Attachments / Show thumbnails - doesn't.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
What don't I know?

On two other VB sites I visit, going to Subscribed Threads then down the left column to Attachments gives a list of photos I've posted previously. Clicking Show Thumbnails - shows the thumbnails.

Here, clicking Show Thumbnails reduces the list of attachments to half as many per page (same as the other VB sites) but the list is otherwise identical - no attachment thumbnails shown.

I've looked all through Options, and toggled off Adblock Plus. No change.

????

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think years ago when I set up the forums I had issues with thumbs due to this 'style' which is a VB hack. So, I turned off thumbs. I will look into this but not sure I can fix it to make it work like the other sites you spoke of. Screen shots of what you are seeing on this site and what you see on another site would help. Thx.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ok, if thumbnails are turned off that explains it. No problem.

Other sites look the same as here except there's a 100x100 pixel thumbnail preceding the name of the photo - in the location where there is a tiny icon here.

Thanks!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have done a couple updates to VB since I last tried the thumbs ....probably a lot of updates. I will revisit and see if there is any hope for it working now. On question I have on it is would all pics after the change have thumbs or ....would it go back and do this to all images? If it is a real time function of the software with nothing extra stored, it might to it for all pics, old and new. At least I hope so. Give me a couple of days.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
No biggie, don't worry about it if it is more than just toggling it on. It would be interesting to see it if creating the thumbnails is part of the photo upload process and they are already in there waiting to be found!

Thanks.