RTV-X1100C Information

Fordman

Site Supporter
My dealer says there's NO issues with the wheels on the 2016 ?!? I'm not so sure of that ! My 2012 900 didn't have any but I'm still a little spooked! Thanks for helping me with my questions, looked at the ranger 900 with full cab , tip out safety glass windshield, roll down glass windows & winch but it's same price as the 1100 x ! But has no heat/air ! & a BELT !

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I also looked at the polaris very very hard before i purchased my RTV. i was unaware of any suspension problems when i purchased the X1100C and was a little worried when i began to read some others concerns. but in reality after using it hard and just decided to fix it if it developed any problems and move on from there. i have a neighbor with the polaris and it has been a good machine for him but after seeing both after considerable hard work i am glad i have the Kubota. if the rear bushings go bad someday i can replace them with bronze or just go back with the factory set up. i have not developed any more play in my suspension in over 2000 miles and at this rate i am guessing the bushings should last over 12000 miles and maybe more. my friends polaris is beginning to get loose also, so i don't think it makes much difference about the suspension on either. the Kubota is a tank!

My dealer says there's NO issues with the wheels on the 2016 ?!? I'm not so sure of that ! My 2012 900 didn't have any but I'm still a little spooked! Thanks for helping me with my questions, looked at the ranger 900 with full cab , tip out safety glass windshield, roll down glass windows & winch but it's same price as the 1100 x ! But has no heat/air ! & a BELT !

Fordman

Site Supporter
Thanks man ! I really appreciate all your input! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger, one of my friends had just said the Diesel engine was really expensive to repair but I haven't heard of anyone having issues ! Lol thanks again

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
glad to be of help. i know there are some really high hour RTV out there and they hold there resale value too. I think bordercollie sold one with over 4000 hours. there is a member here who works for a mine "i think" that really abuses them and they hold up really well. do a search on the forum and you will learn some pretty amazing stories and get a good feel for the soft spots. the X series is relatively new design compared to the old ones but from owning both i think the X series will be fine.

Fordman

Site Supporter
That's great to hear , thanks I'm just trying to decide on camo or orange! I think it will go where we normally go with no problems, but do haft to cross a little creek about half tire deep & the road is sometimes muddy but I like the 1100 a lot better than the Polaris we've looked at ! Heard of TO MANY Problems with Polaris belt/clutch

ovrszd

To me there is very little common ground between the Polaris Ranger and the Kubota RTV. So you really have to decide what you expect from the vehicle you purchase.

For example, my 40lb Terrier dog can easily outrun the RTV.

My RTV can easily haul my Yamaha Rhino.

My Rhino will go in 2wd where the RTV won't in 4wd.

My RTV is much more dependable to operate.

My Rhino is much more comfortable to ride.

You choose which types of things are most important to you. :)

Fordman

Site Supporter
I actually do wonder if the new x model goes better because of the increased ground clearance?

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mostly because of the independent suspension. The older rtvs I had wouldn't keep the tires on the ground as well in off camber situations. The x models don't weigh as much either.

ovrszd

Lol great info ! Do you have the x model?

Nope, I have an '08 900. Leaf spring model.

The three limiting factors for any model RTV is suspension flex, ground clearance and lack of a front locker.

There may be some changes over the years that slightly improve one or two of these issues, but the third is still lacking.

I have an inch lift kit and 27" aggressive tires. That has helped the clearance and traction issue dramatically. It still has one tire off the ground a LOT. So the absence of a front locker is significant. When you are spinning with one front tire in the air you essentially have relapsed into 2wd.

I was in the timber today on thawing frozen ground. Got myself in a situation that took 4 or 5 minutes to get out of. That time would have been cut to 1 minute or less if I'd had a front locker. :)

Again, use my list or make your own. You should consider what your intentions and/or expectations are of the vehicle you buy. Then buy the one that best handles those standards. The last thing you should do is buy color or trim. :)

Anxious to see pics of whatever you decide. :)

Fordman

Site Supporter
Sounds like you have a nice rig ! I really appreciate your thoughts & help, I guess im really overthinking this whole deal but its a big investment! We've also considered the yamaha Viking but have never actually drove one , all this gets really confusing Lol thanks for the help & patience! I know im probably aggravating yall, but I really need the information

Mark.Sibole

That has always been my major complaint on the RTV.For the cost of the machine and for its use it should have front lockers on it....

ovrszd

And understand, I'm not trying to talk you into or out of anything. Just offering things you should consider.

You'll figure it out!!! :)

Fordman

Site Supporter
Amen ! I appreciate all your replys, as you can tell i had a 900 back in 2010 , loved the machine BUT got hung up allot on the rear bar where the 2in receiver Was , looking & measuring the new x model it has almost 4 more inches of rear ground clearance, that's why I was thinking the x model would suit my needs better idk for sure & that's kinda my whole delima lol

ovrszd

I totally concerning the rear hitch. I added an inch of lift, an additional inch with tires and an additional inch by moving the hitch tube.

Even after all that the RTV still has a horrible departure angle.

Fordman

Site Supporter
i was thinking the added Ground clearance would really help then adding bigger tires, idk = really pondering now lol

2fast2reid

My wife and I bought a 2014 x1100c and just put a more aggressive tire on the machine. It will go all over the Ozark mtns. I have had 2 800 rangers and a Viking. The RTV will go anywhere they would just a heck of a lot slower. From time to time I get a belt squeaking but other than that a great machine.