What brand do you own?

What brands do you own?

• Total voters

HeyBob

Nah... that title lies with Massey :respect:

(Even if they did steal Fords ideas :poke: :D)

LOL..................Ford stole a few ideas from others along the way also..........Massey? You kidding me? The local MF dealer just dropped them and picked up New Holland, ok, well that's still not a Ford.

It kinda kills me that the "Ford Tractor" brand no longer exists.

Grrrr

LOL..................Ford stole a few ideas from others along the way also..........Massey? You kidding me? The local MF dealer just dropped them and picked up New Holland, ok, well that's still not a Ford.

It kinda kills me that the "Ford Tractor" brand no longer exists.

So the local MF dealer ain't a MF dealer anymore then ;)

I think it's a shame Banner Lane where the best tractors ever were made (by MF of course) has just been demolished in the UK. Now they are all made overseas and the old factories a supermarket :angry:

MF are owned by AGCO now so they don't really exist as a separate tractor make anymore either.

But then New Holland are owned by CNH Global so they are all Fiats :poke: :D

And McCormick who used to make nice tractors in the UK have just gone to Italy to join ARGO :angry:

In fact theres only really Deere, AGCO, ARGO and a few Chinese manufactures left now :sad::yuk:

Mark777

Hey Dennis, I have the gray sister to your YM155D...The YM1300D. Nearly identical with exception to the 3 speed PTO and reverse throttle lever.

Seriously considering building a FEL for my 1300 after reading about people that have theirs, like yours, installed.

(Heard through the grapevine that your contemplating a re-paint?) Can hardly wait as maybe some of the craft may rub off on California LOL.

Again, Welcome to NTT.

Mark

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why's everybody always picking on me?

Attachments

• P1070303rYM240,UnloadingDiscAtRanch.jpg
    P1070303rYM240,UnloadingDiscAtRanch.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 4,188
Hey Dennis, I have the gray sister to your YM155D...The YM1300D. Nearly identical with exception to the 3 speed PTO and reverse throttle lever.

Seriously considering building a FEL for my 1300 after reading about people that have theirs, like yours, installed.

(Heard through the grapevine that your contemplating a re-paint?) Can hardly wait as maybe some of the craft may rub off on California LOL.

Mark

I have seen a couple of the 1300D's The 3 speed PTO seems like it would be a plus to have. And I dont understand why the US models had to have the forward push throttle rather than the pull though maybe its because if you have hold of the throttle and make the tractor jump forward yu could accidentally put it in higher speed? Things could go from bad to worse I guess. :lam:

Still havent gotten my FEL back on. My friend left a vital part behind when he brought the FEL over so am having to wait for him to drop it off. One week and counting.;) He isnt in any hurry. I think he is a little disgusted with himself for giving this tractor to me. Especially considering how fast I got it running. :whistle:

Yea, you heard right. I am going to start on a repaint sometime in the next couple of weeks. I put off alot of other projects the last month or so working on the tractor so I am playing catchup. One of the important ones has been slaughtering a hog. Cant delay much longer or the doggone hog will be bigger than I care to think about. Especially since I am doing the thing myself. Not taking it to a processor.

I think California doesnt want to jinx his tractor by painting it. It runs too good now to take chances, I guess. :yankchain:

Mark777

Nice tractor Dennis.

One thing I didn't mention was the domestic models have an external 'air log' pre filter. I like them better than the Japanese setup, which is under the hood and above the radiator.

Here's a picture of my old YM1300D........

Attachments

• Mine.jpg
    Mine.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 130

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mark, on my model the air prefilter appeared only at Revision Level 4, the final version about 1982, together with that generic hood stripe 'Yanmar Diesel Tractor'.

Mine's a Level 3, with model # on the hood stripe and no prefilter.

I don't know if the same id clues apply on the smaller ones.

Nice tractor Dennis.

One thing I didn't mention was the domestic models have an external 'air log' pre filter. I like them better than the Japanese setup, which is under the hood and above the radiator.

Here's a picture of my old YM1300D........

I wonder why the difference in filters?

I have seen the photos I think you posted of the before and after looks of it. I really liked them and I really liked the results of the work you did on it. That was some beautiful work. Dont know if I am THAT good, but I try. :mrgreen:

lb59

2004 Kubota BX23 Bought new
2005 CC GT2554 Bought new
1966 Bolens 850 Bought new
1967 Bolens 850 Bought used 6/2005
*1995 Power Craft MTD LT. Bought new summer of 1995
*Scratch this one - Sold it a few weeks ago .
*********UP DATE Revised List**********
2 sets of twins
1 set is 2 Bolens 850s a 1966 and a 1967
Second set is 2 Kubota BX1500s. One is a used 2003 and the other one is a new 2005.:applause: Just got them on 11/8/2007:applause:
1 CC GT2554
1 Kubota BX23

Mark777

"Mine's a Level 3, with model # on the hood stripe and no prefilter.
I don't know if the same id clues apply on the smaller ones."

"....Dont know if I am THAT good, but I try."

Hey California...I'm a little clueless which, when and why the pre filters actually became standard on the domestic models. I'd like to find out though.

Dennis, I'm sure you're every bit as good as me or anyone else.

Grrrr

One is a used 2003 and the other one is a new 2005.:applause: Just got them on 11/8/2007:applause:

I assume that the new one has been sitting on a dealers lot for a while considering it is a 2005?

Have you got any photos of them yet? Been waiting for the photos over at TBN too.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum PWL :tiphat:

Step over to the Introduction section and tell us a little about yourself.

and, most important, POST PICTURES!

Jim