Battery life

Kerry

Hey guys, my RTV is 5 years old now. The battery just keeps on going. Is this normal or should I be prepared to replace it.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey guys, my RTV is 5 years old now. The battery just keeps on going. Is this normal or should I be prepared to replace it.

Mines 4 years old and still going strong too.

I would assume that the end is near though. 4 to 5 years is about what I get on the truck and car batteries.

Jim

DK35vince

I generally get 7 to 10 years out of a battery.
My last pickup battery lasted 10 years.
Our car is 7 years old and my Kioti tractor is 9 years old. Both are still running the original batteries. I'm hoping to get a few more years out of them.

Last edited:
My battery is going strong at 5 years on the rtv. I seem to get good life from the OEMs but fewer years from the replacements ( die hard and optimus )

doggman

I have 12 years on an original battery in a Kubota 4310. I can't recall ever having a battery last so long. 5 years on the RTV battery. Now that I've said all this they're probably both croak next week.

(I wish the tires would last like the batteries...)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My original ATV battery lasted 6 or 7 years. The replacements have all been major disappointments. 2 years if lucky. Coincidentally I have not been riding the ATV near as often, so the battery does not get charged or used as much. I know this has an effect on battery life. I now use a battery tender (trickle charger) and keep it plugged into my ATV battery most of the time.

The Kubota battery is still going strong. 8 years old now and it cranks it over like new. I've never had to charge the battery in any way. Just turn the key when I'm ready to use it and it starts. Gotta love it. I hope I can get 12 years or more out of this battery. :thumb:

Battery Tender is a good addition to any garage. I have 3 of them. With boats and ATV's I need them and use them regularly. They will help ease any battery issues you might be having.

beep beep....he went that way Wile. Did ya see him?