RTV-X1100C Information

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Just because I'm mechanically inclined.

If I had one of these, wish I did, I'd do two things;

Fix the problems. First, make shims for the front end out of the right thickness of ordinary washers that fit just snug enough to require tapping with a hammer to put in place. They need to be tight but not overly tight. Then I'd either live with the rubber bushings, probably not, or have my local machinist make some brass bushings. Add a little grease or oil like I described elsewhere in this post and problems solved.

Then start a phone/letter/email campaign to Kubota starting with the mechanic/service department at the local dealership, then the sales department at the dealership. Then the Kubota area reps for sales/service and on up the chain until I got answers. Lots of pictures and documentation of all the troubles and steps taken.

Kubota made a mistake on this model and need to fix it but that will take time. Look at recent cases for GM and Toyota cars, it took years and now millions of dollars in law suits. Manufactures are all the same, very slow to admit and fix mistakes. These on the RTV X series are not major but need time to get through there process before you will see a change. The question will be how long will it take before we see upgrades and recalls or fixes.

Rubbers in suspension components, come on Kubota wake up.

A word of encouragement, you bought these in good faith and probably really love the new improvements, that has not changed.

Live with the rubber flex until it gets fixed and shim the front end, 90% of the problems solved.

There has been a lot of talk here of backing out of the new purchase but I disagree.

Given the overall quality of these machines this is a minor glitch for a major upgraded model.

Knowing these problems and if I were in a position to buy a new one this would not stop me at all.

Really a big fan of the RTV lineup.

Last edited:

blk65brd

The company below was contacted with a link to this forum and it has gone to their R&D department, if you go to their website you will see they are in the business doing aftermarket bushings, bearings for ATV's / UTV's, unfortunately not for Kubota YET. I sent them a followup email this AM to see if they are doing anything with it but no word back yet. Have never done business with them but they do have lifetime guarantees, which may be better than what is left of a 12 month warranty.

Richard

http://www.pivotworks.com/

rapracing

I was out and jacked it up. The play in the rear is gone, at least for now.

My understanding of what they did was put a "washer" in between the a-arm and the rubber/nylon bushing to remove some of the play. (I'm still confused as to whether it is rubber or nylon??) The dealer told me nylon and when I asked him "rubber or nylon?" he repeated nylon. I'm not sure if the fix is good or not. If there is a washer in there spinning on the pin when the wheel moves I would think that will be a wear issue on the bushing whether rubber or nylon??

Challenger2

Rear wheel play/clunking update?

Hi everybody I am the poster that put the video on TBN web page and happen to come across this site. Looks like word gets around fast which is a good thing. And I hope we get a fix to this problem ASAP.

That video is of our company RTV X 1100c with 54 hours if not for belonging to the TBN forum I would of never checked our RTV and been none the wiser. My honest opinion I think this is going to take so time to fix. If you look at the back wheels the assembly that the drive shaft goes through is made of aluminum and is bolted top and bottom at this fixed points is were all the play is.

It looks as if the bolts are sized wrong or bushings size wrong for the fitting itself. And allowing the play to move back and forth. I have not tore anything apart yet to see exactly what can be done to fix it our dealer wants to look at it and tear it apart step by step and see what the exact problem is and what can be done. He is waiting as many other dealers on word from kubota.

I hope this is a easy fix and soon I really wanted to buy one of these for my own side business but now will wait to see how this all plays out.

Hi All,

I have read every post on the rear clunking noise / bushing play and it appears that an answer from Kubota was coming. I have not seen any updates on this issue. I just jacked my 48hr old X1100c up and checked the rear wheel play....WOW!! This amount of play can't be normal. Has anyone received a fix or official reply from their dealer or Kubota?

Tail Rotor....I was not able to see your video (deleted?) Can you send it to me or repost? i would love to show this to the dealer to explain when he stares at me with a blank look.

Thank you all for your input!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have an X1100c with a little over 2000 miles of off road use and about 500 hours of service. i carry aprox 400 lbs in the rear daily over differing terrain but mostly flat rough. the dealer had already added the washers to the front A arms to take out the clunk and that has been fine. the rear bushings haven't improved or gotten worse and all of the camber is fine. i think we need to give these rear bushings some time to see if there really is a problem. i grease the rest often.

snpmorgan1

Well I got some great news today. I bought a brand new x1140 in December. It has the same "sloppy" rear wheels. I took it to my dealer Friday before last and apparently they are having new bronze impregnated bushings made through a local machine shop for the hub flange. Hope to have it back by the weekend fingers crossed. Not sure if this is payed out by my dealer or kubota, but I will rest easier zooming around the farm on it.

A side note:
a specific example of a rear drive self steering axle is the Mazda RX- sporty car. This axle cannot steer under load(weight) rather in cornering when the inside rear wheel lightens up, steering is possible to improve traction and stability.

I feel like there wouldn't have been much immediate issue with the original set up and never felt unstable. Later down the road is different. That could go either way from my current position. Any
I'm not sure which is the real deal here(by design or design flaw)... I just know that the awesome people in Alabama took it very seriously when I showed it to them; and I will never do business anywhere else because of their consistent customer service. I wish the closer dealer had the genuine regard and care for customers that they do down the road. but it's well worth the 20 mile drive for us to get the great service. Nothing I hate more than to walk into a business and feel like I'm a major inconvenience....that never ever ever happens At my favorite dealership. They clearly love what they do!!

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It really IS OK on here to say the dealers name who is so good to you.....LIKE WHO IS IT????????
God bless......Dennis

snpmorgan1

Best Kubota Dealer in the World

It really IS OK on here to say the dealers name who is so good to you.....LIKE WHO IS IT????????
God bless......Dennis

The suspense!!! Baldwin Tractor & Equipment!!! These people are the real deal! This is a hands on operation, I cannot say enough good things about them. I'm not even that good of a customer. I've bought 3 machines from them over the last 12 years and they have always treated me like gold.

There is a mechanic that works for them whom, if I remember correctly, is the previous owner's son. Anyways, this guy has been there as long as I can remember. Every time I show up there he remembers me and asks if my machines are still up to par. I'm nobody folks. I'm not rich, famous, or even that good of a person really. I'm just a guy in his early 30's with a Tractor addiction! And to be treated like I'm the sole reason their doors are open is very nice.

I have dealt with one other in Panama City on my trackhoe and they were decent to me. Baldwin tractor didn't have the one I was looking for at the time and Sowell had a new one that had been on their inventory too long. Price and availability sold it. I have tried on several occasions to purchase from the one right by my home but the price was never close and the owner's attitude and comments flat sucked. I did purchase a new land pride bush hog from the one by my home and it went pretty well initially, but then I overheard the owner making negative remarks about me after the purchase. I can't see them ever going to bat for me when something eventually goes south. Arrogance is not impressive to me.

My little boy was with me when I bought the rtv and everyone in the place interacted with him and they loaded him up with hats, toys, and snacks! This is after I kept beating them down on their already good price for two weeks. There are very few businesses I've delt with where I've felt genuinely appreciated as a customer, and Baldwin Tractor goes beyond this and Makes me feel like family. Maybe there's someone out there that's had a bad experience with them, but I'd be willing to bet Baldwin did more than they should've to make it right.

Baldwin Tractor is where it's at!!

Paul

hellasmania

Out of curiosity, how do you diagnose the 'sloppy' rear wheels on the RTVx?
I purchased my RTV-X900 at the end of the year and have not noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks

10-e-c-dirt

I purchased my RTV-X900 at the end of the year and have not noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks

Same here, got my X900 in March, 1800 miles so far I have not noticed anything different, maybe all the Mud & Cow Manure keeps everything nice & tight. LOL

snpmorgan1

Thanks

It's easy Umkay.
Jack up the rear end as if you want to do a tire swap, give the a tire a little shake as if trying to steer the rear tire. Looking through the earlier portion of this thread you may find a more technical explanation.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have one of the first years production. have over 2000 miles on it and the suspension hasn't changed from when it was new. it has caused a host of problems that have since remained unsolved, such as memory loss"i still forget why i own a truck sometimes" and jealousy "people with other brand machines get jealous when they see my windows rolled up and it is over 100 degrees outside". I think it may be fattening too because now i am getting fat too. probably from not walking anymore.:bsflag2:

Hello , are the 2016 1100 x alright now ? Has problems been resolved? Thanks

OrangeBuggy

I have one of the first years production. have over 2000 miles on it and the suspension hasn't changed from when it was new. it has caused a host of problems that have since remained unsolved, such as memory loss"i still forget why i own a truck sometimes" and jealousy "people with other brand machines get jealous when they see my windows rolled up and it is over 100 degrees outside". I think it may be fattening too because now i am getting fat too. probably from not walking anymore.:bsflag2:

I definitely understand the getting FAT problem.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have a 2008 model 1100 also and the heater and air conditioner are still perfect on it just as it is on the 1100X. i did mess up my air control knob a few weeks ago though and i haven't had time to take it apart to find what i broke. as far as maintenance goes i have only oil and grease in it and some filters. i do keep the oil cooler blown out with compressed air every month or so. my dealer installed the machine washers in the front suspension before i bought it. other than that it is stock.

Also are the 1100s pretty low maintenance? A/c heater & all that jazz ?