Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You can repair anything Mark . I know that you will have this tractor fixed up and ready to work when you are done. collie

Mark.Sibole

Thanks Collie.
Im slowly getting it together.Only thing slowing me down is money now.
Hopefully with about 200 more ill have her where i want her.
Still need to figure out how to rebuild a spool valve (lack of hydrolyc knowledge) buy and install a power steering pump seal kit and figure out the resy of the 3PH system.Its all hydrolyc and called a selectomatic so it was a 4 way diverter valve on it to divert hydrolycs to the 3PH or front boom and bucket ot the 2 hose setups got a hay fork and christmas tree remover.

Thanks for having confidence in me

Regards

Mark

Popo1945

I talked with the service dept at Kubota dealer about the fuel pump pressure for the mechanical pump that supplies the injector pump. The reason being I'd like to install a small electric fuel pump at the tank outlet. They said there's no spec for the pressure. We got to talking about fuel & he recommends using only #1 diesel (from a truck stop) not the blended diesel from the local gas station. He says the #1 lasts longer for machines that aren't used a lot (like mine). The blended is more likely to have algae growth, according to him. Any thoughts on this? Who uses #1 compared to blended? And does anyone have any idea on what the pump pressure is coming out of the mechanical pump? I found an electric fuel pump that puts out 4-7 psi & 35 gals. per hour - which I think would be more than adequate as it would just be supplying the mechanical pump.

TRIBUTE100

I've heard someone on this website say they either used to mix No. 1 with diesel or used it exclusively during the winter. I guess you could use kerosene, but that would be a little more expensive.
On the electric fuel pump: do you have to install a return line and do you have to bypass the mechanical fuel pump ?
Even though it doesn't get that cold here in WNC, I may add some No. 1 or kerosene when I need to top off the tank this winter, of course with the Power Service additive.

TRIBUTE100

Fun with the Grandkids

Enjoying the day with our grandchildren and riding in the RTV. Our 10 y/o granddaughter gets to drive with me next to her. Our 3 y/o grandson enjoys the riding in his car seat. The engine noise made him fall asleep when I was driving, but when I let his 10 y/o cousin drive he stayed wide awake. You know, women drivers. Our 1 y/o granddaughter will get to ride around later.

Attachments

• IMG_20141111_112017[1].jpg
    IMG_20141111_112017[1].jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 189

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Spent part of the afternoon pressure washing the 4 wheeler. with my winter clothes on . Originally had the tires off last week and all jacked up but then needed it ,so repeat and repeat. till I get it done. When it warms up, I'll paint the baskets that are already off and it will look and run like new. B-i-l just got a new one so this one went in for warranty service -to get ready to sell.. He's retiring before long and wanted to start out with a new one although this has had no problems but for basic warranty service. I still prefer my RTV hands down ..After all my RTV carries my tools , supplies and does what I need. All machines have their purpose though and the 4 wheeler is good at what it does too... collie

Attachments

• 1112141423a.jpg
    1112141423a.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 1112141423b.jpg
    1112141423b.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 187

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I agree BC, they all have their uses. I have a 1996 Yamaha Big Bear 350, little brother to yours, that I've had since new. It fits in the back of a pickup bed and has taken me on may ice fishing trips and has dragged quite a few deer out of the Michigan woods. It's never failed to start and is a dependable companion.

I'd chose the RTV in a heartbeat as it does all the heavy lifting around the property but the Big Bear has earned it's keep also.

Bob

Mark.Sibole

seen him on camera all fall between 2 and 5 am.He slipped up tonight chasing 4 does.35 yard shot with a crossbow.
1st buck in 8 years for me.
Also looked im seriously getting old and grey fast.
8point2.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Mark! Meat in the freezer is always good. No archery for us this year so we have to wait until 12/1 to break out the rifles. No orange clothing required in MI or did you take it off after sunset?

On an unrelated note other than chatting with you, did you hear about that huge sunspot aiming at Earth? Wondering if you were going to get pics.
http://phys.org/news/2014-11-giant-sunspot-bigger-badder.html

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
On the ATV's, I definitely agree they have their place.

Around my place, it's probably 50/50 on use between the ATV (Honda Rancher) and the RTV.

I use the ATV when I need more maneuverability[FONT=&quot][/FONT] and speed and not a bed payload.

ATV is 2-3 times faster than the RTV.
RTV is 2-3 times faster than the tractor.

As the work load gets bigger, I just pull out the bigger machine knowing it'll get it done but at a much slower pace.

Mark.Sibole

Brian,
Archery season dosnt require orange.
I knew i had to track so i had already stripped down to lighter clothes.
Our rifle season opens up saturday so orange will be on.
Glad i got him before the citiots got up here.Its a rat race opening day of firearms season.
Ive been so busy i forgot to check shipping on bow.
Ill get that done first thing monday.
Past 3 weeks have been living hell and on the go from sunrise to sun set.

Mark

Mark.Sibole

seen him on camera all fall between 2 and 5 am.He slipped up tonight chasing 4 does.35 yard shot with a crossbow.
1st buck in 8 years for me.
Also looked im seriously getting old and grey fast.
8point2.jpg

Evidently he was there 1 hour before i showed up.
But a hot doe brought him back..
WGI_0002.JPG

Mark.Sibole

well day 3 into our deer fire arms season.Im sitting in here today.The cold got the better of me the past 2 days with temps only in the 20s.Jacob and myself have about 18 hours in the woods so far in the last 2 days and im feeling all of it as i can hardly move today.We have seen about 20 does so far.Jacob shot a a nice BIG doe at 80 yards and had a clean miss.Poor kid cant get a break.Still have 13 days left so hopefully he will fill his tag and Zachary will too.I havnt even lifted the gun yet as the boys come before me before i shoot anything. On another note ive been in 3 weeks of hell with things breaking on me.If it can break it has. Brian im still trying to get to town to get a price and get your package ready to go.I almost made it there the other day and wouldnt you know it something broke.
I put the truck in 4wd to get up the hill and my transfer case decided it dosnt wont wo work properly.It either has something broken in it or the chain is so stretched when i try to move it sounds like your ratteling a bag of ball bearings or beating on the drive shaft. So I do apologize for the delay and will be in touch with you as soon as i get in town.
I sware if another thing breks here im gunna scream
Dropped at least 1500 in repairs to misc stuff in the last 3 weeks and now im looking at another grand i dont have for a transfer case and thats if i do the work myself.Trans shop can and will bend you over hard.
Well thats where i sit at the moment.
SAtill need to put the plow on the RTV as snow is pileing up.6 on the ground now and 8 to 12 coming by tomorrow night.
You all have a wonderful day and pray that i get through this mess with no more major breakages.

Regards

Mark

Mark.Sibole

Thats an understatement Brian now you can see why ive been so slow on getting shipping costs.It has been one thing after another here .I cant afford to go on like this lol.

Mark

Mark.Sibole

wee here we goooooooooooooooo
Periods of snow and windy. High near 20F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 8 to 12 inches of snow expected. Heavier amounts in persistent snowbands.
Tonight: Becoming partly cloudy later with any flurries or snow showers ending by midnight. Low near 10F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30%. About one inch of snow expected.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
W. NY is getting hammered with snow.
Talked with some relatives up there earlier today. Some had 8" today, others have almost 60" and it's going to continue to fall.
Accuweather thinks they have a shot of breaking the National Record for most snowfall in 24 hours. Record stands at 76" I think.
I was up there a couple weeks ago. Got the snowblower all set up on my Dad's tractor. (A Kioti CK20 with cab and all the fixings).

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Today's storm has missed us by about 50 miles. We got 2-3 inches but folks east of here are getting dumped on. From Scranton north into Vermont they will get a ft. or more. Glad I don't have to mess with it.

Mark.Sibole

been a long season with my son Jacob. Anything that could go qwrong went wrong for us.
He finally got his deer tonight. I had to teach him what a Texas heart shot was.
Its in the garage hanging now.

Status
Not open for further replies.