Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Actually, what's rototilled up there is the first pass at a driveway. The garden is off to the side.

I skimmed off all the topsoil then took all the clay fill and used it to build up the garden area to make it more level. Brought in about 6-8 dumptrucks of manure and mixed it in with the topsoil in the garden.

It's much more mature now but here's an idea of what it looked like in its infancy.

Attachments

• CIMG8513.jpg
    CIMG8513.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 240
  • CIMG8560.jpg
    CIMG8560.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 239
  • CIMG8890.jpg
    CIMG8890.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 238

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is the Godzilla of all moles you have there Bud...........You should train a critter with claws like that to watch the house or something...........God bless..........Dennis

kobe

I saw one made out of a piece of heavy duty highway guardrail a few years back on an old ford P/U that worked darned good!

So far this year no snow in our part of Oregon. that's fine with me, but we really do need the water for next summer.

Kanook

GREEN TRACTOR CO. NEW BLADE

Spotted at the local JD lot.:letitsnow:

Attachments

• JD Woodplow.JPG
    JD Woodplow.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 147

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Ahhhuummm. JD sees that picture and pretty soon you see the same thing at the lot and painted green and they charge you $300.00 bucks for one just like it. Let it snow!!!!!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Damn, it's cold. Temps in the teens for a high, negative 0 at night.

Furnace was acting up yesterday. I had it on EMER heat but the furnace as well as the heat pump were coming on, even when the temp in the house was greater than the thermostat setting.
Knock on wood, a complete power off (at t-stat as well as breakers on the air handler) got everything reset and it's working.
Both woodstoves are burning in the house.

Attachments

• AIR HURTS MY FACE.jpg
    AIR HURTS MY FACE.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 143

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Was cold deep in the south this morning. Had 6 deg on back porch about daylight today with the nw wind blowing 15-20 mph. I know that is nothing to compare to my friends up north but that is really cold for Georgia!:letitsnow:

Kanook

A little cool here too..Was -20f (-28c) over night but it has warmed up to a cosy +5f now. Time to peel off the long johns.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Another wet foggy dreary day here in the northeast ga mountains. Has been that way seems like for 3 weeks now. The sun is supposed to shine tomorrow so maybe will be fit to get outside and work on some projects.
Kanook hope that you keep those kind of temps up there with you. Wow not sure I could take that much cold. :wow:

Mark.Sibole

3 days of router hell! Finally got the new asus router set up.What a pita.FTP site is finally back up running.Im slowly re configuring everything and ill fill in the blanks as needed.
I picked up an asus rt-n66u duo band and have wifi coverage on just about my whole 10 acres now.Spotty in a few places where the woods is thich but working a lot better than the old belkin n300.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang Mark. Lots of info in there. Nice. Too bad it's all for a place with a population of 14.

Can you explain some of these all-time records?
A day where the "record high average speed" of 147.2 MPH had to really suck. A gust of that speed would suck but to have that the whole day had to be miserable. ;)

alltimerecords.gif

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mark, how did you zero in the the asus rt-n66u? Sounds like you got a good one, all except for the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.