What brand do you own?

What brands do you own?

• Total voters

Bindian

My new toy is a 2007 Mahindra 6520 4WD with a ML275 FEL and a Bradco 511 backhoe. I have played 191 hours on her since March 24th! Before her I had a 54 hp Ford 3055.
hugs, Brandi

olcowhand

Two Massey MF2745's, MF2705, MF1130, MF1100, MF Super 90, MF175, Minneapolis Moline "avery" model, and in garden tractors...altered MF1650 (aka2050), MF1650 std, MF12H, two Bush Hog D4-10's, Unico 15, Bush Hog Jabaline (JBI), Allis Chalmers 416H, and my MF85 lawn tractor. Also have an old 1978 JD 7700 combine. Bout forgot, 1963 IH Hough 30 payloader and a Cat 910 payloader.

Last edited:

shinnlinger

Ok Ok,

Kubota L 2840 w FEL, Mott flail mower, JD 513 brush hog, woods back blade and post hole auger and I have made the following for it, bucket/3pt forks, driveway roller/compactor, dump trailer, rear weight/log skidder and of course, the wing blade for snow removal

other fun is the 40,000lb JD 690B excavator with hydro thumb, '52 GMC 3.5 ton 450 dump truck, Turner bandsaw mill and for Olcowhand a '72 149 hydrostatic IH Cub Cadet

Bindian

Ok Ok,

Kubota L 2840 w FEL, Mott flail mower, JD 513 brush hog, woods back blade and post hole auger and I have made the following for it, bucket/3pt forks, driveway roller/compactor, dump trailer, rear weight/log skidder and of course, the wing blade for snow removal

other fun is the 40,000lb JD 690B excavator with hydro thumb, '52 GMC 3.5 ton 450 dump truck, Turner bandsaw mill and for Olcowhand a '72 149 hydrostatic IH Cub Cadet
Dougster,
Here is a excavator you can "borrow".;):thumb:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
...other fun is the 40,000lb JD 690B excavator with hydro thumb, '52 GMC 3.5 ton 450 dump truck...
Dougster, Here is a excavator you can "borrow".;):thumb:
hugs, Brandi
Ya see what I mean about New Hampshire? :smartass: Everyone up there already owns (or hs free access to) a 40,000 lb excavator and a dump truck! And if it isn't an excavator, it's a full-size backhoe. Very hard to make a living digging holes up there... since every young kid to old granny is already heavy into serious yellow construction equipment! :eek:

Dougster

Bindian

Ya see what I mean about New Hampshire? :smartass: Everyone up there already owns (or hs free access to) a 40,000 lb excavator and a dump truck! And if it isn't an excavator, it's a full-size backhoe. Very hard to make a living digging holes up there... since every young kid to old granny is already heavy into serious yellow construction equipment! :eek:

Dougster
Dougster,
Why is that? Is it because of all the rocks? Down here everyone seems to like to hire one out.
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
Why is that? Is it because of all the rocks? Down here everyone seems to like to hire one out.
hugs, Brandi
I think old excavators and backhoes go up there to die... kinda like those dinosaur burial grounds.... only most of these rusty yellow monsters are still running! ;)

The terrain and highly independent spirit probably have a lot to do with it... but I think you've have to ask one of the New Hampshire natives for an answer that was more than mere speculation. :)

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
"highly independent spirit "

Its the yankee way!
Is it really that simple? Or is it all that granite??? ;)

Down here in Taxachusetts, kids grow up with non-violent, politically correct plastic weenie toys made in China and painted with lead paint.

Up there in New Hampshire, kids grow up running the family 20-ton track excavator.

Different values and a whole different mindset I guess. :fishing:

Dougster

jbrumberg

Is it really that simple? Or is it all that granite??? ;)

Down here in Taxachusetts, kids grow up with non-violent, politically correct plastic weenie toys made in China and painted with lead paint.

Up there in New Hampshire, kids grow up running the family 20-ton track excavator.

Different values and a whole different mindset I guess. :fishing:

Dougster

Dougster: I do not disagree, but the fight goes on in western Taxachusetts. Where I live weenie's are not as politically correct. In my defense I am a Hill Ape even though I am a therapist and I am definitely not :gay:. Jay

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster: I do not disagree, but the fight goes on in western Taxachusetts. Where I live weenie's are not as politically correct. In my defense I am a Hill Ape even though I am a therapist and I am definitely not :gay:. Jay
Now as you know... I come from Western Taxachusetts. I went to school a few miles from where you are right now (and actually survived the experience). My family is still out your way. I know all about the "Pioneer Valley" and how it's turned into the moonbat ultra-liberal "Happy Valley" over the years. I would LOVE to move back out to Western MA, but I'd still be in Ted Kennedy's social welfare utopia and still under the rule of that insane "Cadillac Deval" Patrick... even if not in the direct line of fire every day.

I see no alternative for a sane person but to escape North to the land of "Live Free or Die" and try to make a basic, no-frills living for myself up there. If you know something I don't know about retirement or semi-retirement living in and around New England, please let me know. :eek:

Dougster

shinnlinger

well we do like to be self sufficient...
not that that is always a good thing...buying 10's of thousands of dollars worth of heavy equipment instead of hiring the little things done for a fraction of that....
but then again, it is a hell of a lot of fun digging holes with that excavator and there are more expensive and damaging adictions!

I cant wait to walk the beest out to my huge pile of slabwood from the mill, torch it off and feed it with the excavator...it willl have to be my fix untill the ground thaws next June or July.

Bindian

it willl have to be my fix untill the ground thaws next June or July.
Nope couldn't do that. :no::badidea::forgetit: Gotta have my weekly fix of dirt digging.:thumb: But I would like to see snow this year.:letitsnow:. Even if it hits the ground and melts. Most we usually get is a January ice strom.
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
I cant wait to walk the beest out to my huge pile of slabwood from the mill, torch it off and feed it with the excavator...it willl have to be my fix until the ground thaws next June or July.
Suddenly, relocation to a warm weather state is not sounding so bad! ;)

Dougster

Erik

'05 Century 2535 w/ Zetor C50HL loader.
(and since Zetor quit badging the Century tractors, the only source for Kukje tractors in the states is Branson)

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
'94 JD LX176 I bought my daughter for her 1/2 acre flat yard - I know it doesn't really count as a tractor, but it's all I can claim!!

Fred

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Wish it was the open road! Unfortunately, my working man's budget does not permit retirement. But - and this is just a possibility at this point - the project I am working on may possibly send me from Northern Alabama (where it was less than 20 this morning) to Canyon Lake TX for a few months - I hope I hope I hope!!
:wink:

Fred