Camoplast T4S Tracks

cpsseals

Yup, those tires are way better! The old ones looked like a cross between a worn inner-tube and a French tickler.

herman48

Looks like a lot of improvements have been made since the 1972 model year that I had. Back then it was break steering. by slamming the brakes on one side the vehicle's other side would continue and turn. Not very efficient as you were always fighting the power train with the brakes.
Probably an aggravating factor in keeping air in the tires.

Isn't brake steering the same as skid steering? Mine, and I believe even the latest models, are skid steering. To turn right you pull the right handlebar, which activates the brake on the right side and slows down or locks the right wheels and vice versa. The new ones have a different handlebar that turns like a bicycle's, but they still operate on the same skid steering principle. And, yes, if the tires are underinflated, the twisting that they do as they drag sideways on the ground while steering will make air leak out of them, as the bead of the tire is pushed away from the edge of the rim. I always keep mine inflated to at least 5 lbs. It gives you a stiffer ride, but the tires stay inflated. Weather permitting I am going to get my Argo fixed next week. I hate trailering (or driving it) when it rains because it's just a bathtub with wheels and fills up with water. And in the old models like mine you have to take everything out of the back compartment and remove the floorboard to reach and remove the drain plugs. The new ones have the plugs on the outside, like boats. Besides, to drain it completely you also have to drive it up the loading ramp of the trailer, as the drains are not on the bottom.

pop58

Had a chance to drive an Argo last winter. It was a blast but I would take my RTV with my tracks over the Argo. Much better ride and it will go just about anywhere an Argo will go.

symphony

Anyone happen to know how much the tracks increase the overall height by? I'm concerned that the X1100C with tracks won't clear my 7 foot garage door?:confused2:

poke

Anyone happen to know how much the tracks increase the overall height by? I'm concerned that the X1100C with tracks won't clear my 7 foot garage door?:confused2:
five inches.
which made me dig out the floor of the shed. It also makes getting in and out of the rig a wee bit more cumbersome - can't just just slide in anymore.

pop58

That's right poke, 5 inches. I can't fit my machine in my garage with the tracks on. That is why I told my wife I need to build another building next to the garage for the machine.
She said put it in the pole barn which is where its at now but its a long walk every time I need the machine.
Ill keep working on her.

OrangeBuggy

five inches.
which made me dig out the floor of the shed. It also makes getting in and out of the rig a wee bit more cumbersome - can't just just slide in anymore.

You can slid in???? I'd love to be able to slide in, I basally just make a spectacle of myself getting in.

poke

You can slid in???? I'd love to be able to slide in, I basally just make a spectacle of myself getting in.
Yeah that is why I didn't want the cab and doors. just sidle up to the dear diesel wheelchair, point my arse and settle. Now I have to grab the ROP structure and take a step up. Thankfully the front track is a convenient step but the vehicle is DEFINITELY higher up.

cpsseals

I spoke with a dealer up here and was told it only added 1/2 inch or so. Glad to learn the truth here! 5 inches is a deal breaker for me. Only have 3 inches to spare before I pull the garage door down on top of the 1100.
I have priorities! In the garage the 1100 is closest to the door to the house, next is the Benz and last is a stang. I'd rather park the cars in the blowing snow than move the RTV further. Look at it this way, the mustang isn't going to plow the driveway for the RTV is it? Lol

pop58

I spoke with a dealer up here and was told it only added 1/2 inch or so. Glad to learn the truth here! 5 inches is a deal breaker for me. Only have 3 inches to spare before I pull the garage door down on top of the 1100.
I have priorities! In the garage the 1100 is closest to the door to the house, next is the Benz and last is a stang. I'd rather park the cars in the blowing snow than move the RTV further. Look at it this way, the mustang isn't going to plow the driveway for the RTV is it? Lol

LOL. Believe it or not there is a plow you can get for that Mustang.