new tires

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Larger tires usually reduce hill-climb and braking performance. I have kept the OEM sizes but now have over 1K miles on a combination of turf, unimproved terrain, rocks, and pavement with excellent service in traction and wear-resistance with SunF tires.

$79 from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1S9GG...olid=22ZMJKTQ9XD8X&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
All true. I needed more clearance and hope the 1" will make the difference. That sure is a good price on those 6ply tires. :clap:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Unfortunately...due to rolling flex and simple math....One inch will provide less than 1/2” addt’l clearance.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Unfortunately...due to rolling flex and simple math....One inch will provide less than 1/2” addt’l clearance.
Yeah, that's why I went two inches. 27's replaced 25's. Might be less than an inch but it's close. I sure notice the difference stepping into the cab. :D

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter

Slaw32

I just put black water evolution tires on. One reason I went with them was reviews from other members here and comments on Rocky ATV site about how stiff the side walls were. It was a toss up for me between the Blackwater Evolutions and Terrabite tires. Both are a good fit for the RTV from what I've read. Can't go wrong with either.
I stayed with the 12" wheel and put 27x9x12 on the front and 27x11x12 on the rear. View attachment 12636View attachment 12637View attachment 12638
Question please , any tire rubbing issues with

briarcutter

I just put black water evolution tires on. One reason I went with them was reviews from other members here and comments on Rocky ATV site about how stiff the side walls were. It was a toss up for me between the Blackwater Evolutions and Terrabite tires. Both are a good fit for the RTV from what I've read. Can't go wrong with either.
I stayed with the 12" wheel and put 27x9x12 on the front and 27x11x12 on the rear. View attachment 12636View attachment 12637View attachment 12638
How do you like using diff size tires on front vs rear ? Did you do this to prevent breaking-the-bead on the front tires when turning ?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How do you like using diff size tires on front vs rear ? Did you do this to prevent breaking-the-bead on the front tires when turning ?

Never really considered the bead for the front tires but it might help with that too. Steering is easier and turns a tighter radius.
I have a honda pioneer 1000 and it came with 12" on rear and 10 on front. Dealership had a sale with wheels and tires for a good price so I bought them. they were all 11's ...all four tires. the honda did not steer as well with the wider tire on the front. So, when buying for the RTV, knowing how the honda performed better with narrower on the front I went that route for the RTV and it seems to work fine. Since I bought in Dec I have not put even 100 miles on this set of tires but so far so good. I think I'll be very happy with them.

Peter James

Doesn't putting uneven sized tires on front and back put undue strain on the gear boxes when operating in 4 wheel drive?
Peter

Semper-Fi

That looks like a proper buggy now Doc!!!

To help with my rear receiver hitch being so recessed, Kevin at Green and Sons suggested someone that solves two problems. It provides a skid plate to protect the underside of the trans and extends the receiver hit to a more usable position. My tow behind brush mower needed a bit more turning clearance.

I did not pay this price and you can find a better price if you shop around. It might also give you fabricators some ideas to turn one out.

Also, after backing into a patch of blackberries, I considered myself lucky that I only needed to hose berry juice off the transmission. If that had been something harder, it could have been a long walk back to the barn. So I also picked up the transmission cover plate. Shopped around and got it pretty cheap.
The skid plate/extension slides into the existing receiver and has four bolts. The trans cover shares two of the bolts. See attached pic and link below. View attachment 12641

I hope this helps.

Just curious. When you need to change filters/oil change, how much parts removal do you need to do?

briarcutter

New shoes on the Orange Bugg

followed Doc's lead and bought the Blackwater Evolutions ... 27x9x12 on front & 27x11x12 on back.
I can already tell the turning radius is tighter ... gonna be interesting to see how they hold-up on the pavement.
I'm a surveyor and this machine is an essential piece of equipment for me.
I bought the tires from Rocky Mtn ATV ... VERY pleased with dealing with them ... price, no shipping & quick delivery

Attachments

• OB-1.jpg
    OB-1.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 47
  • OB-2.jpg
    OB-2.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 50
  • OB-3.jpg
    OB-3.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 48

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. I think you'll like that set up. I know I do. Rocky Mtn ATV folks are awesome. Fastest shipping I've seen.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I'll add my congratulations!! I wanted 27s but put 26's on my 1120 because of the extremely hilly terrain on our farm. I suspect that it wouldn't have made any difference with what I know now. Really makes the rig look great! Only one problem....they are too clean. : )

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Blackwater Evolutions made a big positive difference for me. Pavement is not a friend for most any mud tire with lugs though . My tires were used on short runs of pavement between gates on our farm and they lasted and lasted. They were tough as nails though and got me out of many tight spots around the troughs and wet spots in the pastures. That said, you can get stuck but they out performed any other tires I ever put on - I went thru a lot .. I posted about all of my misfortunes with other tires in the early years of the forum Most of the other brands, except for these BEs and the oem s , came apart on me and broke down. bordercollie

edit very old post with some not all of my tire issues. https://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/threads/rtv-tires.14840/page-2#post-98683

Last edited:

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I got 10,000 miles on my original OEM Worksite tires and loved them. When researching replacement tires I found the Sedona Coyote at Rocky Mountain ATV and at the $80 each price I took the chance and purchased 4 of them. I've got a few hundred miles on them and one plow season and I have been impressed. I am on dirt roads almost 100% of the time with some logging road work. I plow with a Boss 6 foot V-Plow and these tire worked as well as the originals. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/sedona-coyote-tire-p