How Many X Models

Tailrotor

Pop I hope your right!!

And let me say this if this is some new design and they did all the research and it's better then sliced bread.

I will be the first to say Kubota I am sorry for doubting you. And shame on me.

This time next year will we have a better idea. At least I am glad to see it's not going to fall off the unit. My dealer told me today that he has some out there with 800 hrs on already working pipe line and the wheels on them are still good.

So I will keep my fingers crossed as soon as they go zero % financing for 60 mo I am ready to buy.

pop58

I love my new machine to rapracing. I will keep it with confidence.

I am curious what they will say though.

pop58

Pop I hope your right!!

And let me say this if this is some new design and they did all the research and it's better then sliced bread.

I will be the first to say Kubota I am sorry for doubting you. And shame on me.

This time next year will we have a better idea. At least I am glad to see it's not going to fall off the unit. My dealer told me today that he has some out there with 800 hrs on already working pipe line and the wheels on them are still good.

So I will keep my fingers crossed as soon as they go zero % financing for 60 mo I am ready to buy.

What do you mean when they go 0%. They all ready are, that's how I got mine unless it's changed recently.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
OK, I will sit back and see... but I won't be interested in supporting a purchase till I see how they fare in the long haul.. collie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
OK, I will sit back and see... but I won't be interested in supporting a purchase till I see how they fare in the long haul.. collie

My fellings are identical to bordercollies.
I pray all works well. But I have my opinion.

Let me share something with you. About three years ago. I special orderd a
crossbow for the season from the manufacture. One like I wanted had to be ordered from them directly. This crossbow is so strong, it takes a crank to pull it back and set. I bitched about the price of the crank $229 before shipping cost.
The manufacture rep told me that the crank was "built to last forever", " crank was solid as a rock" ... Guess damn what ... I did not get to use the crossbow this year because of the crank. IT'S DAMN IS BROKEN. It was all metal. BUT THE BUSHINGS IN THE DAMN THING LOOKS JUST LIKE THE ONES IN THIS PICTURE, BUT SMALLER ......
*** PLASTIC. They crumbled all to hell while I was going to "test fire" the day before opening season. I have no trust in these " plastic bushing".
I could not in my life, with that crossbow crank, put as much pressure or work on this part as much as the RTV.
And the end of the story is:
The FREAKING Bow company when out of business. Bought out by another.
So I am stuck with a very, very , expensive crossbow with a crank that does not work.
I HATE THE PLASTIC BUSHING IDEA !!! Why not use brass ?

Pop58, thank you for your work and effort. I Respect you and everything you stated. Thanks for the pictures and your post. God knows, I and everyone
else appreciated you doing this.

........... jamie

Attachments

• Kubota Collor.jpg
    Kubota Collor.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 144

Tailrotor

Hey two guns I hate them too!! But if I buy one this will be the first thing on my list to go and install a set of these.

My FIL is a master machinist and we can whip a set of these up in a hurry.

Made from bronze oil lite bushings. Which is what I feel kubota should of stuck in the first place.

Time will tell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 146

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Let's just hope KUBOTA don't put them plastic bushings in their
X-Model Heli-Excavators .....

Attachments

• Kubota Heli.jpg
    Kubota Heli.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 136
Thanks Pop! At least we know what is in there now. I didn't hear anything today but mine is at the dealer and was to be torn apart today by them and the rep. It is to be returned to me tomorrow or Friday so it will be interesting if they come up with the same explanation. It didn't seem that PT got much of an explanation from his dealer. Maybe when he picked it up they gave him a better idea of their explanation as well.

I really like this new machine and hate to return it. They will take it back if that is what I want. The brought my old one to me to use while mine was there and I like it but I really like the new one.

While my X-1100 is at the dealership i'm having my 50 Hour done and should get it back later today.

I'm starting to see the light after Pop tore his X-1100 down for inspection. I somewhat understand Kubota using rubber bushings on the rear and it being an easy replacement somewhere down the road.

With that said, what about the front A-Arms? Did I miss something?

Metal on metal slamming back and forth every time you start and stop?
I want the rep to explain that one to me this afternoon.

Like I've stated several times, I really like my X-1100, still believe it's the best thing out there for my family and I.

Thanks guys!

....Gary

Tailrotor

Let's just hope KUBOTA don't put them plastic bushings in their
X-Model Heli-Excavators .....

I like it!!! But see a major problem. Just don't lift your boom up to hi or your cut your main rotor off.

Just think you won't even need a dump truck with that baby. Just fly the dirt were you need it. :wink::wink:

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Great job Pops, that exactly what I was talking about. Take a look and see what is in there.

Funny they would use rubber when everyone else uses a hard plastic material.

Bronze bushings would be an easy fix as I don't see the rubber lasting and having that much play seems very strange.

I think Kubota missed the boat on this one.

Time will tell.

Mystery solved.

I'm betting an upgrade will eventually come out to change these to a harder material to remove the play.

blk65brd

Thanks for digging into the rear end, but I do agree with PrimeTime, the front end A arms top and bottom have a lot of side to side bushing slop, it there some solution or reason for that being the way it is as well?

pop58

Im with you on the plastic bushing thing Two Guns, I don't like them and I always replace them with brass. I don't wait for them to fail.

This one throw me off though. I didn't expect to find rubber bushings. I am very curious to see how they perform. I honestly think they will be better then brass. But as you know it will take some time to find out.

As tail shows, brass ones could be made very easy for replacement. Ive done this many times on different things.

As Prime mentioned, the front end front to back movement is to much and I agree.
Mine is the X1120 Prime but the under parts are the same.

Although I agree with not having to work on something you just spent many thousands of dollars on, this can be easily fixed with the right amount/size shims.
And I will do a better job then the dealer so I might do this myself.

And thanks for all the thanks. This is what makes this place a great place. Good people like you all that respect each others opinion. Im glad I stumbled across it.

BaiJiu

We are glad you stumbled across it as well, you are an incredible asset to this forum, thank you.

Kanook

Nice investigative detective work POP....Speaking of loose wheels...

Attachments

• loose wheel.JPG
    loose wheel.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 135

BaiJiu

Good picture Kanook, saw lots of those when I was out West, you should see them when the tires go on fire due to load friction and speed. This is a relatively small truck likely a 170 Ton, we had trucks up to 420 ton and tires were the critical point, we had to keep them under 15 kms or they would ignite.

rapracing

I talked with my dealer today. The put shims/spacers in the front end to keep the control arm from moving. He said they also put some sort of shim at the rear hub. Didn't completely understand exactly what they did there. They are to return it on Monday now and I will ask some more questions then.