RTV-X1100C Information

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Dog-gonnit, once again I agree with TwoGuns. Shhhhh! Not too load.

I just don't see a negative to getting your old machine back, with the exception that the trade is not equivalent to the original and also having to maintain any purchased accessories.

rehmangus.com

King

I'm on the fence Kubota is usually pretty good about this stuff you have it all documented but it may be a while until they figure it out.

BaiJiu

Grab your old machine now before it is sold. Sounds like you have an excellent dealer, when they figure this problem out he will likely give you the best deal ever just to prove a point.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How much is it gonna cost ya to trade back? The sales tax and ? I would see how much faith the manufacturer has in this "not" being a problem and maybe agreeing to keep it -if they would cover repairs in that area for an extended number of years.. again, I might, just possibly, consider that...maybe... .but definitely would not want to be stuck with a lemon...I'm leaning to something sorta like an annulment.. get rid of it or get stuck with it...We know about the witchy woman don't we, member **, Just make 'em go away is sometimes the best way !!! And then.. wait for a good one ! and then Happy Happy and no regrets :) collie

Last edited:

BaiJiu

Good point collie I hadn't thought about the tax, I was just thinking they would be going back to the point where a deal never existed.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yea.. sad... Down here, I believe I paid near a grand in sales tax when I bought mine.... blak (barf) collie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well our sales tax is 15% so I have a real incentive to keep cost low.

Hey,
Down here in Louisiana. We have a SPECIAL TAX FREE DAYS, usally three days long. Guns, Ammo, Camo, Any side by side or four wheelers, boats, motors, generators, gator hooks and the list goes on and on ........
This is when the guns and big toys are purchased. Save BIG bucks yea !!!!!

Most time, I can go to a dealer or merchant. Tell him what I want and
give him cash for hold. Also, get them a list to order six months in advance, that way it gives them time to get in and do what they need to do to fill my orders. Then when " happy days" shows up. Everything in here and that is when
the money is saved. You would not believe the cash I've saved doing this.
If your going to use it, go ahead and get it on tax free day.

Attachments

• happy-gator-.jpg
    happy-gator-.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 132

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The way he talked it would be like the deal never happened

That sounds real good rapracing !!!!. REAL GOOD !
Two Guns, I just heard about our Mississippi legislators redoing the tax free holiday and taking ATVs off of it.. scum buckets! I missed this deal in 2011... Now if they get their way, it won't happen for atvs anymore. It is being done quietly with only a little blip on the news.... Well, it will be several years before I can buy anything anyways but still ..it's a shame for others if it passes. collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with those that said to get your old RTV back and undo the deal.

Being as you're returning the new one, you get your tax back. Same as when you do a return at a store. You get your purchase price + tax refunded.

Let the dealer know that if/when Kubota gets this fixed, you'll most likely be back to get a new one.

Treehouse

Site Supporter
I'm with two guns. If the dealer is going to let you out with no stirngs, bring 'er back and get your old machine. It'll do 3 things, 1) give you peace of mind, 2) get that dealer to light a fire over at kubota to fix the problem on all the machines (dealers will stop accepting shipment of units with all that slop) and, 3) when you buy your new one, it will be free of whatever wear and tear is being caused by a lll that play

If it were me, I wouldn't want a machine that had all that jarring happening before the fix, I'd want a brand spanking new machine that was never run with the design flaw.

Kubota will have to fix this in the assembly/design process otherwise they won't sell any units. I'd wait till they done made it right!

My two cents anyway

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
My two cents: If you decide to reinvest in a "NEW" Kubota when they get things fixed, you might want to record the serial number of the unit you are returning. You want a "NEW" machine not your refurbished one.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I am glad you have a good dealer. I bet these things will be all over ebay before long. It is a good idea about the serial # Keifer pointed out.
I am glad that you will get the tax money back. My Aunt lost her's on an new unsatisfactory automobile kept for 2 days because the state already had the "title work" so the dealer said.
Yep, divorce this thing and come out clean.. In a second. :tiphat: collie

BaiJiu

Hadn't thought about that collie, we have to register our RTV's to get a licence plate so we would likely be screwed on the tax portion like your aunt.

blk65brd

Just a few bullet points in another direction on this thread for consideration

1. I have a new RTV X-1100 C and have not heard the thump, the RTV is presently at the dealer getting hydraulics modified with an auxiliary pump and a cooler added as well as UTV Hitchworks 3 point setup and snow plow, I live in the Pacific Northwest and snow is not an every year show stopper like some parts of the country but have a home where 5 miles of road may have to be plowed to get in or out made for justification for this RTV purchase.

2. I also have a 2005 Yamaha Rhino which goes faster but has a lot of bucks spent on aftermarket work, I would be surprised if there actually is a bone - stock ATV / UTV out there which brings me to the point below.

3. The aftermarket world is there because there are always improvements that can be made and sold to a willing public who wants to go faster, stop better, ride better, etc., if Kubota does not see the flaw in their thinking that this "problem" is something that consumers will accept then likely some forward thinking suspension company will pick up on it and come up with a fix and sell it through Kubota dealers as UTV Hitchworks does now, they offer aftermarket solutions to Kubota parts cheaper and sell through Kubota's network of dealers. As a compliment to farmers everywhere including those on this forum how many farm machines stay bone stock? The engineers coming up with ideas for these machines likely were not farmers first who used one and then put pencil to paper.

4. My personal plan is to wait it out, I did not have a trade in to get back, the Yamaha Rhino is not capable of doing what this "flawed" new RTV can do, my Kubota tractor has no cab, dump box so this RTV fits my needs, I do have a great dealer who only has Orange equipment on his 2 locations and RTV's are a big part of their business, they are used extensively for orchards, tree farms, nursery's, those customers will definitely wear out those suspect parts sooner than I will and make a difference in Kubota thinking.

Hopefully those new owners on this forum that are trading back do not get burned doing it.

milkman

I would pursue getting my old machine back if not too much of a dollar hit. How many are confident that Kubota will fix this, there have been posts that Kubota says it is designed that way. Don't sound like Kubota is willing to do anything about the slop in the suspension.
I'm not drawn to the new 900s at all, the bed is shorter, the two speed hydro, and all the stuff sticking out past the rear tires all seem like steps backward to me. The new suspension seems like a good thing, if they get the slop out of it, and I wonder if the IRS will be as tough as previous RTVs.

Welcome aboard Tailrotor!

Just checked my X-1100 and Yes, mine has slack in both rear sides with 135 miles & 34 hours....no noise, just slack. It's "Tagged Out" now!
The front end is snug as a bug....

Update: 3/6/14

190 oil top road miles, 41 hours and I did what Kubota told me to do...Drive it!

Well, I now have significantly more rear wheel slack and the front A-Arms are moving fore & aft!

Thought i'd share the info....

Gary

BaiJiu

PrimeTime that sucks big time, I watched you customize your RTV and how proud you were to post your progress, it really hurts to watch this play out. You truly are an inspiration to the rest of us. I know if it was me I would be bouncing off the walls and likely loosing it anytime I heard the "K" word. I really hope Kubota can get you fixed up soon.