2015 RTV 1000c broke the fan belt. How hard to replace?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Had to tow it home. Lucky my son was not to far away and was able to tow me home.
Is it hard to replace the belt?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
don't quote me but if I remember correctly you need to drop the skid plates and remove the AC belt. to get in there.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Makes sense. Only way to get to them is from underneath. Thanks.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I haven’t had to replace mine ye, but I did have to re-tension it. Pretty good access behind the driver seat. I think you will have to loosen the alternator to replace the belt and that is where your access is. Tight but doable.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys! After looking at it I do not believe I am up to it. My back and age limit my flexibility.
I called my dealer one hour labor for them to replace it. I hauled my RTV to him.

TechJunkie

Thanks guys! After looking at it I do not believe I am up to it. My back and age limit my flexibility.
I called my dealer one hour labor for them to replace it. I hauled my RTV to him.
No shame in that Doc. Sometimes it is just the right move with all things considered. Found out I have developed arthritis in my back. Explains the pain but it can really curb the enthusiasm for things that before didn't seem like such a big deal!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No shame in that Doc. Sometimes it is just the right move with all things considered. Found out I have developed arthritis in my back. Explains the pain but it can really curb the enthusiasm for things that before didn't seem like such a big deal!
Yep. I can sure relate to that.
Funny part is one dealer said it's a two hour job. Estimated $400 cost. Uggg For that i would have had to try to fix it.

Then my new favorite dealer. A bit further but worth it. Estimated one hour. $100 plus 60 for belt. Mucho better. :D

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think most of us are in the same boat. I find it harder and harder to get as much done as I used to.
The new favorite dealer needs sounds great Doc.... Years ago, when my first set of ujoints went out on the 2005 900, the local dealer told me double what the dealer price was listed at for that work. That when I knew I had to try fixing it . { He didn't know I had a confidential copy of that for dealers eyes only. Thanks to Two Guns a dear old forum member for it ) I gave it away when I sold the RTV , but your new dealer sounds like a keeper.