What did you do today with your RTV?

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Got mine out of the barn on Monday and took a ride around some of the farm. Had to check on the guys logging the Amish fella who owns a piece of woods that borders my place. Seems folks around me are cutting near every tree before they sell the places. It was a little chilly out (11) and I was glad to get back to the house. Mine is open cab so I only ran medium range as the wind chill was pretty bad.

sheep farmer

SUPER Site Supporter
sheep work rtv 1100

some sheep work on this hot day.
thank god air con rtv-1100 :a1:

Attachments

• WP_000081.jpg
    WP_000081.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 200
  • WP_000079.jpg
    WP_000079.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 202

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kewl set up you got there SF. Neat little trailer. :thumb:
Do you make a living at sheep farming or is it a side hobby?

Mark.Sibole

Got the consol painted and new switch panel installed on it and a volt meter.Today I am upgrading the wireing from the battery to the consol.Going to run a 8 gauge wire from the battery to the consol and make my power tap point there so the heavy wire can carry the current.Im still tossing around ideas for a compartment to add on it for Binos and smokes.I also plan on adding a 3 gang cigarette lighter plug in there also.Progress is slow as Im trying to find the best way to do it all so there are no boo boos.Ill get it looking like a cadillac instrument panel by the summer lol.

Kanook

Kewl set up you got there SF. Neat little trailer. :thumb:
Do you make a living at sheep farming or is it a side hobby?

Judging by the number of sheep in the background, if Sheepfarmer is a hobby sheep farmer, I'd say his hobby has gotten out of hand...How many of those woolies do you have?

Put on front mud flaps and rear work light going out now to see how it works in the dark. Anybody have any type of 3 pt hitch on the Botas if so would like to see pictures.

Mark.Sibole

From all reading the best one on the market is the UTV Hitchworks 3 point hitch system.
Good luck on the lights hope they serve you well

Mark.Sibole

Got all of my Consol complete with heavy wire.Lights 3 times as bright as they were with proper gauge wire and a good ground.
Then today I got a Bug up my but seeing im loosing my strength and cant go as long as I could so I ordered the hydrolic dump kit from RTV Hitchworks.Should make a very nice addition for me.Wish me luck on installation lol

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mark, It sounds like you will put it to good use with all you do. It also sounds like you have the console licked! :) God bless you! bordercollie

Mark.Sibole

TY Bordercollie.Yes im slowly making progress.The Dump will make it nice plus it can be used for future hydrolics.And to think if you didnt give me that gentile nudge Id still be consolless lol.Your a Doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cpsseals

I used the RTV to move a few trailers out of the way so I could clear a few feet of snow in preparation for the pending thaw. Moved the large dump trailer like it wasn't there! My wife then used it to trim the pine trees that line the driveway. Was a busy little beast today.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 125
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 124

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes it sure was busy as were you guys. Awesome pics. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Mark.Sibole

But I do have just about all projects done including 8 guage wire ran to the consol,new switch panel in,Volt meter in Storage compartment in throttle control installed and painted .All I need to add is my 3 opening lighter plug for accessorys then im set for a bit.Ill post complete pics when im done to load up a page.As I was bored when i did the storage copmartment and the lack of real room in the consol to add kids and suck I did mine the hard way.All tin bent custom sized and flanged and soldered at the joints.Made the install easy as I didnt have to remove to consol just cut the opening and slide it in and add a few screws on the flange to mount it.Now I have to wait on the stupid bearing and get that done then look to see what else I can do to it lol.Oh and no radio as i figure it would have to be so loud to hear it while driving there is no sence and whle cutting wood or working i generally wear ear plugs to no sound there either.

oldhat

Site Supporter
Making little ones out of big ones

This was the first nice day in a long time. Worked on splitting next years wood supply. This log had been setting all winter and it was time to make little ones out of big ones. I got tired so I think I will go take a nap and finish tomorrow.

Attachments

• kubota wood split 027.jpg
    kubota wood split 027.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 104
  • kubota wood split 028.jpg
    kubota wood split 028.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 103
  • kubota wood split 029.jpg
    kubota wood split 029.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 103

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics oldhat. :thumb:

I took my RTV for a ride through the woods with my granddaughter Kayla, and SIL. At one point a very high pitch squeal started coming from somewhere on the motor. I raised the bed and looked but could not figure out where it was coming from. Put the dump bed down and tried driving as we thought it might be the hydraulics and the RTV drove as normal ...then the noise stopped. We drove another half mile to the river and then back to the house with no re-occurrence of the noise. Very strange. But it was a nice day for a ride. :D

Mark.Sibole

May have been a dry or squeeky fan belt.anything in the bearing dept would not only squeek but you would feel a vibration also.You can try to lube the belt with a bar of soap or use a long candle just make sure you keep your fingers clear of the fan and dont get them sucked up in the belt.DONT use belt dressing it will make an utter mess of things.

Mark.Sibole

Ah splitting wood already.Good job.Id like to get a start on mine but its still under 3 feet of snow.I have several treed down from winter storms to haul out yet also but to much snow to play in for me yet.Im down to my last 6 cords so it better get warm soon here.