New Member Pending

HeyBob

I figured it out...........looks like he is banned. I never liked that place, kinda cold over there anyway. :wave:

jbrumberg

HeyBob:

I am still a member in good standing over there (I tend not to antagonize moderators.), but I am sure they now read every PM I put out. It really has changed over there in the past few months. It is not as friendly as it used to be friendly, and a lot less informative and intertaining. I still check in with regularity, but I do not post there like I used to post. A lot of the members I tended to interact with there are here now; some of the posters here got banned there. I am still waiting for TC29dude to wander over to NTT. Jay

Dougster

Old Member
HeyBob: I am still a member in good standing over there (I tend not to antagonize moderators.), but I am sure they now read every PM I put out. It really has changed over there in the past few months. It is not as friendly as it used to be friendly, and a lot less informative and intertaining. I still check in with regularity, but I do not post there like I used to post. A lot of the members I tended to interact with there are here now; some of the posters here got banned there. I am still waiting for TC29dude to wander over to NTT. Jay
You guys are making NTT sound like Australia in the late 18th century!!! :yum: Geesh!!! :wink:

Dougster

HeyBob

HeyBob:

I am still a member in good standing over there (I tend not to antagonize moderators.), but I am sure they now read every PM I put out. It really has changed over there in the past few months. It is not as friendly as it used to be friendly, and a lot less informative and intertaining. I still check in with regularity, but I do not post there like I used to post. A lot of the members I tended to interact with there are here now; some of the posters here got banned there. I am still waiting for TC29dude to wander over to NTT. Jay

Over moderation can wreak havoc on a forum. I am a MOD at another site, we instituted an infraction system so we would all stay on the same page and it completely backfired. Another guy started his own site and took 263 members at this point. A lot are starting to trickle back...........the infraction system has been trashed except for banning spammers. LOL:rolleyes:

jbrumberg

Aye Mate :wink: . Jay :letitsnow:

PS: By the way I have been smoking some ribs outside this afternoon (low and slow). It is certainly starting to feel like snow. Winds are starting to shift from the NW to NNW to N, humidity is rising, temperatures are falling, and clouds are starting to stratify. This storm is on its way

Dougster

Old Member
Aye Mate :wink: . Jay :letitsnow:
I believe that would be: "G'Day Mate"! :D
PS: By the way I have been smoking some ribs outside this afternoon (low and slow). It is certainly starting to feel like snow. Winds are starting to shift from the NW to NNW to N, humidity is rising, temperatures are falling, and clouds are starting to stratify. This storm is on its way
I am ready Jay. :bb: Bring it on!!! :boxing:

Dougster :starbucks:

HeyBob

Something is messed up here............when you click on the email notification link it's supposed to take you to the first unread post, it takes you to the first post in the thread...........can you guys fix that??

Over moderation can wreak havoc on a forum. I am a MOD at another site, we instituted an infraction system so we would all stay on the same page and it completely backfired. Another guy started his own site and took 263 members at this point. A lot are starting to trickle back...........the infraction system has been trashed except for banning spammers. LOL:rolleyes:
Maybe this site???:rolleyes:
http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/

GreenMtns

Next time you go to Detroit...
stop off here...on the return trip
EMB. MFG. Inc.
4144 Boomer Line RR #1,
St. Clements, Ontario
Canada, N0B 2M0
Phone: (519) 699-9283
Fax: (519) 699-4146

http://www.embmfg.com/index.html

and bring back a Wallenstein BX-42 Chipper...Green would be nice...:rolleyes:

Is it OK to modify it to fit into the vehicle? :yum::yum::yum:

Dougster

Old Member
Yeah, well, there are a lot of things I could do if I were an aircraft mechanic with a sheet metal specialty!!!
Brandi - Looks like they may need you over there in the UK. :eek:

Thank God no one was killed in this 777 incident (I have personally flown in and out of Heathrow on British Airlines 777's... possibly this plane! :eek:)... but it looks like it's gonna take some serious "OT" on someone's part to get this plane back up into the sky. :(

Dougster

Attachments

• BRITAIN_PLANE_sff_LON131_20080117104024.jpg
    BRITAIN_PLANE_sff_LON131_20080117104024.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 141
  • BRITAIN_PLANE_sff_LTH105_20080117113600.jpg
    BRITAIN_PLANE_sff_LTH105_20080117113600.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 141

Bindian

Brandi - Looks like they may need you over there in the UK. :eek:

Thank God no one was killed in this 777 incident (I have personally flown in and out of Heathrow on British Airlines 777's... possibly this plane! :eek:)... but it looks like it's gonna take some serious "OT" on someone's part to get this plane back up into the sky. :(

Dougster
Dougster,
I haven't heard of this. I missed the news. I would say that is now a parts plane. What happened, both engines flame out?
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
I haven't heard of this. I missed the news. I would say that is now a parts plane. What happened, both engines flame out?
hugs, Brandi
Somehow the engines just quit as it was landing. :rolleyes:

So you are saying that you can't save this one??? :confused:

Maybe you just need more of them thar HF tools!!! :yum:

Dougster

Bindian

Somehow the engines just quit as it was landing. :rolleyes:

So you are saying that you can't save this one??? :confused:

Maybe you just need more of them thar HF tools!!! :yum:

Dougster
Dougster,
Here is the link........ http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004133993_plane19.html
The article says fuel leaked at the crash site, but that could have just been unusable residual fuel. So fuel starvation is still a possiblilty. With these all electric fly by wire jets................anything is possible. Bird indegestion could very well been the cause. It would not be the first time. The article also agrees with my iniiial opinion that the plane will not fly again.
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, Here is the link........ http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004133993_plane19.html
The article says fuel leaked at the crash site, but that could have just been unusable residual fuel. So fuel starvation is still a possiblilty. With these all electric fly by wire jets................anything is possible. Bird indegestion could very well been the cause. It would not be the first time. The article also agrees with my iniiial opinion that the plane will not fly again.
hugs, Brandi
Been checking the British press (on-line) since this happened. Lots of interesting info, pix and videos. Like all (or most?) of BA's big jets, it used Rolls Royce engines... so GE is in the clear. What a miracle that this wasn't far worse.

I still think you could put this plane back in the sky. :) You must not need the *OT* right now! :D

Dougster

Bindian

Been checking the British press (on-line) since this happened. Lots of interesting info, pix and videos. Like all (or most?) of BA's big jets, it used Rolls Royce engines... so GE is in the clear. What a miracle that this wasn't far worse.

I still think you could put this plane back in the sky. :) You must not need the *OT* right now! :D

Dougster

Dougster,
If you are so "hot" on me rebuilding it, I will drag it into your back yard with my Big Red Beast and you can assist me while you are drinking :starbucks:.
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, If you are so "hot" on me rebuilding it, I will drag it into your back yard with my Big Red Beast and you can assist me while you are drinking :starbucks:.
hugs, Brandi
To be perfectly honest, I was more interested in your opinion on whether or not this plane would ever fly again. The 777 is a magnificent and very expensive plane... my personal favorite. I really wondered if an effort would be made to repair it... or whether it was a total loss. Sounds kinda like the latter. :rolleyes:

And, of course, I wanted to make sure you had plenty of job security too! :D

Dougster