2014 RTV X1100C will not move. Hydraulic Oil foaming, HST? Transmission?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
valve plate is horrible. charge pump toast. any and any marks dis colorization haze at all on the valve plungers? especially on the sides?

Graham

Ok great. I'll order a charge pump. Plates have already been replaced. I know it's hard to see in the picture but the plungers have slight discoloration on the top but not the sides at all. They all still look beautifuly polished top and sides. Same with the block itself. It looks perfect. Not even a scratch

HuntingRat

SUPER Site Supporter
I just had a similar problem. I would check your charge pressure before putting new pump on, might save you some money if you have good charge pressure. Not sure exactly where your port is, but I was able to get a hydraulic gauge that screwed right into the port, so didn't have to buy hose adapters. I'll post the link if I dig it up.

Graham

Alright. Parts finally arrived. Everything is put back together and oil has been topped up. Any recommendations on how to commission this now? Do I need to bleed the system to get the oil back through some how or do I just fill up the oil and go? Thanks all

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
fill it up and start the engine it should prime. if it doesn't try putting oil in the suction filter.

Graham

Thanks any idea how long I should let it prime before putting it into gear? I was just going to let it idle for 10 minutes or so.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the hst transaxle is both a hydrostat and a gear transmission. with the gear lever in neutral if you push the foot peddle down the hst will spin just as if you are going down the road. i always warm up my hst by running the peddle down just a little so the pumps and valve blocks allcirculate unloaded for a little while.

Reactions: Doc

Graham

Thanks I'll do that. I just get paranoid turning things on without oil in it right away and ruining all the new stuff.

Graham

Nope. I'm back to square one. Ran it for 10 min with a slight acceleration, Put it in gear and nothing. Looked in the HST tank under the seat and the oil if super foamy. And hardly moving. After I fixed the air leak last time I could at least see the oil flow g through the tank. I'm completely lost now.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
well at least you know that the parts you fixed needed fixing so that wasn't a loss. now remind me ???? are there some extra valves for hydraulics in the cab?

Tsunamibob

I believe that the tank under the seat is for the power steering and hydraulic lift. The transmission has its own reservoir in the transmission. On both of my x1100c's it has a yellow dipstick.

Graham

The foaming stopped. Not sure if it's possible that it can be air locked or something but still not turning the axles. I'm so lost. This thing is going to the dealer or to the end of the driveway with a for sale sign. If anyone has any recommendations to try before I do it would be very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry. I followed along and sure seemed like you were on the right track. Wish I had a suggestion for you. Please share whatever the dealer diagnoses.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
will it turn the wheels with the back end jacked up? did you check the pressures? have you checked the hst speed control lever to make sure the lever isn't loose on it's shaft? have you examined the releif poppet?

Reactions: Doc