What did you do today with your RTV?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just pulled up the detailed specs on your AMP.

• 1000W max power
  • 165W x 2, 20Hz - 20kHz, @ 0.04% THD + N, at 4 Ohms
  • 200W x 2, 20 - 20kHz, @ 0.15% THD + N, at 2 Ohms
  • 400W x 1, 20Hz - 20kHz, @ 0.1% THD + N, at 4 Ohms
  • OTL (Output Transformerless) circuit
  • Pulse power supply
  • Line & High Level Inputs
  • .3-6V Level Adjustment Control (RCA Pin Jacks) 1.2-12V (High Level Input)
  • 80 Hz, -18dB/octave Low Pass Filter Switch
It sounds like if you hooked up as many speakers as you could then ran it full bore, it may draw 1000w.
From the description you gave (2 outdoor speakers), you should only be using what I put in bold. That would have a max draw at around 27 amps. (they list it as Current Drain : 40 A)

The amp I have is a Sony XM-4060GTX
Here's the specs:

• 60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
  • 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
  • 60 watts RMS x 2 + 150 watts RMS x 1 in 3-channel mode
  • 4- or 3-channel output (no 2-channel operation)
  • Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
  • CEA-2006 compliant
  • requires an 8-gauge wiring kit — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
  • MOSFET power and output stages
  • rear-channel high-pass/low-pass crossover (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
  • front-channel high-pass crossover (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
  • preamp- and speaker-level inputs
  • gold-plated connectors
  • variable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz)
  • 15-3/4"W x 2-3/16"H x 10-7/8"D
  • warranty: 1 year
  • Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Again, your setup would only use what's in bold. That would draw 10 amps.

All of that said, I'd probably start with the amp you have and see how it does. When running any amp, I'd consider getting a deep-cycle marine battery.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Squerly - do you already have speakers? If not, take a look at the Polk Atrium speakers. I bought a pair of the Polk Audio Atrium 45's and they really kick butt for a small outdoor speaker. I have them on the shop stereo but the speakers are outside.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll 2nd that. I used to think Bose was the best in speakers until I heard Polk. My brother has a pair of Polk towers in his 40 x 30 game room and they kick butt. :thumb:

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Yes, I actually have a set of them in my barn. They were poolside at my house in Florida but when I moved I took em with me. :thumb:

Pnkspeters

Built a shielded sprayer for spraying under our orchard trees. Works great has a hydraulic cylinder for controlling boom height, recirculating sprayer for keeping the chemicals mixed. My Kubota gets used almost daily for checking the orchard, scouting, hauling limbs and for playing the roof mounted radio! This RTV hauls the 55 gal sprayer with ease and easily maintains 4 mph going up or down hill while spraying.

We have added a JD zero turn mower deck dolly wheel to the boom to maintain the boom height since I snapped these pics. If anyone wants to see how we did that it will be a few days before I will be back around my Kubota but will be happy to post that if someone wants to copy it.

The former Artic Cat 650 Prowler I used would barely haul the weight of the spray tank and I didn't have the hydraulics to run my boom. I do have to say I still miss the speed for when I went on the hwy to goto another orchard.

And I must give Kudos to Peanut's stick stoppers! Learned about them here on this forum before I became a member, in fact I think that might have been the reason I signed up to communicate with Peanut?? With as much brush and limbs as we have to go over I knew Kubota's plastic guards wouldn't hack it! Gotta say I would love to have something to help protect the CV boots on the rear axle. I had to replace several boots through the years of owning a prowler and with as exposed as the rear axle is on the Kubota I'm guessing it's only a matter of time.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I have learned so much from all the rest of you that I would love to return the favor!!

Pnkspeters

Well I am a newbie! Thought I had sent them??? Well try again.

Attachments

• image-3648405823.jpg
    image-3648405823.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 201
  • image-3110669184.jpg
    image-3110669184.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 199
  • image-4007331416.jpg
    image-4007331416.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 203
  • image-536734891.jpg
    image-536734891.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 203
  • image-863509365.jpg
    image-863509365.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 202

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Hauled some more fence posts to finish my bee yard. Took the wife for a ride around the farm on the woods roads and down the gas line. Need to take a chain saw to the bottom of the powerline and cut up a dead tree that came down. Too hot for that now. Hauled the weedeater around earlier this week to do the rest of the fenceline and the lane down at the town road and mailbox.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hauled some more fence posts to finish my bee yard. Took the wife for a ride around the farm on the woods roads and down the gas line. Need to take a chain saw to the bottom of the powerline and cut up a dead tree that came down. Too hot for that now. Hauled the weedeater around earlier this week to do the rest of the fenceline and the lane down at the town road and mailbox.
Gosh muleman, It is sure hot to weed eat fence line. I gave up on that years ago and just use a narrow strip of round up from the 12 v in the back of the rtv. If there weren't crops around, I would use 2-4D etc.. It was 67 here this morning- highly unusual for this time of year.. brr- I almost wanted toget the jacket out--- almost. You be careful out there. bordercollie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
It was 48 yesterday morning. Got a midnight call to take the Amish neighbor to the midwife for baby delivery. Waiting for a call from her hubby anytime. We are at 57 this morning. Have had the a/c shut off for 4 days now. Love this cool weather!:wave::letitsnow:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Used the Suzuki to haul mom and baby. Today I rode around the fence line and stood in the bed of the RTV and cut back branches that have been slapping me and the tractor. Most are crab apple with those nasty thorns. Was nice to be able to bush hog without getting scratched up. Hauled some more weeds and trimmed back the raspberries and hauled them off with the RTV.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Hauled my weed eater down to the Amish neighbor and went around his buildings and barn. The kids had painted the board fence and I buzzed down along it . His wife was quite happy, but when i left the one boy try it out dad gave him hell in German and he handed it back to me. They can run it up at my place but not at their own. Hope I get a piece of one of those apple or pecan pies the women were baking. Over 50 pies and 20+ cakes were enough to make my sugar level rise just looking at them. The wife hauled 250 lbs. of chicken yesterday and she said the ice house was jammed full with all kinds of food. They invited over 400 people and expect at least 300 to show. I mowed down part of my lower hayfield so they can park the buggies off the road and the boys set up a ball field and volley ball nets also.

TRIBUTE100

In the last few days I've done the following to the 2010 RTV 900 that I just bought. It just turned 50 hours so I changed all the filters, changed the engine oil to Rotella full synthetic 5w-40. Checked tire pressure and lug torque. Tightened the throttle cable so the engine speeds up just before the tranny engages. Drained the fuel tank and changed the fuel filter (Suggest removing plastic panel for easier access). Got fresh diesel and added PS Diesel Kleene +Cetane Boost and Sea Foam. Installed Seizmik rear view, side view mirrors, and Velcro handle, installed 2-50watt halogen lights, front and back, just under roof canopy, float charger on battery, 3000# winch on front. Screwed a tough flexible plastic piece on dashboard panel at ignition switch to prevent knee from hitting key. I had cleaned the spark arrestor but then decided to remove it. Took off the tailpipe and used a Dremel tool to cut it off at the welds so I can re-install it later if necessary. Used anti-seize on the tailpipe screw threads. Now that made a difference in power from a standing start. Installed some 5/16" quick (chain) links on the passenger seat belt anchors so I can clip in a car seat for my 2 year old grandson. He loves it. My 9 year old granddaughter also loves it and I've let her drive it with me next to her. Would like to get a hood rack, but I'm not going to pay $300. Thinking about adding some sound insulation under the dump bed and engine compartment. That's all for now.