Amazing resale value--bidding wars

Treehouse

Site Supporter
Well, I watched the RTV roll out of the driveway on the new owner's trailer yesterday afternoon. A bit sad to see her go but seems like she'll be going to a good home with plenty of orange-colored companions.

Now for the crazy part. I put my 2006 rtv900 (with just 80 hours) up on craigslist for $9,000 and had people calling and oferring to buy it sight unseen. I would never buy a machine that way, but it speaks volumes about the quality of the machine that folks were willing to buy it that way.

I wound up selling at my asking price (the same price I paid for it in 2011--though I added a winch and plexi windshield.) I also had 3 other buyers in line at the same price if the deal fell through.

The original owner gave me the dealer invoice from when it was purchased new $10,500 + tax. So, $1,500 in depreciation after 9 years. That is simply amazing!

So, now I'm waiting for delivery of my new JD 825i--itsmthe right machine for me but I can guaranty I never see a resale value like that RTV brought!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You are right about that treehouse. please do keep in touch with us. remember, we are family. :tiphat: collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Man, 80 hours on a 9 year old machine. Wow. No wonder, it was like new. And the winch already on to boot. It's not so much the year of these machines as the hours and the wear and tear. It's not like each model year brings a radical new design. Slowly over time we do see the change but it is very subliminal to me.
Congrats on the sale and your new JD. Please do post pics. We all like to see new iron. :thumb: :clap: