Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice deer Tailrotor!

Didn't see anything after lunch yesterday. :(

Took a ride to one of the butcher shops a friend owns. He said he normally gets 120-150 deer in on the first day. When I went in about 3:00, he only had 30.

Tailrotor

Wow!! Bczoom that seems to be the word around my place as well the weather kept the deer bedded and the hunters home I think.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
First day of buck - only season, I saw 11 doe and heard very few shots off in the distance. No snow, rain and gusty winds made for poor hunting conditions as the deer seemed to be bedded down and few hunters out walking around. Today, much as the same as yesterday only with fewer hunters.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
First day of buck - only season, I saw 11 doe and heard very few shots off in the distance.
Sounds like you're in WMU 2A or 2C. Being in 1A, it's open season on buck and doe (with of course the antler/antlerless rules). I'd have settled for a doe on opening day had I even saw one.

Mark.Sibole

Sorry to hear of your hunting woes.I just went through 15 days of them.Hopefully as soon as your weather settles down im sure you will make out.Yesterday Zachary came home from school screaming to me "hey dad i looked in the field where we hunt and seen 12 of them standing there. Where were they all during rifle season" lol Muzzel loader season opens up friday here.Hopefully fill his doe permit and get a pop at the nice 9 point still running around. Stay safe and please be careful out there.Im not sure how it is in PA but a lot of asshats run around up here from the city during fire arms season and they lack a lot of brain cells!

Mark.Sibole

Hope you all have good luck hunting today.Our muzzel loader season starts tomorrow.Another 10 days of cold ass weather sitting in the blind trying to keep warm.Hopefully the weather will co operate and NOT be windy.
Stay safe out there to all of you hunters!!!

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Yes, in WMU (Wildlife Management Unit) 2C. Buck or Doe Season next week -- if you also have a doe tag. Still no luck on a buck although a friend of a friend got one up on the ridge several miles east from my house. Also, buck has to have at least three points on at least one side. Try to scope that out on a deer running full tilt 150 yards from where you are!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yup, very windy here to. Makes it tough. I have no problem finding them deer with my car or truck. :bonk:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Also, buck has to have at least three points on at least one side.
Much easier for the kids as they only need 2.

Try to scope that out on a deer running full tilt 150 yards from where you are!
Never tried it at 150 yards but I found if I give a quick whistle, most deer will stop to see what the noise is and where it's coming from.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Never been a fan of running shots. Patience and one shot has served me well for many years. Besides that, I am lazy and don't want them to run very far. Last 5 or 6 I have shot were retrieved with the skid loader or pickup where they lay. I did shoot one for my BIL after he missed 3 times. One shot but it ran downhill into briars. He had to take his loppers and 4 wheeler up the hill to get it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations!
Looks like we're going without this year. :(
Working pretty much every day (sun up to sun down) and when not working, traveling so I guess I'll put the rifles away.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks BCZOOM, I hope you get a chance to go hunt before your season is out. I usually try to put four in the freezer and we use them up before the next season. Have gotten to where I just hunt for meat and not trophy deer. Wow I wish we had deer around here like tailrotor is hanging on his wall. Those are really nice! Our season is over after the first of the year so I need to get busy to fill freezer. Good hunting!

Tailrotor

:14_6_12:I bagged one a few years back myself man it was a big!! One.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Tailrotor that is great. Going to send the one with the bow and arrow to a friend of mine. He will get a big kick out of that. Wife and I are still laughing bout you being hunted.:biggrin:

Tailrotor

Tailrotor that is great. Going to send the one with the bow and arrow to a friend of mine. He will get a big kick out of that. Wife and I are still laughing bout you being hunted.:biggrin:

Thunder
That's from a taxidermist buddy of mine. When I saw it I about split my pants laughing at it.

I told him the first squirrel I see is getting it and your making me one. Lol!!!

You could even dress it in the clothes from the GI joe toys so he has camo on lol!!! Kinda like your on camo squirrel Qpid. To funny!!!

Tailrotor

Thunder here's a few more that made me laugh. This is proof grown men some times have just to much time on there hands drinking beer. I love it enjoy. This little guy might be from down in your neck of the woods. Love that bluegrass.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.