Calf Scale on the Roxor

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I let the calving season slip by without making a post on it :oops: UhohKIMG0967 calf scale on Roxor.jpg. I guess time flies when you're having fun.. haha ..
Well, I made this prototype bracket for the weighing sling and scale head for the front of the Roxor. It functions great and will get a coat of paint before next Fall. ( It was on from October till mid December. ) Yea, it made for some hard turns and lot of backing up to complete the turns but I still love the Roxor and could never go back to my orange buddy now that the Blue Flame has come into my life. :) collie

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The Roxor seems so much bigger and heavier than the RTV. Might be optical illusion as it looks so much like a jeep and it appears to be about the same size as the jeep I used to own. I wondered how happy you were with the Roxor choice. Glad to hear it was the right machine for the work you do.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Doc. I have grown to love it a lot. The only thing hard about it is the standard transmission and having so many gates to shift at. We may have 5 gates in certain feeding lanes with the creep feeder gates counted so I don't care for all of that. But it makes up for that problem when it's time to round up calves and cows. I get ahead of them easily.
I will say that the aftermarket mud tires made all the difference in how I can go thru the wet areas since you are right as it weighs over 3000 lbs with an all metal body. :)

Reactions: Doc