole lot less money.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
........... the old machine shows some signs of wear and tear but less that 400 hours. I guess I could but a little money in it and have a good machine for a whole lot less money.

Hey, you are correct. AND, you know what you got.

............. jamie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is only my opinion, but I would have my old model back and the money back in the bank or else the debt wiped off from taking the new one back... Do you see wear on the tires already with the slack movement?
I guess it depends on what is wrong with the "old" one. But 400 hrs is a baby unless you have a lemon..my opinion.. I myself am not buying this.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
This is only my opinion, but I would have my old model back and the money back in the bank or else the debt wiped off from taking the new one back... Do you see wear on the tires already with the slack movement?
I guess it depends on what is wrong with the "old" one. But 400 hrs is a baby unless you have a lemon..my opinion.. I myself am not buying this.

This is EXACTLY how I feel on the situation !!!! I agree 100% with
bordercollie !!!

100%

I agree Bordercollie!

My situation is a little bit different though. I put 25% down on my X-1100 and have spent a small fortune on accessories. My hands are tied, if I wanted to give mine back, there goes my credit, $5k down payment and accessories!

My remedy is to fix the darn thing myself.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 126

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I see Prime time. I had gotten confused over your situation and another where the dealer was offering to take other member's machine back. I know what you mean about your hands being tied. Giving it back would create a lot of problems unless it was agreed on by the dealer like the other situation.. collie

Tailrotor

Hey prime I agree. I don't like it either but I am going to buy one soon also. And the first thing I will do is fix the bushing in the rear and shim the front I think I will even drill and tap the aluminum hub and put a Zert fitting for grease. The way it should be in the first place.

They always say if you want it done right do it yourself even if your paying for it. lol!!!

pop58

"I asked again specifically if they were rubber or nylon and he said nylon."

If there nylon then they are nylon that feels, acts and looks like rubber.

Prime,

When you have you machine up in the air with all the weight off the wheels but not supported by the lower control arm, lift up and done as to move the shock.

When I did this you could see the upper part of the shock move and clunk. The top bolt was a bit sloppy and it would clunk a little. I don't here this when I am driving though. Not yet anyway.

Hey prime I agree. I don't like it either but I am going to buy one soon also. And the first thing I will do is fix the bushing in the rear and shim the front I think I will even drill and tap the aluminum hub and put a Zert fitting for grease. The way it should be in the first place.

They always say if you want it done right do it yourself even if your paying for it. lol!!!

You're right about that Tom!...lol

"I asked again specifically if they were rubber or nylon and he said nylon."

If there nylon then they are nylon that feels, acts and looks like rubber.

Prime,

When you have you machine up in the air with all the weight off the wheels but not supported by the lower control arm, lift up and done as to move the shock.

When I did this you could see the upper part of the shock move and clunk. The top bolt was a bit sloppy and it would clunk a little. I don't here this when I am driving though. Not yet anyway.

Pop, I will check mine later today then give you a shout!

Last edited:
Pop, I checked my shock mounts and everything is snug there.

While we're discussing shock mounts, has anyone looked at making a "homemade" 1 1/2 - 2'' lift?
I would like to add a set of 28" 8 ply ITP Blackwater Evolution tires at a later date.....

Thanks!

Gary

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
While we're discussing shock mounts, has anyone looked at making a "homemade" 1 1/2 - 2'' lift?
I would like to add a set of 28" 8 ply ITP Blackwater Evolution tires at a later date.....
Dang. That's a lot of tire.

I didn't make a lift kit but I did buy and install one. Unless you have the need for it (e.g. larger tires), I don't know if I'd recommend it to owners in hilly terrain. It does raise your COG and it makes it feel a bit more tippy.