30hp vs 80hp

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My wife's brother stopped by yesterday with an 80hp Kubota he picked up a couple years ago. BIG tractor. Has a Woods FEL on it and a big box blade on the back.
He thinks it's a 2002 model but not sure. He's considering selling for 14k. Has me thinking, do I need a bigger tractor. Obvious answer seems to be yes but I also have to think about my trails and some of the current tight spots this tractor would not fit through without some trail mods.

My 30hp does the job, most of the time. I've been completely happy with it. It is a 2002 Grand L 3010.

I'm just whittling with the idea of a bigger tractor. I'm thinking I'm going to stay with what I got but .....tell me what am I missing? Would you jump on this deal?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What's the model? M8200? Hours?
Like you, my smaller tractor does the trick. Tough running that large tractor on narrow trails or doing any work in the yard due to weight and size.
When I need something larger, I just ask a neighbors/friends as they have the large stuff.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't remember the model number. I should have taken a pic of it but didn't since I'm not seriously considering it. I was amazed that it sells for what my little 30hp sells for. Guess that is partially due to the advantages and work these little puppies can do.
I do have a neighbor with a bigger tractor ...but I've never had to ask for help with that. He's helped with other things though.