Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That sucks about the car getting stolen. :(

Do you know if the insurance company is treating her right on getting a replacement?

Accords are one of the top stolen cars. We have one too but it doesn't get out to public places much and when it is, it's normally a rural but busy grocery store.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you everyone. Sis is driving a rental she got thru her insurance for a discount. (state farm) . She is gonna make do with it although it isn't nearly as comfortable as hers was. The insurance people called this morning and said it would be a couple of weeks before they would settle the claim. I think there is some equity on it and was financed at 0% for 5 years and was about half paid for. I will let ya'll know how it turns out . Believe me, she won't use the clicker anymore while at town. She had the historical marker for the house in there too- I guess it will end up in a scrap pile somewhere. Thank you my friends for the concern. I appreciate each of you, judy

I want to wish each and everyone of you a Merry Christmas and a safe one if you have to travel.

This is one of the best forums on the web and I am a member of a few. Never any flaming or nastiness, just really nice, honest people! Thank you all for giving your time.
HUGS!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Cornerstone, I would like to also join you in wishing everyone a Joyous and Blessed Christmas. The reason for the season is dear to my heart . It's the ultimate, the precious gift of salvation for those who choose to accept it. I do. judy

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you for the outstanding complement. As you know it is the members who make a forum and we have a lot of awesome kind hearted members. I feel very lucky for that.

Merry Chrsitmas to you and all members.

Attachments

• MerryChristmasFromMyHouseToYours.jpg
    MerryChristmasFromMyHouseToYours.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 115

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
For the first time in many years. One of the spit upon soldiers writing this. I feel that God and what he has given this Country to make it special/HIS is finally going to make a come-back. The pendulum has begun to swing the other way and HE and HIS followers are leading the way. Judy, our thoughts on here and I know other places have made it obvious to all that there is NOTHING WRONG with standing up and proudly talking about our faith though others, even here use that against us. So, this is HIS time it is fantastic to see those standing and now hopefully walking the walk not just the talk......God bless these United States...........MERRY CHRIST MASS..............Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you everyone. Sis is driving a rental she got thru her insurance for a discount. (state farm) . She is gonna make do with it although it isn't nearly as comfortable as hers was. The insurance people called this morning and said it would be a couple of weeks before they would settle the claim. I think there is some equity on it and was financed at 0% for 5 years and was about half paid for. I will let ya'll know how it turns out . Believe me, she won't use the clicker anymore while at town. She had the historical marker for the house in there too- I guess it will end up in a scrap pile somewhere. Thank you my friends for the concern. I appreciate each of you, judy
Insurance company has settled and they went car shopping today. The stolen car is still missing . They- (not me )- are looking at a Lexus ES.They said it rides even better than the Honda Accord that went missing . Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Gollly Girl...........I gotta quit raising those registered bulls just to eat and devote everything I have and do to raising a herd. They have worked hard to get that and deserve even more. Glad they are being taken care of as they should've. They will never see nor hear of the Honda again.
Maybe the only thing to keep from the theft happening again is just keep the good one in the barn and take the beat up old junker to town............Good luck to that........Dennis

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Insurance company has settled and they went car shopping today. The stolen car is still missing . They- (not me )- are looking at a Lexus ES.They said it rides even better than the Honda Accord that went missing . Just thought I'd let ya'll know.
Yea, I'd bet that Accord has already met its demise at a chop shop. As I recall, because of the volume of Accord's out there there's a demand for parts so they're one of the most commonly stolen cars.

When doing test drives, especially with a Lexus or Toyota, drive it on the worst roads available that will be used by the driver. Compared to an Accord, the Lexus/Toyota as a "softer" ride. That softness turns into sloppy handling on bad/rough roads.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Just saw this on the evening news. Thieves are using a radio gadget to scan and copy the code from newer cars - ones that don't require a key to start. It works like this. You go to the mall and park- get out of your car and use the key fob to lock the car. At the same time, the nearby thief uses his scanner to copy your code. You go in the mall and the thief unlocks and starts your car and drives away. Recommended to lock your car with the inside door button when at malls and other public parking areas.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Just saw where my post is sort of a repeat of previous information. But, guess it bears repeating when a valuable asset may become lost because of the dishonesty of others with low or no moral compass.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Keifer - How 'ya been? Haven't seen you around lately.

I don't have a car with keyless start but have a dumb question. Can you lock cars nowadays from the inside with a door open? I know for years (and especially on Honda's), it wouldn't lock the drivers door as a precaution to keep you from locking your keys in your car.

razerface

When doing test drives, especially with a Lexus or Toyota, drive it on the worst roads available that will be used by the driver. Compared to an Accord, the Lexus/Toyota as a "softer" ride. That softness turns into sloppy handling on bad/rough roads.

that must just be on the cars? I drive toyota 4runners, and they always ride rough, but i don't mind.

My 1998 has 347,000+ on it now.

ovrszd

Just saw this on the evening news. Thieves are using a radio gadget to scan and copy the code from newer cars - ones that don't require a key to start. It works like this. You go to the mall and park- get out of your car and use the key fob to lock the car. At the same time, the nearby thief uses his scanner to copy your code. You go in the mall and the thief unlocks and starts your car and drives away. Recommended to lock your car with the inside door button when at malls and other public parking areas.

Yep and if equipped use the outside keypad or outside lock button to unlock.

ovrszd

Hey Keifer - How 'ya been? Haven't seen you around lately.

I don't have a car with keyless start but have a dumb question. Can you lock cars nowadays from the inside with a door open? I know for years (and especially on Honda's), it wouldn't lock the drivers door as a precaution to keep you from locking your keys in your car.

Terry's 2011 Grand Cherokee will lock using the inside door lock button if you have the key fob in your pocket. If you leave the key fob in the car it will accept the lock command from the door and allow you to shut the door locked, then a couple seconds later it will unlock the door and beep the horn at you. Keeps you from locking yourself out.

It wasn't setup that way when we got it and she locked herself out once. Opened up the manual and educated ourselves on how to reset the computer. Now it's impossible to lock herself out of the car.

As for unlocking it without sending a signal, both front doors and the rear hatch have a little chrome button on the door handle. If you have the fob in your pocket that little button will give you access to the car without transmitting a signal.

razerface

As for unlocking it without sending a signal, both front doors and the rear hatch have a little chrome button on the door handle. If you have the fob in your pocket that little button will give you access to the car without transmitting a signal.

are you sure? How does the car know the fob is in your pocket without sending something?

Status
Not open for further replies.