New to me

green anchors

picked up a 900 with 550 hours, think I got a great deal for 4.5k! tires are like new, has hard top, front winch, spedo and runs like a clock. These things are tanks! I have been reading this forum for several weeks now and feel I have learned so much and also know you can get kicked off for not posting pics:wink: I have 42 acres in Bristol NY and plan to use it for hunting, wood, and as of right now just driving the thing around.... love it. This thing sat in a heated garage for almost two years, brought a jumper battery and it started right up. I have flushed the radiator and have all the filters and oil waiting for me at the local Kubota dealer. I also replaced the battery already.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard.......Yes, you will find LOTS of uses for your new tool......If the machine sat for those 2 years you might want to get those fluids changed as soon as you can. There is no telling about the use the machine was put to before you got it, and a regular maintenance routine can go a LONG way...........
Anyway, glad you have joined us, and perhaps you can tell us how to stetch our very limited retirement dollars so we can afford more toys.........God bless Bud......Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome green anchors. This is just a great big family. Congratulations on your RTV. I am sure that you will like it. Do you have the hydraulic lift also? I do , but have a heavy toolbox bolted down so seldom use it for dumping as my tools would move around. But it is a great feature. (my tool box needs straightening anyway most of the time) ;) . I use a magic marker on my filters to date and hrs ... it really helps . also make a running tab under the hood. Then , I have no excuses for not knowing when changing the them. :) bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new (to you) RTV!

"and also know you can get kicked off for not posting pics"
Then you better get on it! :)

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Welcome !!!!

Glad you picked us !!!

Now, please send pics. That way no member will think your a spy >>>> :whistling:

We are family. There is no other way to state it. Much shared here. So drag yourself up a chair and join in. There is a lot of "poking & joking" that goes on here. :poke:
Don't pay it no mind. And on the flip side, there is so much great info here that we all share. God is in all our hearts.

......... two guns

Attachments

• man-im-so-tired.jpg
    man-im-so-tired.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 168

green anchors

Thank you. I could not agree more. If I start EVERYTHING from scratch I will always know what should be done is done. Two years is a long time for any equipment to sit with out use. I was surprised and pleased when it started so quick. I like the magic marker idea and will def use. I will somehow find a great way for a tool box under the hood that will also hold my maintenance records. This machine does not have the hydraulic lift sad about that but think I can live with out it. This machine spent its whole life inside when not used and pretty much looks like brand new so I have to believe it was well taken care of but I was given no records what so ever. fluids look good but all are going to be new and on my maintenance plan. Before I picked this up and reading so much on forums I was a little worried about poss issues like shifting, power loss especially on hills ect.. but this thing runs great(for the hour or so I have enjoyed it so far)

green anchors

Thanks Two Guns, Pics should come today. I have read ALOT of post so far and the community is what brought me to join! I look forward to getting to know some of you while getting and sharing valuable information.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I will look and see if I can find the pic of the little box we have under the hood.
What Year is your machine. Reason being. The earlier models fuel caps were so had to get off. We use a filter wrench that stays under the seat for this. These machines don't use much fuel, as you will find out in time.
Also, for the quality of the fuel we all get. May I suggest getting some Standadye fuel treatment, or something equal to. For OUR diesel needs more lubricate that they have in fuel now days. You will have to spend 9-11 dollars, but some of the best $$$ spent. One bottle will last forever !!!!

.......... two guns

Post Script:
Check your Spark Arrestor thingy.... It is a important thread on this !!!!
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14605

.......... two guns

Attachments

• Stanadyne 1.jpg
    Stanadyne 1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Clogged Arrestor 2.jpg
    Clogged Arrestor 2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 173
  • Oil Filter Pliers.jpg
    Oil Filter Pliers.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Green Anchors,
Look and see if your RTV has muffler like this one. The little screw at the end,
was what held in the spark arrestor on the older models.

The new ones, was built into the muffler, if I'm not mistaken ...

........... two guns

Attachments

• Kubota Muffler  1.jpg
    Kubota Muffler 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 174

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Just a idea.
Go to Dollar Store / Walmart , get one of these plastic containers, drill small hole in corner. Zip Tie under hood.
Carrys everything you will need but a tractor jack !!!!

........ two guns

Attachments

• KUBOTA TOOL BOX.jpg
    KUBOTA TOOL BOX.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 173

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
+2 about what Jamie (two Guns) shows and says about the box under the hood. Like him, we keep our wench supplies there, held in place by an old towel to keep from rattling. Actually the only time one might have to get the box out of the way is when one changes the power steering fluid. Sure is nice to have those things handy and organized.

What year is yours? Several year specific topics to discuss if we know.

We also have a flat plastic box under the dash on the passenger side for gloves and what-not stuff.........They used to get stashed in that crack behind the seat and everytime one needs to get under the seat for the gas cap tool that Jamie showed you, all kinds of stuff had to be removed............NOW............lolol....the box is full and grandaughter and the true owner of the RTV, my wife, have found even more stuff to put in that crack.......lol.....life goes on......

God bless.......Dennis

BaiJiu

Welcome green anchors. This is just a great big family. Congratulations on your RTV. I am sure that you will like it. Do you have the hydraulic lift also? I do , but have a heavy toolbox bolted down so seldom use it for dumping as my tools would move around. But it is a great feature. (my tool box needs straightening anyway most of the time) ;) . I use a magic marker on my filters to date and hrs ... it really helps . also make a running tab under the hood. Then , I have no excuses for not knowing when changing the them. :) bordercollie
Great idea using the magic marker, I am definitely going to start doing that.

Thanks Bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Great idea using the magic marker, I am definitely going to start doing that.

Thanks Bordercollie

You are most welcome BaiJiu. :)
Now Two Guns, you haven't seen my tool box. I keep my livelyhood all in there.. and my spare stuff under the hood. Like my extra fence pliers and a bit of electric fence wire for emergency roundup/containment etc... Mr. Haney has nothing on me !! :) Haha . Now that is an idea for a new thread. hummm.... :) collie

green anchors

Great ideas for the box, I think I may have one that will work. looked today and believe spark arrester is gone. The unit is an 04. I took some pictures and will try to post them. Two Guns, the muffler is exactly like the one you posted and I will def need that tool as I tried the cap and it said NOOO WAY to coming off.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Great ideas for the box, I think I may have one that will work. looked today and believe spark arrester is gone. The unit is an 04. I took some pictures and will try to post them. Two Guns, the muffler is exactly like the one you posted and I will def need that tool as I tried the cap and it said NOOO WAY to coming off.

They sell that tool just about any Auto Parts store like Auto Zone, Advanced, Oreillys, and even at Walmart.

Mine stays under the seat until needed. It's a have to thingy. AND, if you fill up the RTV and the lid seems to want to leak a little. Go to your dealer and get a whole new fuel cap. And then, take the gasket off your old one and put on top, along with the other gasket, ( double gasketing) of your new cap and screw on. Reason for the newer cap, long story, but they had trouble with the threads matching up correctly at some of them years of manufacturing. And by the time you get just the Gasket, you can add a few more bucks and get a whole new cap and gasket to boot..... many has done this ....

.............. two guns

milkman

They sell that tool just about any Auto Parts store like Auto Zone, Advanced, Oreillys, and even at Walmart.

Mine stays under the seat until needed. It's a have to thingy. AND, if you fill up the RTV and the lid seems to want to leak a little. Go to your dealer and get a whole new fuel cap. And then, take the gasket off your old one and put on top, along with the other gasket, ( double gasketing) of your new cap and screw on. Reason for the newer cap, long story, but they had trouble with the threads matching up correctly at some of them years of manufacturing. And by the time you get just the Gasket, you can add a few more bucks and get a whole new cap and gasket to boot..... many has done this ....

.............. two guns

Double gasket??? Who in the world would come up with such an idea? "smiley face here"

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Double gasket??? Who in the world would come up with such an idea? "smiley face here"

It works .... went threw the new cap thing until I got just plan crazy....
Dealer even installed me a new fuel tank, thinking it might have something to do with the neck of the tank. Still leaked. Gasket just didn't seem thick enough... then it happened. Took a gasket off of one of the caps and put on top of the other, and "SSSSSSSwichhhhhhhh", the magic wand thing. It worked. :idea:No more problem. Been good ever since !!!! Can't take credit for that. Think it came from a beautiful little cajun sitting on a cypress stump .

Dealer Found out later there was thread problems with the tanks threads and the cap threads not matching up ....

Attachments

• Cypress Stump 25.jpg
    Cypress Stump 25.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 152
Last edited: