bear came to visit

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]pair of Blue Heron[/quote]</p>

Those will eat as many fish/frogs as 100 geese. They're not tolerated around here...</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
oh we got snipe and woodcock down here they real good eatin too. alittle hard to shoot cause they don't fly straight seems like they sippin the shine too. when me and the wife first got together i askedher if she ever had snipe she said no . i never asked if she ever had any woodcock. them things are good backed in the oven.</p>

</p>

Bczoom,</p>

I am worried about Tommy, All this talk about food has him on tilt........His compass is off kilter.........He eats road kill every day..........Two Guns, please help Tommy come back to earth......................He might even buy another green machine instead of a Orange Angel........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,</p>

</p>

Onfoot and Kubota Kanook, Are you guys still there or did you fall in a snow drift.....''</p>

</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>

[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]Onfoot and Kubota Kanook, Are you guys still there or did you fall in a snow drift.....[/quote]</p>

</p>

Ole Kanook is still here but when I got home with the Mouffette, Mrs Kanook wouldn't let me into the house. She banished me to the workshop along with the RTV and the mouffette in the bag. She said I smelled like the mouffette and had to stay there 'till the smell went away. She tossed me a sleeping bag and an old pillow that the dog pee'd on. I got her to toss me the laptop so I could communicate with the outside world. Hard to get any rest cause this RTV box is a little tight to get stretched out in and I'm sharing it with the mouffette and everytime I start to nod off that darn mouffette will start jumpin around in the bag.</p>

Got hungry and emailed the wife to see if she could bring me some food (iyelled but she can't hear me cause shes got Gerry Springer show on real loud).</p>

She tossed me some bacon and told me to email her in the mornig if I want some coffee. Maybe if I share some of this bacon with the mouffette it'll quiet down and let me get some sleep.</p>

Now if I read Tommys' message again real slow (cause he types so fast I can't understand him) maybe by the time I figure out what dialect he's speaking, the mouffette will be asleep and I can get some rest. ......Wish this hydraulic dump were a little bigger............</p>

</p>

Tommy..........</p>

</p>

gotta make this quick ...the mouffette is sleeping....that mobile smoke house is quite the invention...sounds like something Red Green would have thought up but you beat him to it...Make sure to seal er up good with duck tape to keep all the essence in....</p>

Onfoot

Been out splitting firewood. Now feeling sorry for Kanook trying to bed down in his RTV box. All this talk about snipes brings back lots of memories of sending kids out on midnight snipe hunts with sticks and bags. But they never had any success finding any...</p>

For the record, here is some detailed snipe info: </p>

A snipe is any of nearly 20 wading bird species in three genera in the family Scolopacidae. They are characterised by a very long slender bill and cryptic plumage.<sup class="noprint Inline-Template"><span title="The text in the vicinity of this tag needs clarification or removal of jargonfrom March 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;"></span></sup> The Gallinago snipes have a nearly worldwide distribution, the Lymnocryptes Jack Snipe is restricted to Asia and Europe and the Coenocorypha snipes are found only in New Zealand. The three species of painted snipe are not closely related to the typical snipes, and are placed in their own family, the Rostratulidae.</p>

Who knew! I expect they must taste like seagull, eh?</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
what's a moufette?? how you cook dat?? is dat like a moufalata or how ever you spell dat sandwitch?</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]</p>

</p>

Bczoom,</p>

I am worried about Tommy, All this talk about food has him on tilt........His compass is off kilter.........He eats road kill every day..........Two Guns, please help Tommy come back to earth......................He might even buy another green machine instead of a Orange Angel........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,</p>

</p>

Onfoot and Kubota Kanook, Are you guys still there or did you fall in a snow drift.....''</p>

</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

orange sorta like the nice orange color of the crawfish when they come out the boiling pot after they done been boiled just right with them zatarane seasoning. man i can just taste them nice steaming crawfish hum!!! put that head to your mouth and smash it and all them brains and fatty juices and seasoning coms flyin out then you dip the tail in the dip and take a bite . oh and we can't forget dem tators and sausage . man and then onions too i always like the first two layers they the best .oh!oh!! i fogot them mushrooms man you just gota throw them mushrooms in da pot to they like pop corn damn i'm gettin hongry i sure am glad good friday is right around the corner. we supose to be boiling a few sacks of crawfish at brother-n-laws house.</p>

[quote user="tommy 20/69"]what's a moufette??[/quote]</p>

</p>

Tommy.....</p>

I've been fishing all day and finally got a nibble...I can finally get out of this RTV bed. The dictionary definition is ........</p>

Black and white stripedmammal emitting a powerful stench when attacked. MOUFFETTE ---french word for skunk.</p>

I am never going to be able to look at an older Chevy pick-up with a cap on the back in the same way again. My belly is sore from laughing. Thats the funniest thing i've read in a long time. I can't stop thinking about it and it breaks me up all over again.</p>

Thanks for the laughter :)</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
oh so you found a skunk man down here they sell skunk by the lbs and smoke it i here it's alot better than that stuff comin across the border from mexico they call it mexican dirt weed.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Rusty, you have started the most up lifting conversation! Sure, there are a lot of clams in the creek here.I always look for a dead body in there when I go by or when getting cows to cross. You never know what you'll find in there. It sure isn't a "bubbling spring" though like yours. Are those turkeys pets or are we talking turkey gumbo with clams on the side???:) Bordercollie</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
We'll soon have to incorporate and call ourselves the Snipe Unlimited Companies or SUC's for short. Rusty, I have 6 Snipe sticks especially made for me by a great uncle who, in his own mind, was a great Snipe hunter. Actually, he was the first to take me hunting. I take that back... I only have5 Snipe sticks. I'll tell you why. Last summer, late in August, a city cousin and his family came for a short visit and we organizied an inpromtu hunt. He insisted we go Snipe hunting seeing he had heard of it but never actually done it before. So we found some old burlap bags and my sticks. I keep those stickshandy in the corner of the building as I never know when I might have an opportunity to use them. Snipe hunting is so unpredictable don't ya know. Well, as fate would have it, it started to rain just a little, then a lot more, as we were way back in a deep hollow(where I knew there were some Snipe) when he fell into a whistle pig hole and almost broke his ankle. You never heard such yelling. It was a fresh hole and I didn't know it was there either or I would have warned him about it. Well, there hewas, as mad as a wet hen, not because he hurt his leg, but because his shoe came off as he yanked his leg out and his brand new leather oxford sneaker was deep down into that hole. As you can imagine he was no longer in any mood for any more Snipe hunting. In the dark we tried and tried to get that shoe out....even used his Snipe stick to grab onto it.But no luck. He got so mad he threw mySnipe stick as far as he could back into the brush. He was covered with that yellow stickly clay from head to toe from trying to get his shoe and we didn't have any choice but to call off the hunt that night. Wasn't too smart an idea him putting his arm down into that hole, but, I kinda wanted to see what might happen too. Anyway, he walked all the way back to the house, hopping along with just one shoe and cussin about Snipe hunting. Just can't show some people a good time no matter how hard you try. Well, being the good host, he and I went back into the hollow with a shovel the next morning but all we could find around that hole was alot of fresh tracks and a few little peicesof leather from his shoe. There it is............... another Snipe hunting story.</p>

</p>

Kanook,</p>

Please don't bring that Perfume critter on the camping trip. We have enough of them hear if Tommy wants to cook up a critter.....There is one or two living under the cook house....They come out at night and dig up the yard looking for grubs....I don't know if I want the grubs or the skunk...</p>

</p>

Tommy,</p>

Bring a bag of dem crawdads on the camping trip. Dey sound real tasty. How dat for learning cajan...........</p>

</p>

Bordercollie,,,,,</p>

They are wild Turkey. They came this winter during the freezing rain and then snow and more freezing rain. I saw them at the deer feeder so I went out and purchased some scratch.............You can bring those squirrels and we can have Turkey gumbo also....We have a lot of pine and hemlock trees nearby for the turkey to roost on.....</p>

Bczoom,,,</p>

Those fish eating Heron are Fed protected. They even got into my neighbors pond and ate all of his Koy........He was fit to be tied.......We came home one afternoon with the Hummer and the Heron was on his back porch picking out all of his feeder fish.</p>

</p>

Rusty Anvil,,</p>

</p>

Bczoom,,,</p>

Cabelas is having a inventory reduction sale...........Let us know if you find any bargains..........</p>

<span><span style="font-size: medium;">I had a bunch of Canadian dollars I needed to exchange, so I went to the currency exchange window at the local bank.</span></span>
<span style="font-size: medium;"><span>Just one lady in front of me . . an Asian lady who was trying to exchange yen for dollars and she was a little irritated ... . . </span>
<span>She asked the teller, 'Why it change? Yesterday, I get two hunat dolla fo yen. Today I get hunat eighty? Why it change?'</span>
<span>The teller shrugged his shoulders and said, "Fluctuations' . </span>
<span>The Asian lady says, 'Fluc you white people, too'. </span>
</span></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]Those fish eating Heron are Fed protected.[/quote]</p>

But they taste just like Eagle...</p>

</p>

</p>