What did you do today with your RTV?

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My daughter is in from school for Easter. We went out in the rtv today and dusted fire ant hills until we ran out of andro. It was great to spend some quality time and get something productive done at the same time. She basically learned how to drive in our first rtv starting 8 years ago when she was 10. Good times!

oldhat

Site Supporter
We should be out of the worst of winter by now. tomorrow and sunday are to be in the uper 60's but monday high of 30.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I'm glad to see your snow has already melted, oldhat. I heard on national news that Forbes Field in Topeka got eight inches last week, just after the storm before that dropped nine inches in Paxico.

Fred

cpsseals

RTV was doing a photo shoot today, heres one of Mrs March...

Attachments

• DSCF0406.jpg
    DSCF0406.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 185

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made it to 60 here today. Great day for rides on our trails. SIL's got to try out the RTV for the 1st time. Fun day overall. :D

oldhat

Site Supporter
Yes all the snow has melted GreenWannabe. We got a couple of inches more on each of the snow stormes, and are only about 35 miles east of Forbes Field. We had three heavy wet snows over 9 inches in the month of march. Usually get only 1 storm like that every 10 years or so. Last year I never had enough snow to put on the blade.

cpsseals

Well bc, about 8 years ago there was a drought up here and the neighbour, about 3 miles south, had 2 llamas but didn't put water out for them. There's a swamp that he counted on to do that. Well, it dried up and the llamas went looking for greener pastures (neighbour didn't believe in maintaining fences either). The pair showed up on our driveway and tried to push through the gate into the pasture. We opened the gate and they ran to the auto water station and drank for about 30 minutes. We called the neighbour and he trailered them back the next day. Later that same day they showed up again and we replayed the scenario not once but 3 more times till the neighbour told us to keep the buggers cause that we're more trouble than they were worth. They've been with us since and they are great. The warn us when ever anyone steps or drives onto the land and they put the rush on the wolves and coyotes. They play a lot with our donkeys and have personalities.
Never ever thought of having any but I couldn't imagine the place without a couple now.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Took the RTV out fixing and checking fence line today. Hauled some bee hive boxes from the basement out to the barn so we can clean them. pulled my tilt deck trailer out of the barnyard overhang so we are ready for cows this weekend. Pretty soft to do much exploring around the place. No point in making more ruts than I already have.

glennm

Went out in the bush yesterday with my 900 and cut a couple of loads of firewood. The RTV is the best for keeping the woodshed full!

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Did a whole lot of cleanup in the greenhouses and garden today. Filled the bed with 2 loads of stems and old plants and hauled to the compost pile.

Kanook

Ground still frozen...gotta wait for the frost to get out...When the temps rise above freezing during the day the melt remains on the surface because the frost in the ground prevents the water from soaking in. Once the frost leaves, the ponds of water everywhere suddenly vanish..Still white stuff on the garden..will be a while before spring cleanup and gardening can proceed..lots of downed evergreen trees in the forest that fell victim to the heavy wet snowfalls but gotta wait for the frozen forest floor to thaw so I can free them and run them through the wood chipper.

Mark.Sibole

found and pulled the drag out of the snow bank today.The Driveway looked like an army of tanks went throught it.Graded the Driveway and got it all leveled out then the skies let loose.Gunna be a sloppy snowey mess the next few days.Just when it was turning brown and seeing some thing other than snow.All went wel and im glad its done.
Tomorrow will be another day.
Stay dry stay safe

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The RTV moved the registered bulls across a plowed field to another pasture. I was sure proud of the Blackwater tires to get me through it. Then I killed 2 poisonous snakes this afternoon while checking on the fence.! I backed up and ran over the moccasin 3x. The smaller copperhead was more ticked and had his mouth open wide! So I chopped him with my machete ..I was glad I was on the RTV. Thinking the only way I could have left a skid mark showing on the pavement with the RTV.... snake in between the pavement and rubber made for a smear... and not a real skid... Anyway .. got 'em. He was enjoying a still warm pavement and really did look like a stick- until I slid on him back and forth with the RTV... One thing with the lugs on those tires... He sorta got in the tread and made a mess with my back and forth. ........ bordercollie

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 123

Mark.Sibole

Collie thats where a small .410 shotgun comes in handy or a pistol that can use buck shot in it helps.You dont even have to leave the seat and boom he is gone!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Collie thats where a small .410 shotgun comes in handy or a pistol that can use buck shot in it helps.You dont even have to leave the seat and boom he is gone!
I keep a Taurus Judge behind the seat. It shoots .410 shotgun and .45 Long Colts. I keep 3 shot shells and (2) .45's in it.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I keep a Taurus Judge behind the seat. It shoots .410 shotgun and .45 Long Colts. I keep 3 shot shells and (2) .45's in it.

Zoom and Mark, I need one of them for sure... I got a 20 gauge (used) for Christmas but by the time ya get it out and loaded they'd be gone. Yes, I need one of them. :) ( and a good internet connection)................... collie

Mark.Sibole

Zoome thats one of the best personal protection handguns on the market right now IMO.
Collie
the 20 gauge would work very nice for snake control.As being on your own property Id look into making an old style saddle bag so slide it in.Keep it loaded and chambered then all you have to do is pull it out and shoot.
You could also make a nice mount for it on the back screen or on the front rops.Out on the range personally id keep some kind of shot gun with ya all the time for many reasons.

I always keep a side arm on me when im out of the house.No telling what can sneak up on you snakes yotes and even people.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Zoome thats one of the best personal protection handguns on the market right now IMO.
Collie
the 20 gauge would work very nice for snake control.As being on your own property Id look into making an old style saddle bag so slide it in.Keep it loaded and chambered then all you have to do is pull it out and shoot.
You could also make a nice mount for it on the back screen or on the front rops.Out on the range personally id keep some kind of shot gun with ya all the time for many reasons.

I always keep a side arm on me when im out of the house.No telling what can sneak up on you snakes yotes and even people.

THat is a good idea Mark.I am going to pursue that . A saddlebag type sounds just like what I need. Thank you ! bordercollie