Intermittent wiper for X1100C?

saseals

My $26 board came in today. When it's all wired up do you flip the OEM switch and adjust delay with the knob, or will the knob turn it on as well?

My Father-in-law drives my 1100 from time to time and I think it would be easier for him to just work the switch and we leave the knob set.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
It is a nice unit. The stock switch will work as it is intended to work - BUT - the new unit works independently so you never have to use the stock switch. The unit works well - the more you turn it the longer the interval - I haven't used the stock switch at all now. Have fun.

saseals

It is a nice unit. The stock switch will work as it is intended to work - BUT - the new unit works independently so you never have to use the stock switch. The unit works well - the more you turn it the longer the interval - I haven't used the stock switch at all now. Have fun.
Thanks! I plan to work on this tomorrow. Wiring diagram from this site is going to shorten the install time.

saseals

It didn't. I scratched my eye cutting some brush on Saturday and had to take my contacts out. Too blind in glasses to do the job.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
It didn't. I scratched my eye cutting some brush on Saturday and had to take my contacts out. Too blind in glasses to do the job.
Sorry - eye scratches are painful - but they heal up quickly - I hope that is the case for you!

saseals

Thanks! It's fine now. It hit me hard enough to tear my contact lens. Safety glasses will be worn next time!

saseals

How did the installation go?
I tried to install this tonight. My 1100 is a 22 so I used the wire in the middle like others did. As soon. As I turned on the board, got a little smoke and it melted some of the board. I'm not sure I understand what happened. Is the board sending 12v positive or 12v negative to the wiper motor? I put everything back and wiper works. Now I wonder if I just got a defective board.
How did the installation go?

saseals

Just installed that amazon board yesterday. Works good. Factory switch works as normal. While in off position and key on, turn knob on wiper control and delay is now active from 3-30 seconds. Turn on factory switch and wiper resumes normal speed.
I am trying to wrap my head around this project. I see where some folks used the middle wire for their setup and some used the bottom. When the wiper switch is on, is it sending 12v positive to the motor? I'm not sure if my board was defective, or if I used the wrong wire.

tfdr1

I am trying to wrap my head around this project. I see where some folks used the middle wire for their setup and some used the bottom. When the wiper switch is on, is it sending 12v positive to the motor? I'm not sure if my board was defective, or if I used the wrong wire.

Should be 12v positive

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
So sorry to hear about your problem. I know I was a bit confused about the wiring and that is when I determined that on my machine I needed to change the connection to the middle terminal of the connector. I am fortunate that I caught this early in the process.

tfdr1

I still find it hard to believe that they changed the wiring since there's only one part number for the wiper switch that I can find for the X1100.

Dave

saseals

The part I can't wrap my head around is the connections for Com and NC. I don't understand why the Com port runs to the switch and not the wiper motor.

tfdr1

The part I can't wrap my head around is the connections for Com and NC. I don't understand why the Com port runs to the switch and not the wiper motor.

In all honesty, I think I reversed them to the way you are describing ( COM to wiper and NC to switch).

Mine is acting up so I suspect one of my solder joints failed on the potentiometer. I can't seem to find an exact replacement so I might just grab another board and use some thinner wire to provide more flex than the stuff I had on hand at the time.

Dave

saseals

I'm going to update this for the next guy. My 1100c is a 2022. I had to use the middle wire. The middle wire had 12v+ when switch was on. The bottom wire did not.

I ran the wire from the switch to the NC terminal. I ran the wire from the wiper motor to the Com terminal.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going to update this for the next guy. My 1100c is a 2022. I had to use the middle wire. The middle wire had 12v+ when switch was on. The bottom wire did not.

I ran the wire from the switch to the NC terminal. I ran the wire from the wiper motor to the Com terminal.
that is exactly what I found - see my schematic on the first page.