New Member Pending

The Airframe is toast

When the wheels were ripped off and the fracturing of the wing provided the stresses that twisted the airframe to the point that it is junk...

Well, at least, the 777 is not like the jets that were relegated to the scrap heap because of their wiring that liked to operate like fusing cord

Bindian

To be perfectly honest, I was more interested in your opinion on whether or not this plane would ever fly again. The 777 is a magnificent and very expensive plane... my personal favorite. I really wondered if an effort would be made to repair it... or whether it was a total loss. Sounds kinda like the latter. :rolleyes:

And, of course, I wanted to make sure you had plenty of job security too! :D

Dougster
Dougster,
It really would look nice in your back yard.:wave: Think of all the beer keg counter weights we could make out of it.:letitsnow: SWA has over 500 Boeing 737s. We have more than American Airlines now.:cool: I am number 178 senority of over 1200 mechanics. :cool: :cool: Something would have to happen to ground all 737s in the U.S. to make it bad enough for SWA to get to my number in lay off.:eek: I just have to stay healthy.
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

When the wheels were ripped off and the fracturing of the wing provided the stresses that twisted the airframe to the point that it is junk...

Well, at least, the 777 is not like the jets that were relegated to the scrap heap because of their wiring that liked to operate like fusing cord
Uh Paul,
A lot of those jets are still flying. AT SWA, we changed out all the wiring harnesses to the center fuel tank boost pumps........WHILE the FAA's mx inspector watched us. First and only time I have seen that. All our wiring harnesses were good, except for two that were chafed through the outer insulation only.
hugs, Branid

Dougster

Old Member
When the wheels were ripped off and the fracturing of the wing provided the stresses that twisted the airframe to the point that it is junk.
Dougster, It really would look nice in your back yard.:wave: Think of all the beer keg counter weights we could make out of it.:letitsnow:
Okay... okay. I think I get the message. :rolleyes:
SWA has over 500 Boeing 737s. We have more than American Airlines now.:cool: I am number 178 senority of over 1200 mechanics. :cool: :cool: Something would have to happen to ground all 737s in the U.S. to make it bad enough for SWA to get to my number in lay off.:eek: I just have to stay healthy.
hugs, Brandi
I guess I can stop worrying. :) Must be nice to have a job so secure. :eek: I wouldn't know. :(

Dougster

GreenMtns

Okay... okay. I think I get the message. :rolleyes:

I guess I can stop worrying. :) Must be nice to have a job so secure. :eek: I wouldn't know. :(

Dougster

Oh come now Dougster

You must have had enough snow with this last one to keep you in STARBUCKS :starbucks: COFFEE for the rest of the winter.
I see your not on line right now. Out plowing again? :yum: :yum:
Maybe you could ask Jay to have a little mercy on the rest of us. :yum::yum:

Brandi

Are you sure you couldn't put that thing back together? When you reach number 180 you are suppose to be able to do anything. But if not, Beer Keg Weights would be a good thing to do in your spare time.

What are your plans on getting it from London to Texas?
:poke: :poke:

Dougster

Old Member
Oh come now Dougster

You must have had enough snow with this last one to keep you in STARBUCKS :starbucks: COFFEE for the rest of the winter.
I see your not on line right now. Out plowing again? :yum: :yum:
Maybe you could ask Jay to have a little mercy on the rest of us. :yum::yum:
Jay has informed me of a couple modest potential snow events expected to pass through here this week... but it is highly questionable if they will even reach my 2" residential trigger point in my location. :rolleyes: Could be a lot of client trouble for not a lot of money. :eek:

The old Dougster ain't entirely broke this week (thanks to last Monday), but he is NOT exactly rolling in the tall green... that's for sure! Thank God for those Starbucks gift cards from Brian & Jay! :thumb: They will enable me to remain highly gourmet caffeinated all week long! :)

Dougster

rback33

The old Dougster ain't entirely broke this week (thanks to last Monday), but he is NOT exactly rolling in the tall green... that's for sure! Thank God for those Starbucks gift cards from Brian & Jay! :thumb: They will enable me to remain highly gourmet caffeinated all week long! :)

Dougster

I must say this frightens me some. I suspect that the OLD Dougster will soon me typing messages that look something like this. "See I have had so much caffeine that I cannot see see straight and have no more use for punctuation I no longer know what I am typing I have been at the computer for hours because I cannot sleep I have been driving around looking for snow I even almost went to Oswego New York but was not sure where the Starbucks was up there:letitsnow::starbucks:"

jbrumberg

There was an old saying back in the 60's that if I can remember correctly :confused: (which is hard as I do not remember much from that era :rolleyes: ) and which I modified to reflect current life changes which would go something like this: "Caffeine :starbucks: will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no caffeine :eek: ."

I really do not want to become a pest at NTT with my weather ramblings, but it appears Dougster likes to be weather pestered :poke: :yum: . For the sake of transparency ths is my weather update I sent to the old Dougster this morning:

Good Morning Dougster :tiphat: . My medical situation gets me up pretty early :pat: . I am the only one on NTT right now, and I have had a lot of high test Costa Rican :starbucks:, so my energies are tending towards weather. I hope your ice field of a lower driveway/road is managible :wink: There are two clipper systems coming through this week: Tuesday or Tuesday night and another Wednesday through Thursday. I do not see a lot of snow with either system right now. The "models" are inconsistent regarding the timing of the Tuesday event. Arrival times range from around 18Z arrival time to 00Z arrival time. If the system comes in earlier you will probably get rain; if it comes in later it might be snow. The estimated moisture would drop ~1" - 3" in your area. A "good" Clipper usually drops ~ 3"'s of snow in my area, but they are sometimes a little "light" on the moisture. I do not see a lot of moisture in the Wednesday - Thursday clipper right now. Something may be brewing for this coming Sunday. I will keep my eye on things. Jay

Bindian

Brandi

Are you sure you couldn't put that thing back together? When you reach number 180 you are suppose to be able to do anything. But if not, Beer Keg Weights would be a good thing to do in your spare time.

What are your plans on getting it from London to Texas?

Al,
Okay, I could rebuild it:smartass:. It is just not economically viable to rebuild it.:pat: I would rebuild it in Dougster's back yard.:rolleyes: We would strap it onto the back of the 747 that ferries the space shuttle.:cool: I am sure Dougster has a tarp:hide: big enough to cover it so nobody would see it from the street. :no::shitHitsFan: Dougster could sale tickets to see it and buy :starbucks: with the proceeds.:yum: :yum: :yum:What is number 180?:confused:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
I must say this frightens me some. I suspect that the OLD Dougster will soon me typing messages that look something like this. "See I have had so much caffeine that I cannot see see straight and have no more use for punctuation I no longer know what I am typing I have been at the computer for hours because I cannot sleep I have been driving around looking for snow I even almost went to Oswego New York but was not sure where the Starbucks was up there:letitsnow::starbucks:"
Never fear there Kansas Loader Kid! The old Dougster has lots of self-control for an old man and is not likely to overdose because he is trying hard to pause, focus and savour every last drop. This may just be a cup of coffee to you... but it is a rare treat for a poor old man so down on his luck that he continues to work against all odds for $1.57 per hour even though that's not even enough to keep his house warm this cold, cold winter. :(
Fortunately, the Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee helps tremendously in that regard. :cool:

Dougster

p.s., and what the heck do you know about Oswego, NY??? ;) -d

Dougster

Old Member
There was an old saying back in the 60's that if I can remember correctly :confused: (which is hard as I do not remember much from that era :rolleyes: ) and which I modified to reflect current life changes which would go something like this: "Caffeine :starbucks: will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no caffeine :eek: ."
And you must remember that until Brian and Jay sent their wonderful gifts... I had precious little of either! :eek:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Al, Okay, I could rebuild it:smartass:. It is just not economically viable to rebuild it.:pat: I would rebuild it in Dougster's back yard. We would strap it onto the back of the 747 that ferries the space shuttle. I am sure Dougster has a tarp big enough to cover it so nobody would see it from the street. :no::shitHitsFan: Dougster could sale tickets to see it and buy :starbucks: with the proceeds.:yum: What is number 180?:confused:
hugs, Brandi
I believe Al was making a comment on your very high seniority and the advanced skill set that should be commensurate with having passed position number 180 on your way to the top! :thumb:

I bet they put that jet back together again... with or without the help of the infamous senior aircraft mechanic lady with the sheet metal specialty hailing from the Lone Star state! :) Shall we place a small bet??? :mrgreen:

Hint: The bet may involve some Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee!!! :thumb:

Dougster

rback33

Never fear there Kansas Loader Kid! The old Dougster has lots of self-control for an old man and is not likely to overdose because he is trying hard to pause, focus and savour every last drop. This may just be a cup of coffee to you... but it is a rare treat for a poor old man so down on his luck that he continues to work against all odds for $1.57 per hour even though that's not even enough to keep his house warm this cold, cold winter. :(
Fortunately, the Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee helps tremendously in that regard. :cool:

Dougster

p.s., and what the heck do you know about Oswego, NY??? ;) -d

I saw the news this morning and the 25" :letitsnow: they got. And I hate hot caffeine. Mine has to come in the ice cold form.:cool:

Dougster

Old Member
I saw the news this morning and the 25" :letitsnow: they got. And I hate hot caffeine. Mine has to come in the ice cold form.:cool:
You may have read previously here on NTT that I lived in Scriba, NY (just east of Oswego) through one hideous snowy winter... about 7 months total... back in my younger engineering days not all that long after college. It was not unusual to have a 3-4 foot snowstorm overnight and they "plowed" my driveway with a bulldozer. It wasn't really plowed. They just compressed the snow down so you could drive on it.

But they are used to it up there. I distinctly remember one very bad overnight snowstorm and getting up early to signal the bulldozer, dig out my car and check the roof for a clear chimney. I then dashed off to work at top speed for the conditions... appearing at the gate a mere 32 minutes behind my usual time and only 17 minutes "late" for work... totally thinking that I'd be the first person there because I lived so close and the storm had been so bad.

I was dead stinkin' last to sign in on that day. :( Oh the ribbing I took. :eek:

Dougster

Last edited:

rback33

Oh the ribbing I took. :eek:

Dougster

Ah Ha! Now the truth comes out. No wonder you can take Ed and I so well. It's a lifelong process you have had to deal with...:eek:

I am goin to take this moment to whine however... as mentioned in another thread my daughter and I both just went to the doctor as we both have this sinus crude/cough that will not go away. We have already been through two rounds of drugs. So... today they hit us with shots. I have had this one before and hated it then. I swear it hurts worse the all the other ailments. My wife is lucky though. 1) SHE did not get a shot. 2) My daughter is being tougher about the shot than I am. (funny freudian slip I caught. Back there where I typed "shot" the last time I missed the "o" and it the "I")

Dougster

Old Member
Ah Ha! Now the truth comes out. No wonder you can take Ed and I so well. It's a lifelong process you have had to deal with...:eek:
But rarely is it as bad as you guys give me! :rolleyes: Good thing I've got a thick, old skin! :)

I am goin to take this moment to whine however... as mentioned in another thread my daughter and I both just went to the doctor as we both have this sinus crude/cough that will not go away. We have already been through two rounds of drugs. So... today they hit us with shots. I have had this one before and hated it then. I swear it hurts worse the all the other ailments. My wife is lucky though. 1) SHE did not get a shot. 2) My daughter is being tougher about the shot than I am. (funny Freudian slip I caught. Back there where I typed "shot" the last time I missed the "o" and it the "I")
This is one instance where being a semi-retired stay-at-home bum (except when plowing, digging or getting my Starbucks :starbucks: coffee, of course) and not having any kids at home anymore... I stay pretty much air-transmittable germ-free! :D No colds, flu, pneumonia or any other such hideousness. :) Very cool! :cool:

The bad news is that I have become a total danger to myself in terms of stupid, careless accidents. :rolleyes: That's gotta stop fast 'cause my COBRA insurance runs out next month! :eek:

Dougster

rback33

That's gotta stop fast 'cause my COBRA insurance runs out next month! :eek:

Dougster

Just think how much more money you will have every month when you are not paying your insurance premiums then! Unless you were lucky enough that they paid for your insurance after they gave you your walking papers....:wave:

Dougster

Old Member
Just think how much more money you will have every month when you are not paying your insurance premiums then! Unless you were lucky enough that they paid for your insurance after they gave you your walking papers....:wave:
Oh no... no such luck. But those monster COBRA payments are tax-deductible on Schedule A. Thank God for that!!! :rolleyes:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
By now it should be as thick as a Rino's skin:yum: :yum:
Definitely thick enough to survive here! :thumb: No so sure about that other site. :rolleyes:
The other thing that helps is a cold house. No Heat no cold or flu viruses can survive. See Doug there is a benifit to having no money for heat. :yum: :yum:
Now that was just plain mean-spirited old Edster. You must have had a bad weekend. Were you betting on San Diego or the Packers??? ;)

Remind me to get you back later in the week just in case I forget! :respect:

Dougster