Just got here

Dougster

Old Member
Don't understand why you keep saying us married types are rich, why I am so poor that I can't pay attention.
If you can afford to live in that palatial lakefront resort... in Connecticut, no less... and drive a brand new Dodge diesel monster truck towing an L48... are decidedly NOT poor. :notthatway:
I'll bet you don't even know what the term means! :smartass:

Dougster

Well, that could be too. :D I don't *DO* those studies. Like most everyone else... I just read them! :)

Dougster

Actually, I've been looking over my shoulder all day, expecting a bolt of lightening to strike me down after my comment. :eek: I got lucky and found a wife that's been my best friend, business partner, councelor, mother of our children, and willing to put up with me for more than 40 years. I don't know where I'd be or what I would have ammounted to without her. A GOOD marriage can be the best thing that can ever happen to a person. From what I've been told, a bad one can be horrible. I wouldn't know.

My wife goes in the hospital tomorrow morning for some surgery. I'm a nervous wreck right now. It's times like this I sit and wonder just how I'd ever manage to get by without her. Or wonder why I'd WANT to get by if I didn't have her:respect:

Bindian

Actually, I've been looking over my shoulder all day, expecting a bolt of lightening to strike me down after my comment. :eek: I got lucky and found a wife that's been my best friend, business partner, councelor, mother of our children, and willing to put up with me for more than 40 years. I don't know where I'd be or what I would have ammounted to without her. A GOOD marriage can be the best thing that can ever happen to a person. From what I've been told, a bad one can be horrible. I wouldn't know.

My wife goes in the hospital tomorrow morning for some surgery. I'm a nervous wreck right now. It's times like this I sit and wonder just how I'd ever manage to get by without her. Or wonder why I'd WANT to get by if I didn't have her:respect:
Farmwithjunk,
Keep the faith. I know it is hard :waiting:Here's to your 40 something years of marriage......:beer:
hugs, Brandi

jbrumberg

Farmwithjunk:

Good luck to you and your wife. I often to refer to my wife as "She Who Must Be Obeyed" and "My Social Control Agent", but your statement "I don't know where I'd be or what I would have amounted to without her." hit home. My positive thoughts to you and your wife. Jay

Last edited:
Despite the fact that most or all of the still-married folks here will always, in total, live happier, probably longer and typically have more than me... the freedom to do as I please... whenever and wherever... without hindrance, hesitation or interference of any kind is a pretty good consolation prize. ;)

So there all you rich, happily-married folks!!! :moon3: :mrgreen:

Dougster

Come on now Doug, are you going to tell us that your GF has absolutely no say-so in anything that you do or what time that you do it. If that is true, it's time to get married and not let her get away.:thumb:

Oh, by the way, in 29 days it will be our 22nd anniversary and my wife is also my best friend.;) And as long as we do not stray, (which we have not) we come and go as we please, spend $$$$$$ as we please, pretty much do as we want. We got married when we were a little bit older and had a good idea of what we wanted in the other person before we got married. I suppose that we are lucky that all has worked well so far. This is not to say that we are coming and going all the time. Both of us would rather be at home than any place else. It's just that we can pretty much do as we want, when we want. Sooooo, you don't have to be single to have your cake and eat it too.:biggrin:

Bill, we all hope that all goes well tomorrow.

Dougster

Old Member

Anyone who'd put up with you for more than 40 years must be someone very special! :) I'd hold onto her! :thumb:

Good luck to the both of you. Hope all goes well! :)

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Come on now Doug, are you going to tell us that your GF has absolutely no say-so in anything that you do or what time that you do it. If that is true, it's time to get married and not let her get away. :thumb:
Nope! :badidea: Despite dirt poverty and old age, I've got it made in the shade when it comes to the GF! :D She is the absolute best! :thumb: But if we ever got m..m..m..m..married, I guarantee that she would blow up to 400 pounds almost overnight... and the nags, rules & restrictions she'd impose would positively smother the poor old Dougster. :boxing: :bash: :fight: :bangin: I would not even be the same person. :( Just a mere shadow of my former, single "freedom-loving" self. :shock: :umbrella:

Dougster

olcowhand

Junk, hope all is fine with the surgery! I suppose she's in a Louisville hospital? All of them up there do super work! As said, keep the faith, she'll be fine!

Nope! :badidea: Despite dirt poverty and old age, I've got it made in the shade when it comes to the GF! :D She is the absolute best! :thumb: But if we ever got m..m..m..m..married, I guarantee that she would blow up to 400 pounds almost overnight... and the nags, rules & restrictions she'd impose would positively smother the poor old Dougster. :boxing: :bash: :fight: :bangin: I would not even be the same person. :( Just a mere shadow of my former, single "freedom-loving" self. :shock: :umbrella:

Dougster

I understand, I knew a guy that lived with his GF for 5-6 years. Thought all was well, decided to get married. Decided to have a kid. That was the beginning of the end for him. I don't think that they made it much more than a year before they split. Maybe it's the luck of the draw, with a little guess work.:respect: I just know that so far it is working for us the 1st time around.(knock on wood):Tip-Hat2:

Dougster

Old Member
I understand, I knew a guy that lived with his GF for 5-6 years. Thought all was well, decided to get married. Decided to have a kid. That was the beginning of the end for him. I don't think that they made it much more than a year before they split. Maybe it's the luck of the draw, with a little guess work.:respect: I just know that so far it is working for us the 1st time around.(knock on wood):Tip-Hat2:
Well, of course it is working for you! :rolleyes: Good Lord man... that's pretty obvious! :thumb: You've got more large dirt-moving toys than any 3 or 4 other folks here on NTT combined! :D Mama Mia!!! ;) And let's not even mention your magnificent mountain property over there on the left coast! :cool:

By anyone's definition... You've got it "Made in the Shade" my blue-tractored friend!:king: :beer:

Dougster

Well, of course it is working for you! :rolleyes: Good Lord man... that's pretty obvious! :thumb: You've got more large dirt-moving toys than any 3 or 4 other folks here on NTT combined! :D Mama Mia!!! ;) And let's not even mention your magnificent mountain property over there on the left coast! :cool:

By anyone's definition... You've got it "Made in the Shade" my blue-tractored friend!:king: :beer:

Dougster

Hey Doug, I've been kind of working on my Ranchita website. Posted a few new pics. Go over and check out the new photo gallery at Mountain View Ranch. More to follow.:D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good Brian. Beautiful views. Do the mountains have snow caps on them much of the year?

Looks good Brian. Beautiful views. Do the mountains have snow caps on them much of the year?

No, those mtns are 5000'-6000' and the weather is just to warm for snow to stay more than a week or two. Sure is pretty when they are snow capped though.:letitsnow:

I know. :sorry: I am just jealous of his infamous, nightly, company-paid "lobsta and fillet mignon" dinners, his completely free company truck, his fleet of Mercedes-Benz automobiles, his farm in Maine, his brand new welder and his ability to get all the 'scrap' steel anyone could ever want. :rolleyes:

And then you go to a tool show with him (putting up with him as he shakes & sweats with his eyes closed in the ARE)... and then, as you go through the show hunting for vital needs and exceptional bargains and chat with him as you go... you suddenly realize that he already owns every freakin' tool ever made. :eek2:

On the other hand, he doesn't yet have a big red backhoe and I do! :thumb:

Life is good again!!! :D

Dougster

Na I don't own every tool ever made. There is one or two that i would like to get. :moon3:

Dougster

Old Member
Na I don't own every tool ever made. There is one or two that i would like to get. :moon3:
No Harley or Vette in my yet to be built garage Brandi. But I do have a 1963 Allstate 60Sport Moped. :whistle:
Oh yes Ed... I know you're out there right now hunting for tools you don't have left and right... starting with a screwdriver or two and a hammer!!! :brows: Yeah, RIGHT!!! :bangin:

That '63 Allstate is truly a classic!!! Or would that be an antique??? :confused: I get sooooooo confused!!! ;)

Either way... YES, I am jealous! :mrgreen:

Dougster