Steering RTV x1100c

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just back from a 30+ mile drive on back country roads. Beautiful day here.
I noticed an anomaly about the steering. Don't know if it's normal or I might have an issue.

Previous owner put one of those knobs on the steering wheel that assist with steering. Wife likes it so I left it on.
I normally drive with left hand between 11 and 12 on wheel. I noticed the knob was in my way. So thinking I'll move it to the 5 o clock position on the wheel to keep it out of my way. 10 or so miles later I notice the knob is at 3 o clock on my steering wheel when I'm going straight. Later it's at 5 o'clock. then 8 o'clock. Then 10 o'clock etc etc. Over the 30+ miles I think it rotated around 3 times or more. All my readings of it were when gong straight.
Made me think I have something loose in the steering ...or I don't understand the steering on these puppies. If it was not for the knob I'm sure I would not have noticed this.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Just back from a 30+ mile drive on back country roads. Beautiful day here.
I noticed an anomaly about the steering. Don't know if it's normal or I might have an issue.

Previous owner put one of those knobs on the steering wheel that assist with steering. Wife likes it so I left it on.
I normally drive with left hand between 11 and 12 on wheel. I noticed the knob was in my way. So thinking I'll move it to the 5 o clock position on the wheel to keep it out of my way. 10 or so miles later I notice the knob is at 3 o clock on my steering wheel when I'm going straight. Later it's at 5 o'clock. then 8 o'clock. Then 10 o'clock etc etc. Over the 30+ miles I think it rotated around 3 times or more. All my readings of it were when gong straight.
Made me think I have something loose in the steering ...or I don't understand the steering on these puppies. If it was not for the knob I'm sure I would not have noticed this.
Hi Doc, it's normal, steering is not mechanically tied. It is hydraulic. The RTV 1100 was the same, not sure about 900's, but I assume they are.

Westfield

I had bought my X 1100 C around the 1st of April 2020 but I still received a 2019 because they do not sell the 2020s until all the 2019 are gone I assume they do this every year. Anyway the 2019 still has the steering wheel problem. The moral of the story is you may think you're buying a 2020 but it still could be a 2019 check your serial number just to be sure.

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had bought my X 1100 C around the 1st of April 2020 but I still received a 2019 because they do not sell the 2020s until all the 2019 are gone I assume they do this every year. Anyway the 2019 still has the steering wheel problem. The moral of the story is you may think you're buying a 2020 but it still could be a 2019 check your serial number just to be sure.

What steering wheel problem are you talking of? :confused:

Tsunamibob

The issue is that the steering wheel does not return to the same place. There is some fluid bypass when turning

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahh okay. Yep I saw that. I didn't realize they considered it a problem and were trying to fix it. :bonk:

ItBmine

So far mine hasn't changed on my 2020 1100. But my Kubota tractor always changes position.

ItBmine

OK, just went for a 36 mile ride. Mine did move a bit, LOL So I guess it will be like my tractor.