2007 RTV900 Fuel issues

DrtyMechanic

I have a 2007 RTV900 that was running fine. A friend gave it to me because he had 2 this one would bog down going up hill so I decided to change all the filters and change the oil. It worked great for 30 minutes then It died while coming back to my garage (I hadn’t changed the fuel filter at this point). I only had a fuel filter for a Kawasaki Mule and the hose connections were perfect fit. But now I’m not getting fuel to the injectors but every-once in a while it will start run for a minute and die but when it runs it has no throttle response. I’m lost

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Same result if you put the old fuel filter back on?

DrtyMechanic

yes also i discovered after i wrote this thread that when the filter is off i took my hose clamp off and very little fuel drained from the tank so i think i may have a clog somewhere either iin the tank or hose.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Trash may be blocking the fitting where the fuel line connects to the tank. You might could blow it out from the disconnected hose and drain the diesel. Then get the tank cleaned out on the inside. Folks have used clean fuel to flush with and also have taken a rag on a flexible stick and wiped them out.

banjo

I think I would do as collie said….leave the filter disconeted, put a hose in the tank and a discharge from a shop vac stuff some rags around it and turn on the vac. I did this to mine when I had to put on a rebuilt injection pump. If your not getting fuel out the disconneted filter, I would try this. I got some trash out the hose. Banjo