Another newbie with questions. Any advice much appreciated!

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
ohhh. yes sir. I have only purchased a single axle 12 ft 5 wide trailer yesterday .
3500lb axle. trailer is 788lbs my 1100c i read is 2400 or right at empty.
Puts me right under max load . I wont haul it often , I did notice my trailer has square tubing on the ramp.

god.. maybe I need to add some 2x10's on that ramp of mine. Damn those rtv's are heavy
My larger tandem axle 16 ft trailer it to heavy for my wifes 4runner with the rtv on trailer. so had to go lighter.

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
hey westfield. that rtv sure is pretty. looks like an 85 percent chance of a persistent La Nina this winter. are you ready for lots of snow???

Westfield

hey westfield. that rtv sure is pretty. looks like an 85 percent chance of a persistent La Nina this winter. are you ready for lots of snow???
You know I never look forward to Winters, but for some reason I am looking forward to it this year. Not going anywhere is driving me crazy this will definitely help!

Westfield

You know I never look forward to Winters, but for some reason I am looking forward to it this year. Not going anywhere is driving me crazy this will definitely help!
I almost forgot I can't wait to fire up those augers on that snowblower

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that heater is great!!! you'll love it. don't forget to run the ac compressor while the heater is on to keep the windows dry.

Westfield

that heater is great!!! you'll love it. don't forget to run the ac compressor while the heater is on to keep the windows dry.
aurthuritis I don't quite understand what you mean by leaving the ac compressor on. How does that work with the heat on. Could you please explain this for me?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the air passing over a slightly cool expansion coil will take some of the moisture out of the recirculated air by condensation. will keep your windows nice and dry.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
ohhh. yes sir. I have only purchased a single axle 12 ft 5 wide trailer yesterday .
3500lb axle. trailer is 788lbs my 1100c i read is 2400 or right at empty.
Puts me right under max load . I wont haul it often , I did notice my trailer has square tubing on the ramp.

god.. maybe I need to add some 2x10's on that ramp of mine. Damn those rtv's are heavy
My larger tandem axle 16 ft trailer it to heavy for my wifes 4runner with the rtv on trailer. so had to go lighter.

I have a similar trailer (single axle 12 x 6), I used 2x12's on top of the fold down gate to ensure I did not damage the gate when hauling the RTV. Worked like a charm.

Westfield

[, post: 134952, member: 39413"]
the air passing over a slightly cool expansion coil will take some of the moisture out of the recirculated air by condensation. will keep your windows nice and dry.
[/QUOTE]
So when I'm running the heat just push on the air conditioning button and I'm good to go. Thanks aurthuritis

Westfield

And don't forget if you decide on the Kubota X 1100 C and looking for a trailer I might suggest to get a 14 foot instead of a 12 just in case you decide to add a plow or a snowblower. Just my two cents:bonk:

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Did bend my trailer tailgate expanded metal a little., Will have to put some reinforcement on it.

Westfield

Did bend my trailer tailgate expanded metal a little., Will have to put some reinforcement on it.
Yes I did the same thing with mine this is what I did. I didn't get a chance to try it yet but I'm sure it'll work. I have an aluminum stop at the end of the ramps that secures them to the trailer. And they are very light made out of 3/4" plywood. I am hoping this will also get the machine up a little higher. I only have about 5 inches of clearance because of the snowblower drivetrain. And I was just touching the metal components just a bit. 20201029_130727.jpg20201029_130336.jpg20201029_131010.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very NICE. Good work. I have heavy 2x12's that I cut and use when loading / unloading RTV's. Works but they would slip out on occasion. Clamps are a huge plus. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Westfield

I'm only going to be using it probably once a year when I take it in for maintenance. But 2"X 12" is the way to go. If these fall apart I guess I'll have to go out and buy some wood.:beer:

Reactions: Doc