New Member Pending

Dougster

Old Member
Along with the meds this pending system may intensify :thumb: based on new model data- this also makes me very excitable (I get my thrills a lot more cheaply than I used :rolleyes: .). I will be back, hopefully with a :snow: alert. Jay:letitsnow:
We ALL get our thrills more cheaply than we used to Jay. :rolleyes: That comes with old age. :)

Local TV weather forecasters are getting really excited as well Jay. Latest numbers I'm seeing from them are around 10" for my area... i.e., a double push! :thumb: And that's for the first storm only!!! :D

Dougster :starbucks:

Great job Jay.

Nice drive. No snow. Dry roads. You are the man.:tiphat:

It's a dry world Dougster. No snow all the way across Ontario. Now if you really need a Starbucks :starbucks: perhaps you might tell you clients they need an early lawn mowing and while your at it IF it should, by some strange event, snow :snow:, you will be glad to throw the plowing in for free. :yum::yum:

Ed, My buddy from Maine says ALL loggers carry their beer like that. He was surprised I did not do it to. AND then he gave me the plans for the "Beer Cooler Keg"
Kit. :poke::poke::beer-fresh:

Brandi, The suggested color for the BCK according to the plans, is Silver, however, Red is permitted if the temps will be over 90 degrees. :tiphat:

Next time you go to Detroit...
stop off here...on the return trip
EMB. MFG. Inc.
4144 Boomer Line RR #1,
St. Clements, Ontario
Canada, N0B 2M0
Phone: (519) 699-9283
Fax: (519) 699-4146

http://www.embmfg.com/index.html

and bring back a Wallenstein BX-42 Chipper...Green would be nice...:rolleyes:

jbrumberg

More weather elements are starting to come together for increased development :thumb: . I do not think the rain snow line will get close to the Dougster based on my most current data. I am now going from coastal storm to nor'easter :snow: (they are technically the same) by my definition now. There is potential for 10" - 15" of snow. I am trying to figure that area out :waiting: . It appears this event will start late Sunday evening and run through Monday with some snow on Tuesday. There may also be another snow event Friday into Saturday but the different weather models are in conflict right now. After these systems move through temperatures will return to normal. Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
More weather elements are starting to come together for increased development :thumb: . I do not think the rain snow line will get close to the Dougster based on my most current data. I am now going from coastal storm to nor'easter :snow: (they are technically the same) by my definition now. There is potential for 10" - 15" of snow. I am trying to figure that area out :waiting: . It appears this event will start late Sunday evening and run through Monday with some snow on Tuesday. There may also be another snow event Friday into Saturday but the different weather models are in conflict right now. After these systems move through temperatures will return to normal. Jay :letitsnow:
OhMyGawd... :eek: Could I possibly be doing 4 pushes next week???

I better push that early snow WAY back!!! :thumb:

Dougster

jbrumberg

Dougster:

Right now it looks like you will get the 10" - 15" Sunday night through Monday :snow: . My area may see 6" - 12". It is all track dependent and the different models are at variance with predicted storm track. As of last evening the data seemed to suggest that this pending storm was going to track farther south and east which would favor your area for snowfall :starbucks: . The Thursday - Friday event may have some sleet/freezing rain/rain if it develops. I will keep an eye on these systems. :letitsnow: Jay

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster: Right now it looks like you will get the 10" - 15" Sunday night through Monday :snow: . My area may see 6" - 12". It is all track dependent and the different models are at variance with predicted storm track. As of last evening the data seemed to suggest that this pending storm was going to track farther south and east which would favor your area for snowfall :starbucks: . The Thursday - Friday event may have some sleet/freezing rain/rain if it develops. I will keep an eye on these systems. :letitsnow: Jay
Thanks Jay! :wave: Sounds great for Monday... although I'm a little concerned about the snow-rain line coming too far North here in SE MA and spoiling my fun and income. Some of the TV stations are showing graphics with that line coming awfully dang close to home. Any comment on that?

Also, should this be a heavy, wet snow... or lots of fluff? :confused:

Dougster

jbrumberg

Dougster:

Those graphics drive me crazy and yes I will look at them :pat: . Right now the storm track favors all snow for you :snow: , but I have been watching the data since after the Pats game and early this morning. The "steering winds" are moving northerly and westerly since last night somewhat which could bring in some heavy wet mix. The different weather models are at variance (again). Right now it also looks like light fluffy stuff with lots of drifting because of the wind down near you. The Thursday - Friday event looks messier than this pending system. I will keep you posted Jay :letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster:

Those graphics drive me crazy and yes I will look at them :pat: . Right now the storm track favors all snow for you :snow: , but I have been watching the data since after the Pats game and early this morning. The "steering winds" are moving northerly and westerly since last night somewhat which could bring in some heavy wet mix. The different weather models are at variance (again). Right now it also looks like light fluffy stuff with lots of drifting because of the wind down near you. The Thursday - Friday event looks messier than this pending system. I will keep you posted Jay :letitsnow:
Thanks Jay! :thumb: I thought that rain-snow line had shifted up since yesterday. It will be fine for me as long as it stays where the Beantown TV stations are currently showing it... but if it shifts up any further, it's got to cut into that all-important NWS observed snow depth which I bill by. :eek:

Dougster :starbucks:

jbrumberg

Dougster:

I do have my favorite TV weather stations. When I had a 30' mast guyed to my roof and this monster TV antenna (or system) with mounted rotor I could pull in Boston stations. I always liked WBZ Channel 4's weather forecasts at that time. Jay

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster: I do have my favorite TV weather stations. When I had a 30' mast guyed to my roof and this monster TV antenna (or system) with mounted rotor I could pull in Boston stations. I always liked WBZ Channel 4's weather forecasts at that time. Jay
I must admit that I watch them all to get as many opinions as possible... but I like the morning weather babe on Channel 5 (WCVB) best! :)

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/station/1013830/detail.html#

Dougster

jbrumberg

Nothing could be better than to lie in bed with a beautiful weather babe and talk about weather systems all night long :yum: . There are a few "hotties" out there :rolleyes: Jay:letitsnow:

Dougster

Old Member
Nothing could be better than to lie in bed with a beautiful weather babe and talk about weather systems all night long :yum: . There are a few "hotties" out there :rolleyes: Jay:letitsnow:
Well, now we all understand what really motivated you to get into meteorology back in college!!! :yum: :thumb:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster: Psychology Majors were more "liberal" :wink:; more so than the Meteorolgy Majors :pat: . Jay :letitsnow:
I think we are beginning to understand the various factors that contributed to your life choices including education and career. :)

In my case, the factors are far more simple: Money and Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee!!! :thumb:

Dougster

p.s., What do you see as the overnight snowfall rates here in SE MA? High or low? Care to guess a time when I will reach 3-5 inches on the ground for initiation of push #1? -d

jbrumberg

I think we are beginning to understand the various factors that contributed to your life choices including education and career. :)

In my case, the factors are far more simple: Money and Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee!!! :thumb:

Dougster

p.s., What do you see as the overnight snowfall rates here in SE MA? High or low? Care to guess a time when I will reach 3-5 inches on the ground for initiation of push #1? -d

Dougster et. al.

I just lost a long winded tome again :pat: , but I will try to paraphrase everything "brilliant" that I expressed:

I did spend a lot of my formative years thinking with the wrong head (AKA "Single Brain Cell"), but I have since made amends :sorry: .

Almost dying taught me a lot about almost living. Now I just try to be happy and stay healthy. I am still trying with various degrees of success of taking care of myself and relax.

I am focusing on the Dougster region. Weatherwise this storm will intensify over the ocean. If this storm begins this evening it may start as a rain/snow mix changing over to all snow. It amazes me how "weaselly" the different weather services become when one tries to pin them down on a forecast. I am squirrelly, but I am not weaselly do here's what I think:

This storm will begin after midnight. I believe it will snow at a rate of 1/3" per hour for the first couple of hours. The snow rate will increase to around 1/2" per hour for the next 5+ hours. As the storm intensifies it will increase the snow rate to around +1" per hour for Monday morning's commute through early evening and then shut off as it blows out over the ocean. As the storm intensifies it may suck in a dry slot of no snow, but when and where this happens is a function of timing, intensification, and storm track. Right now the steering winds appear to be holding steady so I still believe Dougster will be in the 10" - 15" snow band :snow: , but this could change. Last night and earlier this morning the track appeared to be moving westerly and northerly somewhat for awhile. I will keep my eye on this storm :waiting: . Jay:letitsnow:

PS I will not :hide: if I "blow" this forecast :shitHitsFan:. Let the Dougster have and enjoy his :starbucks: .

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster et. al.

I just lost a long winded tome again :pat: , but I will try to paraphrase everything "brilliant" that I expressed:

I did spend a lot of my formative years thinking with the wrong head (AKA "Single Brain Cell"), but I have since made amends :sorry: .

Almost dying taught me a lot about almost living. Now I just try to be happy and stay healthy. I am still trying with various degrees of success of taking care of myself and relax.

I am focusing on the Dougster region. Weatherwise this storm will intensify over the ocean. If this storm begins this evening it may start as a rain/snow mix changing over to all snow. It amazes me how "weaselly" the different weather services become when one tries to pin them down on a forecast. I am squirrelly, but I am not weaselly do here's what I think:

This storm will begin after midnight. I believe it will snow at a rate of 1/3" per hour for the first couple of hours. The snow rate will increase to around 1/2" per hour for the next 5+ hours. As the storm intensifies it will increase the snow rate to around +1" per hour for Monday morning's commute through early evening and then shut off as it blows out over the ocean. As the storm intensifies it may suck in a dry slot of no snow, but when and where this happens is a function of timing, intensification, and storm track. Right now the steering winds appear to be holding steady so I still believe Dougster will be in the 10" - 15" snow band :snow: , but this could change. Last night and earlier this morning the track appeared to be moving westerly and northerly somewhat for awhile. I will keep my eye on this storm :waiting: . Jay
PS I will not :hide: if I "blow" this forecast :shitHitsFan:. Let the Dougster have and enjoy his :starbucks: .
Thanks Jay! :thumb: That's about as detailed a forecast as anyone could possibly ask for! :) More folks are calling today to sign up for my snowplowing services... so I can tell you that they are running scared out there!!! ;)

In other words: More money this week in the Dougster's pitiful shallow pockets!!! :starbucks: :wave:

Dougster

Thanks Jay! :thumb: That's about as detailed a forecast as anyone could possibly ask for! :) More folks are calling today to sign up for my snowplowing services... so I can tell you that they are running scared out there!!! ;)

In other words: More money this week in the Dougster's pitiful shallow pockets!!! :starbucks: :wave:

Dougster

BIG SNOW...MEANS NO POSTS FOR DOUG ON MONDAY...HE'LL BE PLOWING...:D

Now wasn't that easier Jay???...:D

Dougster

Old Member
BIG SNOW...MEANS NO POSTS FOR DOUG ON MONDAY...HE'LL BE PLOWING...:D

Now wasn't that easier Jay???...:D
No posts for the old Dougster or by the old Dougster??? :confused: Or Both??? ;)

Good Lord, a Dougster-Free Day! :D Now what would y'all do??? ;)

I think Jay deserves his own permanent New England Weather thread! :thumb:

And I think I deserve my own permanent Starbucks :starbucks: Coffee thread... dedicated to the untold joys of the gourmet caffeine experience! :respect:

Think how everyone else could enjoy their regular tractor talk completely unfettered and undisturbed! :thumb: :wave:

Dougster