Trail riding with RTV

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm so impressed with this new to me 2015 RTV x1100c. I drove the same trails I normally ride in nicer weather in the Honda Pioneer. Yesterdays high temp was 35, so I'd freeze in the Honda Pioneer. No problem with the closed cab RTV. The gearing is so much different than the older RTV's with H, M and L forward gears. This RTV only has H and L. I never had to use L even once. Some of the hills did slow me way way down. 7mph was the slowest and that happened three times. Still that is better than having to stop to shift to L, then go up the hill in L, stop again to shift again to H. The RTV would recover quickly and get up to 15 to 20mph without straining. Another big difference was on the older RTV's I had to let off the gas to keep it moving up a hill. Letting off the gas on these newer ones does not increase your speed. Pedal to the metal will keep you rolling, no need to let off unless you want to slow down.

She is not a speed demon but it sure is nice to be able to get out of the house for a ride on our back roads and not freeze ur behind off. Wife even packed a little picnic lunch. A very enjoyable afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_6901.JPG
    IMG_6901.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6903.JPG
    IMG_6903.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6905.JPG
    IMG_6905.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6906.JPG
    IMG_6906.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6909.JPG
    IMG_6909.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6914.JPG
    IMG_6914.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6915.JPG
    IMG_6915.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6917.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6919.JPG
    IMG_6919.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6932.JPG
    IMG_6932.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 18
(That my friend is what it is all about.JOE)..Well said Joe,..I had a jd 750 with a back blade and sold it to buy a 900 to plow snow...full cab and heat what Fun it is to plow snow being nice and warm and sipping a hot chocolate..DOC, wife and i ride trails just like you do looking for wild life like deer or other critters..I just love my rtv 900xt,best investment I have made after retirement..so much fun and a tru workhorse!! Scotty

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No traction trouble at all. That particular road you drive across the creek in 3 different spots. Kinda fun. Leaves and mud on my property have caused a little slipping and sliding but nothing major. Very happy with the blackwater evolution tires.

Turn signals work well to, very handy. And I got a radio with blue tooth from the Kubota dealer for $150. Talking to him later I found out it was not a Kubota radio. He said those go for over $400 and he simply cannot sell them. So he buys from another source and it plugs right in and works like a charm. Speakers that came installed in the RTV are surprisingly good. Can't see them but they are there. :D

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Beautiful property Doc. I hope you are not too disappointed about the Stereo. I'd say the dealer saved you a nice chunk of money. Our township roads need a little attention. Its been some time since they were dragged and are nearly bare in some places. I hope you are real happy with the 1100. Maybe after we get the cabin built, we will look into one.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You are building a cabin? Did I miss that thread or maybe you have not shared details on that yet. Would love to watch progress if you feel like sharing.

For use year round in all kinds of weather you cannot beat the 1100 series. You'd love it. :thumb:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Really great decision. Playing like that removes that ol buyer's remorse every time you realize that you did what you never dreamed of being able to do......Good deal on ya...........Only way to improve ability is to get a good mule to climb up those banks rather than look for a ford.....lol...God bless

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Really great decision. Playing like that removes that ol buyer's remorse every time you realize that you did what you never dreamed of being able to do......Good deal on ya...........Only way to improve ability is to get a good mule to climb up those banks rather than look for a ford.....lol...God bless
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks Dennis!!!!!!! :tiphat: God Bless!!!!!

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I wish I’d video’d the excursion I just took this last Saturday to look at some real estate in west Texas near Big Bend... we were in my son’s Kawasaki Mule and frankly.... I was surprised at the terrain that vehicle negotiated. I thought my son was downright reckless about his vehicles’ undercarriage and tires...but that thing certainly tackled some rough, wild, thorny, and rocky ... . Well, “moonscape” or “mars-scape” would have been tame because it lacked the vicious desert vegetation, thorns, and nasty nails and spikes growing out of the ground... making Doc’s property look like an Interstate. :devilish:

Sorry, Doc... no offense intended...LOL.... you do have a great looking property and Yes, your Kubota is King! These are great little machines, Heh? (I wish we’d taken my. RTV to show my son how woosie his Mule is.). LOL

Attachments

• 5C2DA45B-F7AA-407E-BA89-2A9880A4D17F.jpeg
    5C2DA45B-F7AA-407E-BA89-2A9880A4D17F.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 13751590-8EFD-4480-9606-E0A6FC2344C0.jpeg
    13751590-8EFD-4480-9606-E0A6FC2344C0.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 09E40B7E-3EEF-4371-8247-940A699F8B19.jpeg
    09E40B7E-3EEF-4371-8247-940A699F8B19.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No apology needed Geo. I did stay on back roads most of my ride and truly nothing challenging. I've taken the off road trails and had some fun, got stuck in mud holes and tore up the honda pioneer a bit. Once or twice a year I get the urge for that challenge and go with a group of buggies cause ya know someone will break down and some will get stuck. Most of the time I enjoy a leisurely ride on back roads / trails of meigs county Ohio. Tons of easy roads with lots of great scenery. Makes me happy.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
No traction trouble at all. That particular road you drive across the creek in 3 different spots. Kinda fun. Leaves and mud on my property have caused a little slipping and sliding but nothing major. Very happy with the blackwater evolution tires.

Turn signals work well to, very handy. And I got a radio with blue tooth from the Kubota dealer for $150. Talking to him later I found out it was not a Kubota radio. He said those go for over $400 and he simply cannot sell them. So he buys from another source and it plugs right in and works like a charm. Speakers that came installed in the RTV are surprisingly good. Can't see them but they are there. :D
My dealer did the same exact thing, said it's even better than stock!! It also has a USB drive!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Funny. Mine has USB also. I had not checked for that until your post. It’s so high up in cab I had to take a pic to figure out what buttons do what. I got it paired to phone no prob. Like using USB drives for music also. Much better than CDs an hold a lot more music.

1F983834-449C-4E46-88F8-9661C33ECBA1.jpeg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL No worries. Threads drift naturally. Many times it's my fault. I like that we never know where a thread might take us. Keeps things interesting.
Our radios are very similar ..and both on 99.1. du du du du ...twilight zone weird. :D

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
LOL No worries. Threads drift naturally. Many times it's my fault. I like that we never know where a thread might take us. Keeps things interesting.
Our radios are very similar ..and both on 99.1. du du du du ...twilight zone weird. :D
It's a local rock radio station here in Connecticut. I thought the same thing maybe Doc listens to WPLR. :confused2:

• Haha
Reactions: Doc